Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Washington Twp (Westmoreland county) Park in violation of preemption

Hello everybody,

I was reading over the threads on here about the numerous parks in violation of the preemption...

I decided to look in my area for parks in violation. One of the three that I looked at was indeed in violation. I made a post on the "Pennsylvania" forum with the rules for the park. This is Kunkle Park, Washington Township, Westmoreland County.

Is there anybody in my area who would be willing to come to a meeting with me if I decide I send a letter to my township solicitor?

I can work out the technicals as far as getting the letter in and such but if I do not hear back from them or they refuse to take any action I would like to go to a supervisor's meeting. I would appreciate any information from people in my area.

Thank you for reading.

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Washington Twp (Westmoreland county) Park in violation of preemption

I think I would GO to the next supervisors meeting... by sending a letter you are only delaying the result as they would not do anything with it until the next meeting anyway.... And this way the letter doesnt get lost in the shuffle unless you send it registered mail WITH return receipt. That way you are sure that they got the letter.

Check with GNROTZ or PA PATRIOT for more information on this, as they have been the ongoing forces behind a lot of these types of situations....

If there is anything I can do to help let me know... but living about 4-5 hours away from you doesnt really help but lots of other members are close to you in that area....

Good luck

Default Re: Washington Twp (Westmoreland county) Park in violation of preemption

sch8,

Thank you for the information. I was planning on sending the letter because that's what other members on here have done. I will be reading up more on the process that you and Patriot went through. Thanks again

(Berks County)

Falcon,

Your from huntingpa right? If so, its me from over there as well.

I'm looking to do the same thing with a few parks in my home town. Will be following this post.

Eric