Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    (York County)

Default Re: Proposed Second Buck Tag: Admitted Money Grab

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    Doesn't PA have "wastage" laws regarding game? If not - that's an easy way to solve that problem.
    Dunno.

Alls I know is several taxidermist friends who charge city-boys big money to mount a head, and 'get' the rest of it to use as they wish for meat...
    DGAF

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by KCJones View Post
    Dunno.

Alls I know is several taxidermist friends who charge city-boys big money to mount a head, and 'get' the rest of it to use as they wish for meat...
    Oh....well, nothing wrong with that. Dunno why that should bother you. The deer is their property - they can do with it as they wish, provided they don't cut off the head and leave the body to rot in the field. In other places I've lived, that's good for a mandatory jail sentence and a big fine.

(York County)

Oh....well, nothing wrong with that. Dunno why that should bother you. The deer is their property - they can do with it as they wish, provided they don't cut off the head and leave the body to rot in the field.
    I don't so much object to that part.

I object to a bunch of yahoos out in the woods, typically under-trained and under-safe, who think that having spent $5,000 on 'hunting/camping' equipment makes them hunters and blasting away at anything they see moving...

Yeah, I'll 'fess up. Part of it is an elitist "you're not 'real' hunters" thing.

But mostly it's about safety. Seen too many packs of urbanites, often half-sauced on a 'bourbon, cigars and hunting' weekend-getaway just blazing away indiscriminately to be comfy with it.
    DGAF

(Allegheny County)

I object to a bunch of yahoos out in the woods, typically under-trained and under-safe, who think that having spent $5,000 on 'hunting/camping' equipment makes them hunters and blasting away at anything they see moving...Yeah, I'll 'fess up. Part of it is an elitist "you're not 'real' hunters" thing. But mostly it's about safety. Seen too many packs of urbanites, often half-sauced on a 'bourbon, cigars and hunting' weekend-getaway just blazing away indiscriminately to be comfy with it.
    That is a very different argument from "don't care about the meat" (:

Your concern about safety is totally legit. No argument there.

As for the "real-hunter"/elite thing....that's just tribalism. You have that with ANYTHING. I get it with my scooter and morons who think that because they have a Harley they take out for 2000 miles/year (at most), that they're a "real biker" while I'm just a putz on my scooter (that gets 10,000 miles/year). I couldn't care less. You have it also with golf....people who think that unless you make $200,000/year doing whatever, you should never be allowed to set foot on a golf course. It goes on and on. Tribalism is natural. It's a basic "us vs them" mentality...same mentality that has kept humanity alive vs all this time. A little tribalism is OK, as long as you're in touch with it (:

(York County)

As for the "real-hunter"/elite thing....that's just tribalism. You have that with ANYTHING. I get it with my scooter and morons who think that because they have a Harley they take out for 2000 miles/year (at most), that they're a "real biker" while I'm just a putz on my scooter (that gets 10,000 miles/year). I couldn't care less. You have it also with golf....people who think that unless you make $200,000/year doing whatever, you should never be allowed to set foot on a golf course. It goes on and on. Tribalism is natural. It's a basic "us vs them" mentality...same mentality that has kept humanity alive vs all this time. A little tribalism is OK, as long as you're in touch with it (:
    You're right. There is a dose of 'tribalism' here. "Don't care about the meat" is basically that. Oh well, turns out I am imperfect. Sigh.

They truly aren't good about safety though.
    DGAF

(York County)

PS - What's neither tribalism or safety is this:

You're out in the woods in a stand trying to take deer, and smoking cigars?

Duh.
    DGAF

(Allegheny County)

Oh well, turns out I am imperfect.
    The portion for you starts about the 3:03 mark (:

(York County)

The portion for you starts about the 3:03 mark (:

Were you about to call me an asshole?

One of the best scenes in one of my top 10 favorite movies of all time. Thanks.
    DGAF

(Allegheny County)

Were you about to call me an asshole?

One of the best scenes in one of my top 10 favorite movies of all time. Thanks.
    I was going for "Work on it!" in response to you admitting your imperfection (:

(York County)

LOL. I gave up 'work on it' years ago in favor of just admitting I'm an asshole...
    DGAF

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast