I think the larger problem currently is that many police departments can access by drivers license or license plate and see who has a permit to carry and then target out of state residents and make up BS excuses to search the car.

I know Ive been stopped twice so far - once in delaware and once in maryland and I know others who have been in New Jersey from PA. Do you really think this officer saw a florida permit to carry in someone purse and was able to read it that fast and even if so what cause was there for further investigation? I have a friend from PA who was just sentenced to a year in prison because they found her carry gun in her trunk while driving through jersey. At the time the cop walked up to her car she wasnt even driving, just sitting on the side of the road to use her phone. After she refused letting the cop search her car, they detained her for 10-12 hours while they got a warrant under the basis the cop saw a "hollow point" bullet on her floor boards. Being as that in itself wouldve been reason enough for an arrest I find this to be just another BS excuse