Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Read this before you come to Jersey......

A good ole boy from Pennsyltucky, proud holder of an LTCF but unfamiliar with the gun laws of the fine state of New Jersey is rolling through the Garden State at a rate of speed somewhat in excess of what the law permits and is pulled over by the one of that State's uniformed officers of the law.

The officer saddles on up to the window of this out of state vehicle and is cautiously happy to see that the gender, race and overall appearance of the occupant meets with his satisfaction and privately concludes that he is probably NOT from Philadelphia. The officer then begins the dialog, "Good evening citizen. I pulled you over for excess speed. You were doing 105 in 55 mph zone. I'm afraid I need to see your license, registration and proof of insurance."

The occupant of the car, suspecting that this may be the case, has these materials ready at hand, and provides them to the officer - accompanied with a polite, "here you are, officer."

The officer, reaching for the documents observes what he believes to be a Pennsylvania License to Carry Firearms. He stops his hand short of those documents, and with his other hand he slowly moves toward his sidearm, while simultaneously asking the occupant, "Sir - I see you have a concealed carry permit. Do you have a firearm in the vehicle right now?"

The citizen of Pennsylvania replies, "Why yes sir, I do - and as a matter of fact I have several."

The law enforcement officer's eyes open wide with excitement as his right hand unsnaps his holster and secures a tight grip on the handle of his state-issued pistol. He replies, "Well sir, I'd like you to just keep your hands right there on the wheel where they are right now. Can you tell me where these firearms are located?"

Our hero replies, "Well, officer - on my right hip I've got my trusty Colt .45 1911 pistol with tritium sights and hollow point bullets. On my left hip, I've got my nickle-plated S&W .40 caliber semi-automatic pistol with mother of pearl grips. My daddy gave me that one just before he died. In the shoulder holster under my left arm, I've got a .44 magnum revolver, stainless steel, with a 8" barrel. In my right boot, I got me a Bodyguard .380 semi-auto - completely stock, an 8" stiletto knife and a can of mace. Under my seat, I got a box with three live hand grenades, 2 pounds of tannerite and the beef jerky I got at the last gun show I went to. Finally, in the trunk, there's an M-60 with several boxes of ammunition for it, A Desert Eagle .50 caliber with laser sighting, an AK-47 fully automatic rifle with 100 round drum, and several adult magazines - Hustler or Playboy, I can't say I remember which. I can open it up and take a look if you'd like."

The officer takes a step back and partially removes his pistol from its holster. Trying to contain himself while comprehending what he just heard, he responds, "No no no! You just stay right there and don't you open that car door! Jezuz christ you are in trouble pal! All those guns? What the hell are you thi-I just gotta ask you something, what the hell are you so afraid of?

Without a moment of hesitation, our friend replies, "I ain't afraid of nobody - especially YOU!"
    Last edited by free; January 5th, 2018 at 10:29 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Don't confuse your opinion about what is right and wrong, with the criminal laws or the tort laws. Change the laws, don't expect front line cops to nullify all of the gun laws and drug laws and immigration laws and rape laws and theft laws which someone might disagree with. There's no law that lacks opposition, not even rape or murder laws. Look into "honor killings", for example.
    Oh don't worry. I don't. I'd never make the mistake of thinking an agent of the government will do the right thing. There is plenty of evidence to demonstrate that is not what they are incentivized to do.
    Last edited by free; January 6th, 2018 at 01:50 AM.

(Lancaster County)

Maybe its just the NR UT class in NJ, but I cannot believe that all other courses do not emphasize to stay the hell out of NJ/Kali/NY/MD with a firearm.

Part of me wants to feel bad for folks, but come on now.
    Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by lts1ow View Post
    Maybe its just the NR UT class in NJ, but I cannot believe that all other courses do not emphasize to stay the hell out of NJ/Kali/NY/MD with a firearm.

While I agree with you nearly 100%.
    If you live anywhere within an hour or two drive from NJ, MD, NY.
    In these times after all the news stories the past couple years of people with CWP from other states getting arrested in NJ.
    You have to be living under a rock to not know firearms are illegal in those states.

HOWEVER;
    I believe Philly; when giving out LCTF's. Were instructing the recipients that they had to inform police they were carrying; if they had an encounter with police.
    And when I received my LCTF here in Lehigh County / Allentown. I received a printout instructing us not to open carry; and it too may have stated that we should inform police we are carrying.
    --ET

You do not need a course for some of the other non resident permits like FL and when you get your LTCF at least when I did you do not get anything as it's the responsibility of the holder to find out the laws both in PA then everywhere else. It's not just the obvious states either there will be issues in any state even pro gun ones that just do not have reciprocity with the issuing state.

Issues like these need to be used as platforms that show we gun owners need proper federal protection for otherwise good law abiding citizens. Yes she is technically wrong but the overall law is flawed and unconstitutional and is set up to unjustly punish good people. In my opinion it's situations like these were the outpouring of support needs to showed by all those in the firearms community if we are going to make changes.
    Last edited by Hodgie; January 8th, 2018 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    I think you may be confused.

If the government tells me that it will execute me if I exercise my right to bathe, and then I make the choice to take a shower, I'm 100% responsible for my situation at that point. That is not an acknowledgement that the government's position is correct (that people should be executed for bathing). It's simply an acknowledgement of the reality of the situation. I knew what would happen, and I took a shower anyway. Who else can I blame for that?

The fact that the government has the policy to begin with is an entirely different matter.
    you are right, it would be your fault. although the initial fault lies in enabling the government to control you to that point.
    That to secure these Rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just Powers from the Consent of the Governed, that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its Foundation on such Principles, and organizing its Powers in such Form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient Causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that Mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the Forms to which they are accustomed.
    one wrong turn, a missed sign or blindly following GPS as so many people do now, will all result in you being thrown in jail to make a statement against freedom by idiots who were voted into power by other idiots.
    on a multi-state trip, without taking notes and preplanning the exact course, i can see someone wandering into unfriendly lands, if even it came down to a reciprocity agreement recently being terminated or not perfectly abiding by that state's regulations IF there is an agreement... it's all a huge pain in the ass before you throw in the "straight to jail" states.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

Wait Time for Concealed Carry in Riverside County: Two Years

by AWR HAWKINS6 Jan 2018

"The wait time for a concealed carry permit in Riverside County, California, now sits at two years.

That means a law-abiding citizen who applies for a concealed permit out of fear for his life has to find a way to survive unarmed while waiting 24 months to receive a permit allowing him to carry a gun for self-defense".

Something like this is what we'll probably be up against.........

(Blair County)

coming from fl i wonder if she went through dc

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    Wait Time for Concealed Carry in Riverside County: Two Years

by AWR HAWKINS6 Jan 2018

"The wait time for a concealed carry permit in Riverside County, California, now sits at two years.

That means a law-abiding citizen who applies for a concealed permit out of fear for his life has to find a way to survive unarmed while waiting 24 months to receive a permit allowing him to carry a gun for self-defense".

Something like this is what we'll probably be up against.........
    At least the PRNJ has the courtesy to just deny you flat out versus stringing you along. Although, friend of mine is on week 12 and his reference letters just got to his references for an FID/P2P card.
    Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem

(Bucks County)

I wondered that as well, especially how people get into security line with a gun in their pocket at the airport. I believe when you live in Texas, Middle PA or areas where you carry 24/7---365 for years it's like any other part or item you take with you anywhere. Heck, I know NJ is horrible, I work there daily and after being home for Christmas break and used to carrying daily for 11 straight days, I walked out of the house with my gun in pocket.....got a mile down the road as headed to work and realized "crap, I still have my gun"!

It happens. What I don't understand are the people that are completely ignorant of states that have made it VERY clear that people will be thrown in jail if caught with a firearm. I guess when one lives in parts of the country where state after state accept their LTCF/CWP it's hard to imagine a state that locks up people for simply exercising this right.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast