Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Read this before you come to Jersey......

I think the larger problem currently is that many police departments can access by drivers license or license plate and see who has a permit to carry and then target out of state residents and make up BS excuses to search the car.

I know Ive been stopped twice so far - once in delaware and once in maryland and I know others who have been in New Jersey from PA. Do you really think this officer saw a florida permit to carry in someone purse and was able to read it that fast and even if so what cause was there for further investigation? I have a friend from PA who was just sentenced to a year in prison because they found her carry gun in her trunk while driving through jersey. At the time the cop walked up to her car she wasnt even driving, just sitting on the side of the road to use her phone. After she refused letting the cop search her car, they detained her for 10-12 hours while they got a warrant under the basis the cop saw a "hollow point" bullet on her floor boards. Being as that in itself wouldve been reason enough for an arrest I find this to be just another BS excuse

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    In fact, police have been held liable when they stop a drunk driver and release him to go home, if he injures or kills someone on the way home. A person with an illegal gun is as potentially dangerous as someone who's 0.01 over the arbitrary BAC limit.
    The difference is that a person driving down the road drunk IS a danger. A person with a gun in a console without the proper license is no more of a danger than a person with a gun in a console WITH the proper license....especially if the only difference between the two is simply that one is five feet on the other side of a state line. Simply crossing that state line doesn't turn a harmless person into a dangerous person.

The truth is that our media are shameless whores with a leftist agenda, and they routinely present issues without context. If a single motorist is found with a gun, but released, and then shoots an innocent person even months later, the media WILL present that as a cause & effect story.
    No doubt there. They'll cast it as a cause and effect story simply because the state allowed him to carry the gun in the first place.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    OK...Anybody....show me where I called anyone a "shit citizen".
    A while back in the thread you made a statement about all the shit that citizens have to put up with and it was misunderstood, because the words were in sequence.
    (without the 'that' I used)
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Susquehanna County)

Being a Florida resident, maybe the LEO was using Maryland phishing for gun tactics?

Maryland State Police have pulled over Florida residents and searched their vehicles.. why? because Florida drivers license data includes CCW permits !!!!

Here are 2 I know of..
    1st guy did not have a firearm with him but was held on I-95 for hours while his vehicle was searched
    2nd guy they did find a firearm during the search of his work truck

John Filippidis Maryland stop
    http://www.wnd.com/2014/01/out-of-st...-traffic-stop/
    and John Tonnesen
    http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...stop-searches/
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

Well in any event the woman has retained Even Napen as her lawyer (wise choice) as well as spoken with other good people who have been screwed by their mistake in NJ like Shaneen Allen. Hopefully she was given some good advise by people that have been through this before and I hope to see the NRA get involved more then an article in the next American Rifleman. It's time to pony up some of money out of the hundreds of millions they bring in every year and fight for their members as well as make a point with states like NJ.

Today was payday so I kicked a few bucks over to her GoFundMe which is not something I do often but in this case it's worth not only keeping what appears to be otherwise a good person out of prison for unjust laws but also shoving it back up NJ's ass.

(Bucks County)

OK...Anybody....show me where I called anyone a "shit citizen".

A while back in the thread you made a statement about all the shit that citizens have to put up with and it was misunderstood, because the words were in sequence.
    (without the 'that' I used)

Hmmmm.... adding "that" does eliminate the need to consider the context. That does help those who can misunderstand by failing to consider the whole. Oh darn...I've done it again!

(York County)

Yea I misread. But my point remains the same.

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Thrillz View Post
    Was gonna say basically the same thing. Its terrible that this woman who might otherwise be a normal law abiding citizen now faces jail time and a felony, BUT as a carry permit holder its your responsibility to know the laws for where ever youre going into. And I find it hard to believe that a " law abiding, legal CWP and weapon carring, NRA member and veteran" was completely oblivious to the uber strict gun laws in NJ. A LOT of people I know that know dick all about firearms know good and well not to have a gun in NJ. Just imo, I think its more likely she knew the law, and rolled the dice anyways thinking the odds of actually being pulled over, AND asked if you have a gun, were pretty remote.

Hopefully she gets off with a lesson learned and/or a pardon, and hopefully soon well have national reciprocity. But until that happens, laws are laws, and ignorance of them isnt a viable excuse.
    You are correct .................... Duuh what did I do wrong officer !!

(Montgomery County)

Just a curious thought for LEOs on this board.

I truly mean no disrespect... but how do you guys feel about the officers that arrest people in NJ over gun issues?

NJ's laws are totally anti-freedom and if not for bought and paid for judges would clearly never pass the Constitutional smell test.

Don't LEOs swear oaths to protect the Constitution?

How does one be a cop in NJ and take that oath?

I just don't understand it.

To be clear, I keep my ass out of anti-freedom zones, and if I must go I do so unarmed, or with something that passes for legal, I'm not saying that I should get a pass or anything stupid, I just a question about how does one square that oath with unjust laws.

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    The difference is that a person driving down the road drunk IS a danger. A person with a gun in a console without the proper license is no more of a danger than a person with a gun in a console WITH the proper license....especially if the only difference between the two is simply that one is five feet on the other side of a state line. Simply crossing that state line doesn't turn a harmless person into a dangerous person.
    . . .
    Your opinion doesn't trump news stories. In fact, there have been people who have been licensed, who later used their gun illegally. It doesn't happen a lot, but Carson was accurately pointing out the possibility that a NJ cop would wave along a PA resident who had a gun, and that person would immediately carry out some crime.

The cop would be fired. His department would be sued. And national reciprocity would be dead.

Is it "likely", in any particular instance? Nope. Is it "possible" that 1 of hundreds of such discretionary non-arrests would come back to bite the wise cop? Absolutely.

Don't confuse your opinion about what is right and wrong, with the criminal laws or the tort laws. Change the laws, don't expect front line cops to nullify all of the gun laws and drug laws and immigration laws and rape laws and theft laws which someone might disagree with. There's no law that lacks opposition, not even rape or murder laws. Look into "honor killings", for example.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast