Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Please help me understand the status of my stripped lower receivers.

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    You assemble it..

There is no registration. Not on federal or state levels. You don't need to do a thing other than assemble the gun.

If you build a "firearm" and decide to sell it later in that configuration - it would then require a SP4-113 during the transfer.
    Thanks for the clarification.

I have often heard of others building a pistol from a virgin receiver, but needing to meet certain criteria for the completed unit to be considered a pistol...such as overall length, a brace, no stock. if the pistol is over a certain length, then a forward grip can be used in the build...if under the 26" length then no forward grip.

Is the above accurate?

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Please help me understand the status of my stripped lower receivers.

Quote Originally Posted by JDA58 View Post
    No.. Not unless you sell it to someone as a pistol.. then it would need to be transferred at an FFL like any other pistol you would sell
    Thanks.

I have no plans on selling but just looking to make sure I don't run afoul of any stupid laws or assinine regulations.

If I happen to go to the range and some guy questions me on the legality of my SBR or my pistol, which cosmetically will look identical, I don't want to have any issues.

Appreciate the feedback from those of you who responded...Thanks again.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by RenoV8 View Post
    Thanks for the clarification.

I have often heard of others building a pistol from a virgin receiver, but needing to meet certain criteria for the completed unit to be considered a pistol...such as overall length, a brace, no stock. if the pistol is over a certain length, then a forward grip can be used in the build...if under the 26" length then no forward grip.

Is the above accurate?
    No vertical forward grips allowed on any handgun.

A handgun is defined as a firearm designed to be held and fired with one hand. If you put a VFG on a handgun it becomes an AOW.

The ATF as of recent has sided with a 26" threshold, but in reality there is no legal threshold for a AOW(there are in fact AOW's over 26").
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    No vertical forward grips allowed on any handgun.

A handgun is defined as a firearm designed to be held and fired with one hand. If you put a VFG on a handgun it becomes an AOW.

The ATF as of recent has sided with a 26" threshold, but in reality there is no legal threshold for a AOW(there are in fact AOW's over 26").
    I understand about the vertical grips. How about an angled grip? Have seen several pistols with them used. The 26" inch threshold was based on the concealability of the pistol. Correct?

(Allegheny County)

First fucking thread in forever about an FFL who knows what the fuck they are talking about.

Refreshing.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    First fucking thread in forever about an FFL who knows what the fuck they are talking about.

Refreshing.
    I have heard a lot of wrong answers in the past which was one ofthe reasons I never bothered to go thisroute. I have some uppers looking to mate up...and another SBR and the time and cost, do not warrant that direction. A pistol it is.

(Bucks County)

Thank you all for the clear & concise responses in this thread.
    Much reputation has been spread!

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by RenoV8 View Post
    I understand about the vertical grips. How about an angled grip? Have seen several pistols with them used. The 26" inch threshold was based on the concealability of the pistol. Correct?
    angled grips are fine.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post

Refreshing.
    Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

Who is this FFL?

Doylestown is somewhere I travel often enough, I might be tempted to use them.
    DGAF

(Bucks County)

(Since a few have asked...)

Calyton's Hunting & Fishing
    660 Easton Road (Rt. 611)
    Horsham, PA 19044

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast