Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 LastLast
    (Jefferson County)

Default Re: Medical marijuana and license to carry

Over the counter CBD's have virtually no THC.

The PA medical grade stuff does, and they make no attempts to lower the THC. I took my gal to the dispensary in Butler yesterday for a refill. ...the one "tech" asked her what she needed and wanted, and if she wanted to get "wrecked". Well, the old lady got 3 "flavors" (all for pain): one causes less drowsiness, one is intermediate, and then one that gets a person stoned as fuck.

When we got home, and right after dinner she tried the "wrecked" shit - in a couple minutes she said she didn't feel pain anymore, about 5 minutes after that she said she was going night-night. lol
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post

The PA medical grade stuff does, and they make no attempts to lower the THC. I took my gal to the dispensary in Butler yesterday for a refill. ...the one "tech" asked her what she needed and wanted, and if she wanted to get "wrecked". Well, the old lady got 3 "flavors" (all for pain): one causes less drowsiness, one is intermediate, and then one that gets a person stoned as fuck.

When we got home, and right after dinner she tried the "wrecked" shit - in a couple minutes she said she didn't feel pain anymore, about 5 minutes after that she said she was going night-night. lol
    And I bet she wont get addicted to it and start a life of crime to feed her addiction,
    then overdose.

I'm all for it.

(Warren County)

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    I respectfully disagree. I see the Federal Government as having the authority to protect our national borders, and therefore Sanctuary cities are bullshit. IMHO the Federal Gov't has NO business dictating drug laws.
    or medical insurance laws or school curriculum or warning labels for buckets and ladders and extension cords or the contents of gasoline.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Allegheny County)

RE: "IMHO the Federal Gov't has NO business dictating drug laws."

Agree but disagree.

For those already suffering from the cocktails of drugs to treat cancer or other MJ-card-qualifying-diseases, it would be comforting to know that the medical MJ, medical CBD, or mailorder OTC CBD they took to using, was in fact as pure as it is supposed to be.

It's sad that the FDA moves at a PennDot-highway-project pace, but having folks with the specialized skills looking into these drugs is a good thing. Cannabis plants tend to suck up whatever is in the ground and absorb it into their "systems". Fine plant for use at an EPA toxic superfund cleanup site, not so good for making teas for the wife crushed by chemo.

There is a lot of room for commercial profit-mongers to do damage with their cannabis crops if their harvests aren't lab tested for purity. If it means the .gov forces them to do so, I'm OK with that. Kalifornia put the breaks on for-profit growers for just such purity concerns. Kali weed smokers will soon inhale less of Juan's mid-day shit-break than they will eat with their salads.

OTOH, if you have a few plants to grow for your own blunts, who cares as that is a different situation.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by nfafan View Post
    RE: "IMHO the Federal Gov't has NO business dictating drug laws."

Agree but disagree.

For those already suffering from the cocktails of drugs to treat cancer or other MJ-card-qualifying-diseases, it would be comforting to know that the medical MJ, medical CBD, or mailorder OTC CBD they took to using, was in fact as pure as it is supposed to be.

It's sad that the FDA moves at a PennDot-highway-project pace, but having folks with the specialized skills looking into these drugs is a good thing. Cannabis plants tend to suck up whatever is in the ground and absorb it into their "systems". Fine plant for use at an EPA toxic superfund cleanup site, not so good for making teas for the wife crushed by chemo.

There is a lot of room for commercial profit-mongers to do damage with their cannabis crops if their harvests aren't lab tested for purity. If it means the .gov forces them to do so, I'm OK with that. Kalifornia put the breaks on for-profit growers for just such purity concerns. Kali weed smokers will soon inhale less of Juan's mid-day shit-break than they will eat with their salads.

OTOH, if you have a few plants to grow for your own blunts, who cares as that is a different situation.

PA growers are under strict quality control. Growers must submit samples of EVERY batch to the state(or their appointed firms) for testing.

Most grow centers in PA are indoors, using either hydroponics or quality controlled soil. Everything is processed under sanitary conditions similar to the pharma industry. ....my aunt works at the Brookville grow center and they are dead serious on the purity and quality of the product.
    Last edited by knight0334; September 9th, 2018 at 11:14 PM.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

I'm about to take a 10mg pain pill that won't do a whole lot for me other then take the edge off for a few hours. What it will do is keep me up most of the night, constipate me, and if used too much earn me an addiction issue. All that negative on my body as well as having to choose to live in constant pain in order to keep my "inalienable" rights. It's a joke that proves who the politicians are truly in bed with in this country and how little they actually care about doing something about the opioid epidemic.

(Allegheny County)

PA growers are under strict quality control. Growers must submit samples of EVERY batch to the state(or their appointed firms) for testing.

Most grow centers in PA are indoors, using either hydroponics or quality controlled soil. Everything is processed under sanitary conditions similar to the pharma industry. ....my aunt works at the Brookville grow center and they are dead serious on the purity and quality of the product.
    And that is a good thing!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    I'm about to take a 10mg pain pill that won't do a whole lot for me other then take the edge off for a few hours. What it will do is keep me up most of the night, constipate me, and if used too much earn me an addiction issue. All that negative on my body as well as having to choose to live in constant pain in order to keep my "inalienable" rights. It's a joke that proves who the politicians are truly in bed with in this country and how little they actually care about doing something about the opioid epidemic.
    Couple issues at play; the pesky treaty the USA -and Canada- signed along with many other nations agreeing to treat weed like coke or heroine. The Canucks just reneged at a national level and at least one country - Russia - is not happy with that over the precedent it sets. Best we can hope is that Trump overrules Jeffry Sessions and supports legalization or at least reclassification.

The other issue -tinfoil on - Big Pharma is getting set up for tobacco industry-like lawsuits by the states for folks getting addicted to opioids.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post

My gal was on the opiates all the way up to Fentanyl(spelling?). Those Fentanyl patches even stopped working after awhile. ....she had built up a tolerance, which also came with an addiction.

She realized it and went cold turkey, trying some "new age" means to deal with pain(which kinda worked). But it was a hellish 2-3 months for her(and me) breaking the opiate withdraw issues. After the new age stuff stopped even helping she tried the "herb". That worked!

It took her a while, but she got her Medical MJ card. She a hellava lot nicer person to be around when she isn't in pain. When she is in pain, she's Super ****.

I’m glad your wife was able to find relief both from the pain as well as the hold on her from the opioids. I was offered the patch a year ago and turned it down.

Living in chronic pain changes everything including your personality. It’s tough on the others in the relationship for sure.

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 LastLast