Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Medical marijuana and license to carry

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Do you guys really think that "big tobacco" is just going to sit back? Nope, they're already tooled up for processing leafy product. They'll step in and drive everyone else out of business, and they'll do exactly what they did with cigarettes.
    That's called "capitalism", and I'm all for it.

Here's a thought, everyone seems to hate "big tobacco" because of their greed and that they supposedly fucked around with cigarettes to make them more addictive.

What happens if the feds make it legal nationwide? Do you guys really think that "big tobacco" is just going to sit back? Nope, they're already tooled up for processing leafy product. They'll step in and drive everyone else out of business, and they'll do exactly what they did with cigarettes. It won't be your neighborhood grower out there that will be getting your pot, it'll be Marlpoto, Newpot, and Campots.
    I think we had a thread about philip morris buying the rights to sell
    weed in vending machines. That was back about 5yrs ago IIRC

(Lancaster County)

Here's a thought, everyone seems to hate "big tobacco" because of their greed and that they supposedly fucked around with cigarettes to make them more addictive.

What happens if the feds make it legal nationwide? Do you guys really think that "big tobacco" is just going to sit back? Nope, they're already tooled up for processing leafy product. They'll step in and drive everyone else out of business, and they'll do exactly what they did with cigarettes. It won't be your neighborhood grower out there that will be getting your pot, it'll be Marlpoto, Newpot, and Campots.
    Stuff like this makes me question the tin foil hat stuff regarding big pharma blocking the decriminalization of weed. They could stand to make a tooooon of money if they push it legally.
    Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem

(Fayette County)

So because a few large corporations may get into the game, we should still continue with oppressive laws and jailing Americans for a plant that god put on this earth and has not killed a single person?

Also, you cannot patent a plant.
    Even if Ford started growing and selling marijuana on a massive scale, if its decriminalized a free American, could grow a few plants on their property.
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    So because a few large corporations may get into the game, we should still continue with oppressive laws and jailing Americans for a plant that god put on this earth and has not killed a single person?

Also, you cannot patent a plant.
    Even if Ford started growing and selling marijuana on a massive scale, if its decriminalized a free American, could grow a few plants on their property.
    I never said anything of the type. I'm just wondering how the people that rail against big tobacco are going to feel when they become Big Pot and your pack of reefer costs $25, $30 in Philly.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

North Carolina, formerly from PA, North Carolina

I never said anything of the type. I'm just wondering how the people that rail against big tobacco are going to feel when they become Big Pot and your pack of reefer costs $25, $30 in Philly.
    The reason cigarettes cost so much is taxes. But it's still a lot more convenient to buy factory-made cigs. Certainly, the states and feds will tax the shit out of marijuana, given the chance, the same as they do alcohol. But I don't see how this factors into the argument at hand.

It's pretty clear that Jeff Sessions is a fascist. Or if that word is too strong, he's certainly an authoritarian of the first order. Kind of like Trump, who is more than willing to use government power to get what he wants.

Furthermore, I find all of the pothead jokes and snide comments to be another example of how gun owners cannot unite to preserve and nurture gun rights. There is no legitimate reason that using marijuana in a moderate fashion (like alcohol) should deny someone their rights to own and use guns. It's preposterous.

Quote Originally Posted by farmplinker View Post
    There is no legitimate reason that using marijuana in a moderate fashion (like alcohol) should deny someone their rights to own and use guns. It's preposterous.
    Its just another way of stripping someones 2nd amendment right away, thats all.

(Fayette County)

I never said anything of the type.
    I know you didnt, I was addressing anyone who did.

I'm just wondering how the people that rail against big tobacco are going to feel when they become Big Pot and your pack of reefer costs $25, $30 in Philly.

That $25 "pack of reefer" is far more affordable than hiring an attorney, court costs and having a criminal record for the eventual arrest of having the verboten reefer.
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by farmplinker View Post
    The reason cigarettes cost so much is taxes.

Cig makers lost the lawsuit, and it cost them. They have been making up those lost profits by raising the price ever since. Average price before, $1.70 for a pack of squares, then shot up to over $3 shortly after. What's the price now, $7.50?

Remember when it was called the Winston Cup?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Wayne County)

Lots of large breweries but the small craft brewers stay in business. If they ever legalize dope, I’m sure the intelligent people will find a way to sell their product on Amazon.

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast