Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    (Erie County)

Default Re: Medical marijuana and license to carry

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Can you clarify that last line?
    One year suspension after last use of Id.

(Crawford County)

With the easy availability of grow your own marijuana, it would make sense to abandon official acquisition of a medical marijuana card (that would immediately lead to revocation of your LTC “privilege”) and just grow or buy from an illicit source. At least you would retain your LTC until caught, arrested and convicted of simple possession. And at least you would get due process in a court of law. A fighting chance as it were.

Also, when they issue your medical marijuana card.....do they notify Dept. Of transportation to suspend your driving privileges?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    With the easy availability of grow your own marijuana, it would make sense to abandon official acquisition of a medical marijuana card (that would immediately lead to revocation of your LTC “privilege”) and just grow or buy from an illicit source. At least you would retain your LTC until caught, arrested and convicted of simple possession. And at least you would get due process in a court of law. A fighting chance as it were.

Also, when they issue your medical marijuana card.....do they notify Dept. Of transportation to suspend your driving privileges?
    The downside is they can confiscate your house if you're growing it on your property.

(Crawford County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    The downside is they can confiscate your house if you're growing it on your property.
    I’m not recommending it. I’m just trying to think like somebody faced with the choice of using it for pain management or not. And so in that case, they’d choose to purchase from a grower, or grow it on public property. I think like in prohibition, there will be ever increasing illicit providers until the system finally bends to the public. It makes no sense to have two conflicting laws.

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    I’m not recommending it. I’m just trying to think like somebody faced with the choice of using it for pain management or not. And so in that case, they’d choose to purchase from a grower, or grow it on public property. I think like in prohibition, there will be ever increasing illicit providers until the system finally bends to the public. It makes no sense to have two conflicting laws.
    Truth is, Marijuana is not ideal for real pain management.
    Opiod analgesics are still a thousand times more effective for pain treatment than anything out there.

However, due to a clueless media and public, reasonable pain management with opiods is almost nonexistent now due to media hyped "epidemic" headlines.

Only 6.4 per 100,000 people in America die from opiods a year. Thats hardly "epidemic" levels.
    Last edited by Ricochet; January 29th, 2018 at 12:00 AM.
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    Opiod analgesics are still a thousand times more effect for pain treatment than anything out there.

However, due to a clueless media and public, reasonable pain management with opiods is almost nonexistent now due to media hyped "epidemic" headlines.

Only 6.4 per 100,000 people in America die from opiods a year. Thats hardly "epidemic" levels.
    I tried three drug stores to get some Gold Bond powder. They didn't have any because of the newest red dye #3 cancer scare.

I don't even have a uterus.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    Opiod analgesics are still a thousand times more effect for pain treatment than anything out there.

THC is effective for pain management in a few specific situations (e.g. glaucoma). Beyond that, I find it to be total bunk. Just an excuse to get high "legally." I don't particularly have a problem with that. I lean toward legalization and view pot as about the same as alcohol.

Opioids are effective for most pain management scenarios, and I agree the "epidemic" is overblown. OTOH, having had them prescribed a few times I totally get the potential for abuse. If I'd not had responsible doctors who told me "no," I'd have happily kept the 'scrip open for as long as they'd give it. Opioids are great: only drug I've ever had that I could just pop one, sit on the couch and be 100% perfectly happy with life for the duration...
    DGAF

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by KCJones View Post
    THC is effective for pain management in a few specific situations (e.g. glaucoma)..
    I would encourage you to do some more reading on that topic.

https://www.aao.org/eye-health/tips-...ucoma-treament

(Lancaster County)

My narcotic pain meds are for 6 hrs tops. It could be argued I’m impaired.
    Honestly I’d like to hear from some pro mj doctors. Ones with credentials. Not some gp from South Dakota. Not a doctor saying “The patient says they benefit from smoking and that’s a positive”.

In the end I’d love to see all prohibitions lifted. People free to do as they choose. Prosecuted if they infringe on others for whatever crime that may be. Not some generic, presumptive law breaking

(Crawford County)

I’m interested in reports that combining marijuana with prescribed opiods for pain management, reduces the dosage of opiods needed to achieve pain relief. This in turn reduces the exposure to addiction.

I believe this new media and government attack on opiods prescriptions is indeed causing suffering for many who otherwise were able to navigate through painful healing enough to get into physical therapy. I think many who are on the bandwagon to severely restrict opioduse for pain management have never experienced the kind of neurological pain that makes a person want to be unconscious.

There is uncomfortable pain and then there is agonizing pain. Opiods have been used to relieve terrible suffering. But opiods have been prescribed for pain that can be managed with simple over the counter pain relievers and that’s how we get these people who say that they don’t like the way they make them feel and they just threw their pills away and toughed it out. And now some of these do gooders are politicians making policy and law.

People who need opiods are not to be looked at as weak minded or foaming at the mouth addicts. This war on opiods is going to cause needless agony for people who are severely injured with spine and traumatic injuries. When was the last time the government’s war on anything made it better?

It is a matter between patient and doctor. If this were a woman’s reproductive rights issue.....there would be no way you could touch it. So if some how a little marijuana can help relieve suffering without a scarlet letter being attached to it....what’s the big deal?

Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast