Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Medical marijuana and license to carry

Geezus anyone not have an ailment that medical marijuana doesn’t give them a oh so brief respite from their pain and suffering?
    Sorry to be a dick and I’m a chronic pain patient myself. I don’t even give a rip about weed. It’s this miracle cure status that it’s given by everyone that uses for whatever reason. No other drug gives relief to the pain, the seizures, the nausea, etc.
    It’s not just that it’s being taken for such a wide range of things it’s also that it’s the only thing that supposedly helps.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    Geezus anyone not have an ailment that medical marijuana doesn’t give them a oh so brief respite from their pain and suffering?
    Sorry to be a dick and I’m a chronic pain patient myself. I don’t even give a rip about weed. It’s this miracle cure status that it’s given by everyone that uses for whatever reason. No other drug gives relief to the pain, the seizures, the nausea, etc.
    It’s not just that it’s being taken for such a wide range of things it’s also that it’s the only thing that supposedly helps.

It would seem that the benefits are only fully appreciated when taken in conjunction with tie dye fashion.

(Bucks County)

I'll admit to being a bit paranoid when carrying, when I first got my LTCF.

Do pot smoking gun owners feel like that all the time?

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by bornin69 View Post
    well, I've never met two people that identify themselves as libertarians that share the same opinions about what it means to be a libertarian, lol!( which I truly respect being an independent) so I can only speak to the ones that I know who I believe are delusional. As for Libs removing freedom from the equation, huh? the Bush's most certainly weren't libs or even Neo-libs ( i.e.- the democrats) and they both did their fair share to take away our liberties. Trump isn't giving freedom any passing lanes either, with the FCC corporate blowjob( curious to see if we can even have this conversation in a year after the corporate state starts regulating the web), the all out war on a woman's right to choose what the fuck she wants to do with her body ( without a bunch of right-wing evangelical bullshit about the rights of the fetus, even though almost none of those people adopt or even spend time with the disadvantaged people they want to force to be born into this shit fucked world).His obsession with claiming that Christianity is our national religion,even though our founding fathers were very forthright about how they felt about any interaction between the religious and the secular when it came to matters of the state. He's certainly not going to make it easier to vote, that'd destroy all the gerrymandering the GOP has worked so hard for in the last 20/30 years. Is he going to give us gun rights? Maybe, but think about the fact that the two people that he respects the most in the world are leaders of authoritarian regimes: Putin and XI Jiping, who both seem to be more than happy to fill in the holes that he's leaving in US foreign policy as THE world leader. You shouldn't decry LIBERALISM as the ultimate evil to the Republic and wake up to the fact that the Oligarchy-that owns 90%( probably going light there) of our Democrats and Republicans are playing us all for suckers . It's a tactic as old as dirt: use the small differences to divide and keep the bigger things that they have common as far away from them as possible. UNITED WE STAND,DIVIDED WE FALL. And if you can't see that the agenda right now is to divide at all costs, then we've lost one more person to them. Now,I'm going to go not use the MM that I won't get for the chronic arthritis in my neck and probably crack another tasty beverage and hope I can fall asleep before 5 this morning...
    Paragraphs are our friends. Some people like them, others, like this poster, don't.

Its a big deal because its non addictive, and you cant OD on it.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Its a big deal because its non addictive, and you cant OD on it.
    Okay that covers those taking it for pain. Now what about those taking it for seizures and nausea and appetite and torrets? And who knows what else it treats. Kind of my point. Everyone receiving a disability check also wants weed for their injury it seems.

I’m for legalization without the medicinal part. Because honestly, it seems like bs. It’s the “Gun show loophole”. People don’t want to say “It makes me feel good”. They’d rather say it’s the only thing that’s helped their illness. That none of the pills or shots work but vaping the wax and blowing clouds drops that pain from a 9.8 on a scale to ten down to a four.

I’ll shut up if someone post a link to a study done by respectable researchers that shows improvement for all the ailments

(Crawford County)

It’s a weed. What’s the big deal? Just another casualty of the failed War on Drugs!

Okay that covers those taking it for pain. Now what about those taking it for seizures and nausea and appetite and torrets? And who knows what else it treats. Kind of my point. Everyone receiving a disability check also wants weed for their injury it seems.

I’m for legalization without the medicinal part. Because honestly, it seems like bs. It’s the “Gun show loophole”. People don’t want to say “It makes me feel good”. They’d rather say it’s the only thing that’s helped their illness. That none of the pills or shots work but vaping the wax and blowing clouds drops that pain from a 9.8 on a scale to ten down to a four.

I’ll shut up if someone post a link to a study done by respectable researchers that shows improvement for all the ailments
    Agreed. It should have never become illegal in the first place.
    This is the only way (for now ) to make it legal.

(Lancaster County)

I read up on Venezuela and they have pretty much stopped enforcement of drug laws. Overdoses have dropped considerably. The countries that have done this see improvement across the board. The druggies are not out robbing and stealing. They aren’t missing work and are actually productive and healthier.

I’ve said it before, we need to look at this. Forget the knee jerk reaction that it would be hell on earth or that we have to maintain as some sort of stance for morality.

(Fayette County)

I read up on Venezuela and they have pretty much stopped enforcement of drug laws. Overdoses have dropped considerably. The countries that have done this see improvement across the board. The druggies are not out robbing and stealing. They aren’t missing work and are actually productive and healthier.

I’ve said it before, we need to look at this. Forget the knee jerk reaction that it would be hell on earth or that we have to maintain as some sort of stance for morality.
    I agree.
    Switzerland, Israel and Portugal have done the same and the amount of violent crime and property crime has fallen tremendously.

However, in the US, the whole "war on drugs" has become a billion dollar industry. And the US doesn't usually do whats right, they do whats profitable.
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast