Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Medical marijuana and license to carry

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    Do some indepth research on chronic long term pain just make sure the sites are legit. Very controversial subject. The medical community has been leaning away from the effectiveness of opioids long term. I guessing because of the growing tolerance over time till you need a level that will make a person almost non-funtioning. I'm seeing more and more scientists and doctors talking about cannibus oils as being mere affective and les harmful.
    Thats kinda my point... That in order to even see if this is a possible solution I'd now have to give up my 2A rights which frankly im not willing to do

found this topic while looking for info on legality of and recommendations for non-thc cbd oils to see if anyone had been using them for pain management.
    my wife is crippled when her pain acts up and is prohibited from taking NSAID's due to other conditions, blood thinners for yet other conditions and wants to avoid opioid's which when occassionally taken post-op in the past, served little effect other than the chance of addiction and drowsiness.

170 interesting posts going back and forth but i did want to add...
    just like the major gun legislations dating back to the 1930's and earlier, the drug regulations were all passed and created by democrat controlled, be it majority or super majority, congresses.
    whenever they have a majority in the house and senate, they take the authority to violate the constitution and frequently do.
    iirc, the only exception was alcohol prohibition coming from republicans no better than the dems.
    due to them usurping authority, we now have a "drug crisis", vast swaths of gangs and, from the sounds of it, the bulk of the mexican side of the border is all cartels. all funded due to prohibitions. meanwhile people who choose to escape their reality are still obtaining, with relative ease, these prohibited substances and dying from the consumption mostly due to products laced with stronger or "dirty" additives, all trying to produce at the lowest cost, something we've seen legitimate companies in all fields caught doing. the main difference is when your caught cutting your product, the FTC or similar is there for the consumer. but when your selling out of an old buick in an alley...
    well, just don't get caught walking around with any unusual sums of money. it might be charged with being connected to a crime and confiscated by the government, you'll never see it again, regardless if you've ever committed a crime before, since or during. don't expect a trial either, plebe.

what i have noticed on cbd products is that 3rd party labratory reports are common. i've not dug into it enough to see if those reports are legitimate.
    anyone else know of medications for chronic pain from rumatiod arthritis and fibromyalgia?
    she's seen a few over the last two years and dr's still aren't 100% whats wrong with her but sometimes she's barely hobbling around with a walker.
    we'd prefer to avoid SSRI's(some are used to treat pain), cancer causing immune suppressents and losing our rights.

Edit: forgot to mention, tylenol doesn't cut it. a hot soak will help for a few hours sometimes. other times random joints will swell up all red and lock up, she can't take steroids because they raise your blood sugar and diabetes isn't a goal.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    Since Purdue Pharma started the big sales push and the "opioids aren't addictive" campaign opioid OD and deaths have been on a steady rise. Purdue started their big push early 2000's.
    I don’t get this. Everybody knows heroin is very addictive. Who would listen to any source that claims opioids aren’t addictive? This whole line of bs drives my crazy. Fabrication of a new war on drugs just to crank up the machine once again. Why don’t they just put us all on a giant theme park ride that spins us around emptying our pockets of everything? It would be much faster and more humane.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Erie County)

Not all of us like, or can handle giant theme park rides.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    So when you make application for a medical marijuana license, do they tell you possession and purchase of firearms will be illegal for simply being issued the license? Don’t they have to prove you are using it?
    Makes sense.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    found this topic while looking for info on legality of and recommendations for non-thc cbd oils to see if anyone had been using them for pain management.
    my wife is crippled when her pain acts up and is prohibited from taking NSAID's due to other conditions, blood thinners for yet other conditions and wants to avoid opioid's which when occassionally taken post-op in the past, served little effect other than the chance of addiction and drowsiness.

<snip>
    CBD is legal federally and in PA. CBD is legal as it complies with the recent federal farm bills requiring that THC can only be present in the minutest trace amounts defined by Fed law; anecdotally too low to light up a drug test.

Go here and watch the vids on CBD: https://www.cbdschool.com/

This guy doesn't shill for CBD brands as the other 99% Yootoobers do in their wild-ass vids. Just the "facts" in 5-10min vids.

"Vadeem" the "CBD Professor" discusses CBD extract methods, whole plant extract vs. stems/seeds, full-spectrum vs. isolates for the full entourage effect, CBD from hemp vs. CBD from cannabis, known legalities, oils vs vapes, and so forth.

Is CBD useful? Keep in mind that outside of yootoob claims, little to no solid "big pharma" FDA-type tests have been done to prove/disprove curative effects, dosing levels, etc. Some data has been coming out of the UK and Israel, but "not invented here" writes the rules in the USA when it comes to the demonic plant.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    So when you make application for a medical marijuana license, do they tell you possession and purchase of firearms will be illegal for simply being issued the license? Don’t they have to prove you are using it?
    There was already a previous problem in that the state police were taking all those that applied for a mj card and updating the pics system w the info. There was an article on the lawyer page Joshua Prince about it. I think it has been settled that they arent allowed to do that but im not positive

Quote Originally Posted by PhillySoldier View Post
    I agree w the above post in saying "Well Said..."

As a disabled Veteran Ive been on opiod pain medication for over 10 years now. I do not abuse my meds and if for reason I do take more than Im supposed to I inform my doctor. Over the years I have gone up and down in dosages depending on my pain level and used to occasionally take myself off of them just to ensure it was real pain and not some phantom pain from the meds itself. The last time I did that though the doc said the next time I do it, she's not taking me back.

Fast forward to present time and for the last year and a half politicians and insurance companies have dictated my medication. I have gone in for an appointment only to find out my dosages are cut in half not based on my pain level but due to pressure on the doctors to lower across the board the amount of meds they are prescribing. Im currently at such a low dose that I dont have any room to go up or down with my own pain levels and its just sort of "tough sh!t" when im in agonizing pain. Let alone that ive now been on the same dosage for so long that body is just plain used to it and its not helping w the pain as much. I can perfectly see where this new political fad can push a person in pain out into the streets.
    I have a family member with Stage 4 cancer who meets FDA opioid guidelines, yet they cut his pain meds as well. The cancer is mostly controlled; the pain, however, is not. When politicians make the decisions instead of doctors, this is the collateral damage left behind.

Now we want to do essentially the same thing with marijuana. It’s not only bad policy; it shows we are not capable of learning from our mistakes as a society.

(Montgomery County)

What people do not seem to realize is that CBD was approved as a drug by the FDA back in 1985. This was made synthetically and then in June, the FDA approved the same compound (isolated from specific strains) as a drug. It would appear that somebody at the FDA did not do a due diligence search on chemical structures as the FDA Drugs book shows the earlier one.

Before anyone jumps in and says that one is different from the other, such a comment is not correct aside from the very faint possibility of an infinitesimal amount of THC in the June 2018 version. The two drugs are as identical to each other as Vitamin C made in a lab (as most is) and Vitamin C absorbed from eating citrus. So now there is another "kicker" in the equation. If an MD prescribes CBD (even for an off-label use) then no MJ card is necessary and as far as I know, no record of such a prescription goes anywhere under HIPPA laws. Dave_n

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_n View Post
    What people do not seem to realize is that CBD was approved as a drug by the FDA back in 1985. This was made synthetically and then in June, the FDA approved the same compound (isolated from specific strains) as a drug. It would appear that somebody at the FDA did not do a due diligence search on chemical structures as the FDA Drugs book shows the earlier one.

<snip> If an MD prescribes CBD (even for an off-label use) then no MJ card is necessary and as far as I know, no record of such a prescription goes anywhere under HIPPA laws. Dave_n
    Companies that are selling legal CBD in whatever form - buds, oils, isolates, dabs, et al - have to submit to frequent lab tests to insure they do not exceed the Fed limit on THC content. To do otherwise invokes the wrath of Khan; something they will not do to jeopardize such a super-profitable business.

Top-quality full spectrum CBD is readily mail-ordered and no one is the wiser. It is even shipped with enclosed summary copies of the Fed law and the lab results for the purchased batch showing the various CBDs and THC levels it contains.

As I understand it, the latest dispensary up in Clarion now sells CBD products in addition to medical-grade MJ, no card needed for CBD.

Regardless, CBD supplements to a daily regimen are a marathon, not a sprint. It's not going to grow the hand back that you lost in an accident, but maybe after a months use you wont walk like one of Jerry's kids for the first 10mins after waking up in the morning.

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast