Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    (Fayette County)

Default Re: Medical marijuana and license to carry

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    I’m interested in reports that combining marijuana with prescribed opiods for pain management, reduces the dosage of opiods needed to achieve pain relief. This in turn reduces the exposure to addiction.

I believe this new media and government attack on opiods prescriptions is indeed causing suffering for many who otherwise were able to navigate through painful healing enough to get into physical therapy. I think many who are on the bandwagon to severely restrict opioduse for pain management have never experienced the kind of neurological pain that makes a person want to be unconscious.

There is uncomfortable pain and then there is agonizing pain. Opiods have been used to relieve terrible suffering. But opiods have been prescribed for pain that can be managed with simple over the counter pain relievers and that’s how we get these people who say that they don’t like the way they make them feel and they just threw their pills away and toughed it out. And now some of these do gooders are politicians making policy and law.

People who need opiods are not to be looked at as weak minded or foaming at the mouth addicts. This war on opiods is going to cause needless agony for people who are severely injured with spine and traumatic injuries. When was the last time the government’s war on anything made it better?

It is a matter between patient and doctor. If this were a woman’s reproductive rights issue.....there would be no way you could touch it. So if some how a little marijuana can help relieve suffering without a scarlet letter being attached to it....what’s the big deal?
    Well said.
    The worst thing about police cracking down on doctors is that now people who were medically treated with opiods are now just going into the street and buying heroin because most doctors today are scared to death of the government.

When you look at all the numbers from less than 10 years ago when the average patient could get reasonable pain medication from their Dr, the amount of OD's from opiods was actually far less.
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

(Crawford County)

The solution that they are applying is actually creating a real epidemic. Two NURSING home residents just overdosed by snorting heroin in New Castle, Pa. As well as a nurse. What?

http://www.wtae.com/article/one-nurs...-home/15897497

(Lackawanna County)

I wonder if PA becomes recreationally pot legal how big brother will impose these ridiculous restrictions. Gun loophole/Pot loophole.

(Bucks County)

Thumbs up Re: Medical marijuana and license to carry

When was the last time the government’s war on anything made it better?
    Japan and Germany but I see your point.
    IANAL MPMO VIVA CUBA LIBRE

(Lehigh County)

The ATF should have NO say in the matter.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    Well said.
    The worst thing about police cracking down on doctors is that now people who were medically treated with opiods are now just going into the street and buying heroin because most doctors today are scared to death of the government.

When you look at all the numbers from less than 10 years ago when the average patient could get reasonable pain medication from their Dr, the amount of OD's from opiods was actually far less.
    Since Purdue Pharma started the big sales push and the "opioids aren't addictive" campaign opioid OD and deaths have been on a steady rise. Purdue started their big push early 2000's.

(Berks County)

I’m interested in reports that combining marijuana with prescribed opiods for pain management, reduces the dosage of opiods needed to achieve pain relief. This in turn reduces the exposure to addiction.

I believe this new media and government attack on opiods prescriptions is indeed causing suffering for many who otherwise were able to navigate through painful healing enough to get into physical therapy. I think many who are on the bandwagon to severely restrict opioduse for pain management have never experienced the kind of neurological pain that makes a person want to be unconscious.

There is uncomfortable pain and then there is agonizing pain. Opiods have been used to relieve terrible suffering. But opiods have been prescribed for pain that can be managed with simple over the counter pain relievers and that’s how we get these people who say that they don’t like the way they make them feel and they just threw their pills away and toughed it out. And now some of these do gooders are politicians making policy and law.

People who need opiods are not to be looked at as weak minded or foaming at the mouth addicts. This war on opiods is going to cause needless agony for people who are severely injured with spine and traumatic injuries. When was the last time the government’s war on anything made it better?

It is a matter between patient and doctor. If this were a woman’s reproductive rights issue.....there would be no way you could touch it. So if some how a little marijuana can help relieve suffering without a scarlet letter being attached to it....what’s the big deal?
    I agree w the above post in saying "Well Said..."

As a disabled Veteran Ive been on opiod pain medication for over 10 years now. I do not abuse my meds and if for reason I do take more than Im supposed to I inform my doctor. Over the years I have gone up and down in dosages depending on my pain level and used to occasionally take myself off of them just to ensure it was real pain and not some phantom pain from the meds itself. The last time I did that though the doc said the next time I do it, she's not taking me back.

Fast forward to present time and for the last year and a half politicians and insurance companies have dictated my medication. I have gone in for an appointment only to find out my dosages are cut in half not based on my pain level but due to pressure on the doctors to lower across the board the amount of meds they are prescribing. Im currently at such a low dose that I dont have any room to go up or down with my own pain levels and its just sort of "tough sh!t" when im in agonizing pain. Let alone that ive now been on the same dosage for so long that body is just plain used to it and its not helping w the pain as much. I can perfectly see where this new political fad can push a person in pain out into the streets.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by PhillySoldier View Post
    I agree w the above post in saying "Well Said..."

As a disabled Veteran Ive been on opiod pain medication for over 10 years now. I do not abuse my meds and if for reason I do take more than Im supposed to I inform my doctor. Over the years I have gone up and down in dosages depending on my pain level and used to occasionally take myself off of them just to ensure it was real pain and not some phantom pain from the meds itself. The last time I did that though the doc said the next time I do it, she's not taking me back.

Fast forward to present time and for the last year and a half politicians and insurance companies have dictated my medication. I have gone in for an appointment only to find out my dosages are cut in half not based on my pain level but due to pressure on the doctors to lower across the board the amount of meds they are prescribing. Im currently at such a low dose that I dont have any room to go up or down with my own pain levels and its just sort of "tough sh!t" when im in agonizing pain. Let alone that ive now been on the same dosage for so long that body is just plain used to it and its not helping w the pain as much. I can perfectly see where this new political fad can push a person in pain out into the streets.
    Do some indepth research on chronic long term pain just make sure the sites are legit. Very controversial subject. The medical community has been leaning away from the effectiveness of opioids long term. I guessing because of the growing tolerance over time till you need a level that will make a person almost non-funtioning. I'm seeing more and more scientists and doctors talking about cannibus oils as being mere affective and les harmful.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    Do some indepth research on chronic long term pain just make sure the sites are legit. Very controversial subject. The medical community has been leaning away from the effectiveness of opioids long term. I guessing because of the growing tolerance over time till you need a level that will make a person almost non-funtioning. I'm seeing more and more scientists and doctors talking about cannibus oils as being mere affective and les harmful.
    Yep.

My old lady was on opioids for years, all the way up to fentanyl. It came to a point that it no longer worked either.

She's now on CBD(PA prescription) stuff that works, it works longer than her former opioid dosages did, and leaves her functional. The opioids would make her into a useless blob. ....basically looking like those parents that fell asleep in their vehicle with their kids in it.

The most dangerous thing about marijuana is - getting caught with it(feds, states that haven't legalized it, etc). There is virtually no tolerance buildup(it takes decades), there is no chance on over-dosage, there is no addictive properties, and there is good evidence it can cure certain ailments.

Alcohol has killed more people last night than cannibus products have ever killed combined since the dawn of mankind.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast