Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Medical marijuana and license to carry

Absolutely incorrect. No QA or QC whatsoever. Major article recently in C&EN the weekly journal of the American Chemical Society (only >156K members) pointing this out. NO standards, no approved forensic methods. And yes, I am a trained analytical chemist with over 60 years of experience so I do know a little bit about the methodologies. Dave_n
    Good post.

Testing for driving under the influence of marijuana is not at present to a scientific certainty. It appears that pending PPMs triggering "under the influence" are unrealistically low according to something I read a while ago .... I can't produce it, sorry.... and it presents a legal situation with respect to probable cause to detain and draw blood for testing and what the law says is impaired is not based in good science. It is expected to be a protracted eventual adjustment as more is learned. That makes pot smokers, who drive, guinea pigs... while those who believe in controlling people try to get it right.

Marijuana is a scheduled prohibited drug based on the premise that it, as a drug, has no medicinal value. Inroads have been made in the argument that it does have medicinal value on (some) state levels. Federal law has been wrong on many levels over the years. Feds swore crack was far worse than cocaine and based draconian law on that "fact". Feds prohibited citizens from consumption of alcohol for years. Feds prevented women from voting for decades. All based upon the (false) need to control people for unreasonable reasons.

Don't get me wrong. I am not pro-pot. I am anti government interference in people's lives having little to do with need established on facts, or government controls inappropriate to the goal. Meanwhile present law deals with a marijuana of that time having little resemblance to the MJ of today. Another typical government situation.
    Last edited by Bang; January 8th, 2018 at 04:40 PM.

(Lackawanna County)

I think with the stringent stipulations on how cannabis in PA will be distributed (pill form &/or oil form) most users won't become potheads. They'll be primarily using it for pain management.

Dammit, I just stubbed my toe. Time to roll a fatty

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Rekki View Post
    I think with the stringent stipulations on how cannabis in PA will be distributed (pill form &/or oil form) most users won't become potheads. They'll be primarily using it for pain management.
    Not unless they have "accurate readings" on all content. Which as I mentioned earlier, no defined analytical techniques for all compounds in a mix. Note it is being pushed by politicians for the taxes, not by any chemist or pharmacologist. Dave_n

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Rekki View Post
    Yeah if you have a head cold you may have to tough it out.

https://www.pa.gov/guides/pennsylvan...icalConditions

What is a “serious medical condition” under the Act?
    The Act defines a “serious medical condition” as any one of the following:
    Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis.
    Autism.
    Cancer.
    Crohn’s Disease.
    Damage to the nervous tissue of the spinal cord with objective neurological indication of intractable spasticity.
    Epilepsy.
    Glaucoma.
    HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus) / AIDS (Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome).
    Huntington’s Disease.
    Inflammatory Bowel Disease.
    Intractable Seizures.
    Multiple Sclerosis.
    Neuropathies.
    Parkinson’s Disease.
    Post-traumatic Stress Disorder.
    Severe chronic or intractable pain of neuropathic origin or severe chronic or intractable pain in which conventional therapeutic intervention and opiate therapy is contraindicated or ineffective.
    Sickle Cell Anemia.

(Philadelphia County)

Well, several thing’s here are for certain: a lot of people here think that marijuana just makes you an idiot ready for tyranny to come roaring in and take over because “potheads” would just be too stupid to think straight. Some people Like weed and guns just fine, and they’re pretty sure they can deal with the tyranny. Some of you are straight up racist fucks, yeah I’m talking to you “ tanning pills and call me Rufus”. And some of us aren’t even close to giving up our 2nd Amd “ rights” for some kind of pain relief that’s not a Big Pharma bullshit racket in order to maybe lead a better life, because we're not about to give up our guns. Y’all couldn’t have been more informative if it was a poll question. And a closing thought to any libertarians that weighed in, libertarianism is a flawed concept because it assumes we all start on a level playing field and if you don’t know why that’s impossible in the USA right now, that’s why you’re a libertarian.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by bornin69 View Post
    Well, several thing’s here are for certain: a lot of people here think that marijuana just makes you an idiot ready for tyranny to come roaring in and take over because “potheads” would just be too stupid to think straight. Some people Like weed and guns just fine, and they’re pretty sure they can deal with the tyranny. Some of you are straight up racist fucks, yeah I’m talking to you “ tanning pills and call me Rufus”. And some of us aren’t even close to giving up our 2nd Amd “ rights” for some kind of pain relief that’s not a Big Pharma bullshit racket in order to maybe lead a better life, because we're not about to give up our guns. Y’all couldn’t have been more informative if it was a poll question. And a closing thought to any libertarians that weighed in, libertarianism is a flawed concept because it assumes we all start on a level playing field and if you don’t know why that’s impossible in the USA right now, that’s why you’re a libertarian.

I think you're going to fit in here just fine.

You may want to discuss the use of Drobinal with your rheumatologist. Pure isomer of THC, but Schedule 2 and able to be purchased with a prescription.

Federal law prohibits the possession of guns with the use of marijuana, not pharmaceuticals. It's semantics and it's stupid if you think about it for more than 15 seconds, but if you really need an alternative for pain management, this may help.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Allegheny County)

And a closing thought to any libertarians that weighed in, libertarianism is a flawed concept because it assumes we all start on a level playing field and if you don’t know why that’s impossible in the USA right now, that’s why you’re a libertarian.
    You’re wrong. It acknowledges the playing field is NOT level, and it further acknowledges that is just fine because that is how nature works.

It is LIBERALISM that is upset that the playing field is not level, and does everything possible to (supposedly) MAKE it level, by removing freedom from the equation.

(Philadelphia County)

well, I've never met two people that identify themselves as libertarians that share the same opinions about what it means to be a libertarian, lol!( which I truly respect being an independent) so I can only speak to the ones that I know who I believe are delusional. As for Libs removing freedom from the equation, huh? the Bush's most certainly weren't libs or even Neo-libs ( i.e.- the democrats) and they both did their fair share to take away our liberties. Trump isn't giving freedom any passing lanes either, with the FCC corporate blowjob( curious to see if we can even have this conversation in a year after the corporate state starts regulating the web), the all out war on a woman's right to choose what the fuck she wants to do with her body ( without a bunch of right-wing evangelical bullshit about the rights of the fetus, even though almost none of those people adopt or even spend time with the disadvantaged people they want to force to be born into this shit fucked world).His obsession with claiming that Christianity is our national religion,even though our founding fathers were very forthright about how they felt about any interaction between the religious and the secular when it came to matters of the state. He's certainly not going to make it easier to vote, that'd destroy all the gerrymandering the GOP has worked so hard for in the last 20/30 years. Is he going to give us gun rights? Maybe, but think about the fact that the two people that he respects the most in the world are leaders of authoritarian regimes: Putin and XI Jiping, who both seem to be more than happy to fill in the holes that he's leaving in US foreign policy as THE world leader. You shouldn't decry LIBERALISM as the ultimate evil to the Republic and wake up to the fact that the Oligarchy-that owns 90%( probably going light there) of our Democrats and Republicans are playing us all for suckers . It's a tactic as old as dirt: use the small differences to divide and keep the bigger things that they have common as far away from them as possible. UNITED WE STAND,DIVIDED WE FALL. And if you can't see that the agenda right now is to divide at all costs, then we've lost one more person to them. Now,I'm going to go not use the MM that I won't get for the chronic arthritis in my neck and probably crack another tasty beverage and hope I can fall asleep before 5 this morning...

(Philadelphia County)

thank you for the tip, I will most assuredly check it out.

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast