Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Re: Teenager Shoots Family in New Jersey

There seem to be many similarities to other shooters in the last few years; anyone want to guess if he was on SSRI meds? Unfortunately, we may never know, since drug companies provide half the advertising revenue of the major networks...
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Chester County)

My heart always goes out to the parents of an autistic child... it’s a lifelong challenge/struggle.

I don’t understand how this will impact the charges/trial, although it seems like a heavy lift for the prosecutor.

Prayers for this family (alleged shooter in the center).

47AF7CA700000578-5226757-image-a-220_1514833713519.jpg

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Roadking View Post
    Sad for the victims...
    ...meh....I'll let it go.

(Philadelphia County)

Saw where the article mentioned a "Century Arms semiautomatic assault rifle" Century ought to sue the writer of that article for implying that they sell sell "assault rifles".
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

Kind of puts a different spin on the story about the brutal cop violently confronting the other harmless autistic teen.

Just as when an "unarmed intruder" is "murdered" by a homeowner, we can't ever put an entire category of people into the "harmless" folder. Unarmed people kill, every day. Autistic kids can kill you just as dead as anyone else. Refugees are perfectly capable of raping and robbing and murdering.
    Last edited by GunLawyer001; January 1st, 2018 at 09:29 PM.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Kind of puts a different spin on the story about the brutal cop violently confronting the other harmless autistic teen.

Just as when an "unarmed intruder" is "murdered" by a homeowner, we can't ever put an entire category of people into the "harmless" folder. Unarmed people kill, every day. Autistic kids can kill you just as dead as anyone else. Refugees are perfectly capable of raping and robbing and murdering.
    And that's all very true. But "Autistic In Public" is not a crime (yet). That other kid wasn't doing anything that merited being stopped AFAIAC. And the cop made it very clear that the boy was not free to go - so he was under arrest - and for what? Acting unusual? Total bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    And that's all very true. But "Autistic In Public" is not a crime (yet). That other kid wasn't doing anything that merited being stopped AFAIAC. And the cop made it very clear that the boy was not free to go - so he was under arrest - and for what? Acting unusual? Total bullshit.
    I'm not going to get into that one again, the other thread was closed because of the Taliban tactics of the usual cop-hating suspects, and rational discussion was impossible.

All I'm pointing out is that there's NO category of people who are harmless in every instance, except for the dead and the comatose. Adults with mental impairments can pull an "Of Mice And Men" and kill with their bare hands (Lennie killed a puppy and Curly's wife with his bare hands, unintentionally), autistic kids can shoot up their family, and any of the huge numbers of kids on maintenance psych drugs can and do commit unexpected acts that a rational person would not be expected to do.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Allegheny County)

I'm not going to get into that one again, the other thread was closed because of the Taliban tactics of the usual cop-hating suspects, and rational discussion was impossible.
    Fair enough. I noticed it was closed, but it wasn't clear exactly why. If my comments there are included in your summary, I do apologize.

All I'm pointing out is that there's NO category of people who are harmless in every instance, except for the dead and the comatose.
    Even they are not immune. They can carry diseases or infections that can be passed on to the living...and in some cases, pollute a water supply.

Adults with mental impairments can pull an "Of Mice And Men" and kill with their bare hands (Lennie killed a puppy and Curly's wife with his bare hands, unintentionally), autistic kids can shoot up their family, and any of the huge numbers of kids on maintenance psych drugs can and do commit unexpected acts that a rational person would not be expected to do.
    No arguments there. "It's the quiet ones you have to watch out for".

(Chester County)

As an Officer of the Court and respected member of the forum, thank you for pointing that out.

(Delaware County)

These types of senseless slaughter are nearly always committed by a pasty-faced middle-class suburban white kid who's a bit "off" in one way or another, and often on psychotropic meds.
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast