Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Wyoming County)

Default Looking for SIG MPX owners

I tried a search but "Sig MPX" terms are too short to get any hits, and I doubt "Sauer" will help much.

I've been fighting a urge to get a Zenith/MKE MP5. After lots of research I just found too many negatives, the biggest of which is the price, even used Zeniths are going for more than I care to spend. Followed by no last round hold open, and the condition of the brass from the fluted chamber. These last 2 maybe be minor but they still made their way onto the negative list.

Which brings me to what I consider the next generation - the Sig MPX. I already have a CZ Scorpion, and I have no interest in a 9mm AR (I just find the AR cosmetically un-appealing regardless of glock mag or colt style).

I have a chance to get a MPX at what I consider to be a really good price, even though it is still a bit more than what my CZ cost me. Obviously I don't need the MPX. It's more about having a chance to score something that really appeals to me at a really good price even though I've never even held one let alone shot one.

If there are any MPX owners here that have an opinion one way or the other with it's likability vs. price I would appreciate your opinion. If you own both a Scorpion & a MPX even better.

*I've seen the YouTube comparison (Scorpion vs MPX) done by "Military Arms Channel" but he obviously is a collector with WAY more money than I have.
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Looking for SIG MPX owners

I have an mpx. It started life as a pistol and now it’s a registered sbr. I’ve got an 8 and a 4.5 inch barrel for it with the option to add additional barrellengths by removing two screws. The handgusrd and the tappet and piston etc. I’ve shot it suppressed. I’ve shot it with reduced power loads. Subsonic supersonic you name it and t just keeps running. I put a hiperfire 24c in it since the ability to swap triggers in a pcc seems to be hit or miss. It’s probably the most fun gun I own at this point and I’ve got some cool stuff

If you aren’t scared off of the price I see no reason not to buy it.

(Westmoreland County)

I also have the MPX in 9mm with the 8 inch barrel and PSB. Same as NathanB above, planning on swapping to a 4inch barrel, a 10-inch hand guard and a suppressor. My binary trigger is on the way.......
    It is a well built gun. While it is supposed to take any AR triggers, some of the binary triggers need the buffer tube according to the manufacturer, so I made sure from other adopters which trigger to buy. I have a Fostech Echo on the way, but also have access to a Franklin Arms if there is any issue. I have settled on a Sig Romeo 3 reflex for it, but haven't bought one yet.

Just figure you are gonna want to add some stuff to it, all told with the new barrel, hand guard, suppressor and sight, there's another 1500 on top easy. Do you need all that stuff? nah, its still pretty fun out of the box.

(Fayette County)

I dont own one, but Ive shot a legal NFA full auto MPX that was also suppressed and it is a fantastic SMG.
    Ive heard people complain about getting gas in your face when you shoot them suppressed, but Ive never encountered that.

Also, make sure you get one thats the newest generation.
    They have made some changes (improvements) to the MPX.
    Mags are a little pricey, but Im sure in time that will change.
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

(Lackawanna County)

https://i.imgur.com/aVGbgCj.jpg

Here’s mine. That’s a regular 30 round mag laying underneath it. I may swap the rmr for an mro

(Chester County)

I have a gen 2 8" with the SB tactical brace. Absolutely love it. Run it suppressed with an Osprey 45 with barely any blowback. I considered the CZ but couldn't deal with the grip angle or safety placement. Also wasn't as supressor friendly as I was hoping for. The MPX checks all the boxes for me including reliability and of course the overall fun factor.

(Lackawanna County)

The one thing that made the biggest difference in it for me was the hiperfire 24c. I’ve shot it in pistol caliber carbine division for uspsa and a lot of people were asking if it was full auto. I was able to see some .12 splits at multiple times not really pressing

(Philadelphia County)

I've owned a MPX for over a year now. It started its life as a pistol and then a SBR. I haven't chopped the barrel down tho, still 8 inch barrel. God I love it, it always been a performer in the summer and in the freezing winter here. It doesn't really matter what I fire through it. The cheapest to premium ammo, super and subsonic. I brought mines at 1300 and then from there I got my omega9k around the same time the stamp came back. its been a blast. You can still find it for cheap and not 1800 like I've been seeing other dealers pushing it for. it may way a bit more than the CZ pistol but it built like a champ. The own thing I had to replace on it was the extractor spring on the cam. After that issue was taken care of it runs flawlessly.