Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Default Re: Any H & K lovers?

No doubt it's due to competition with others, mostly Glock, and probably internal competition with the VP9.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    We might never know but some possible/plausible reasons:
    Better compete with other guns that are cheaper, not necessarily better.
    Flush with stock in the warehouses because they thought the election would go differently. AKA people aren't buying enough.
    Moving to a more volume oriented production on products that's been on the market for a while. (12ish years now for the P30 and HK45.)
    Saw that the VP9 was moving more units because of price, and decided to see if the P30 and HK45 sales will improve with an in-line price hair cut.

Regardless, I love it. I hear some people crying that their $1000 P30's are now worth less than half that (HK's retain their value, annoyingly to those of us who would like a few more cheaply.) I say, you only lose "value" if you sell them... and I ain't ever selling!

I'm looking forward to seeing what the used market does. Barely used P30's for $400 will cause me to injure my cash portfolio greatly.
    Yeah it's weird that people cry about such things. Or maybe it's natural, I don't know. I paid 730 for my full size P30 several years ago and I'm not butthurt about it. I still feel the gun was worth that price and I've certainly have gotten 200 of fun out of it.

You can't stress about this shit. Prices rise fall. Part of life.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    No doubt it's due to competition with others, mostly Glock, and probably internal competition with the VP9.
    The good thing now is if I happen upon one for a good price I may buy one just because, where as before the price drop I wouldn't have had any interest.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    Yeah it's weird that people cry about such things. Or maybe it's natural, I don't know. I paid 730 for my full size P30 several years ago and I'm not butthurt about it. I still feel the gun was worth that price and I've certainly have gotten 200 of fun out of it.

You can't stress about this shit. Prices rise fall. Part of life.
    I bought a factory nickel P7M8 years ago because of the price, it was 1000.00, at the time they were worth about 1500.00. I have no clue what they bring today but the regular ones are up there.

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    I bought a factory nickel P7M8 years ago because of the price, it was 1000.00, at the time they were worth about 1500.00. I have no clue what they bring today but the regular ones are up there.
    Yeah they are. I'd really like one but the price is now beyond what I'm willing to pay.

(Bucks County)

I love my HKs..I have a few pistols.

LEM is my favorite trigger and the guns are more accurate than me.... I do agree they are a bit more involved if doing a detail strip and if you want to swap or upgrade parts. HKPRO is a wealth of information.

I never had an issue with their customer service or speaking with a technician.

I like how the P30 dropped in price considering I bought mine years ago at a higher price... But crap happens and it might temp me to buy another LEM V1..

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    The good thing now is if I happen upon one for a good price I may buy one just because, where as before the price drop I wouldn't have had any interest.
    I'm hoping the used ones drop enough for me to be tempted. I'd like to get one and send in to Lazy Wolf Guns for a trigger jobs. I really just don't like the triggers on the P30 series, but I wasn't going to pay the prices that HK charged and then be hit by the cost of trigger work too...

(York County)

I like 'em.

My first pistol was a USP in stainless I purchased in the late 90's when I knew almost nothing about firearms.

I informed the counter guy to my level knowledge, and that I wanted a full size semi to start out with. His advice was to not be concerned with features, brand, etc, but rather purchase what felt right in my hand. I handled many, but kept going back to the USP. It's still my favorite to shoot, and what little I don't like about it hasn't been an issue.

I carry a cheap SW Shield though...

(Westmoreland County)

Just picked up my P30l v1 9mm a couple min ago.

There are some great prices out there for H&K's currently. I just ordered a HK45CT for $750. I have the HK45 and love it. Good prices on P30's also.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast