Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Constitutional Carry

What are the chances that PA will become a Constitutional Carry state? Just curious what everyones thoughts are on the issue?

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Re: Constitutional Carry

As long as Tom Wolf is governor, zilch.

(Delaware County)

I think there is little chance of Constitutional Carry in PA. We are one of the most nonrestrictive states when it comes carrying firearms. We can open carry anywhere in the state except that in Philly one has to have a LTCF to OC. Obtaining a LTCF is relatively easy. Generall, if you can pass the federal background check to purchase a gun, you can get a LTCF in PA. I think that lessens motivation of legislators to enact Constitutional Carry. I wish they would, but I doubt they will.

(Adams County)

And you can bet that all the left wing representatives from the big cities will try to block it at every turn.

(Mercer County)

IMHO their isn't a chance of that happening as long as we keep electing the political critters that we have in office now
    The oracle is in. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!!

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by allenr View Post
    I think there is little chance of Constitutional Carry in PA. We are one of the most nonrestrictive states when it comes carrying firearms. We can open carry anywhere in the state except that in Philly one has to have a LTCF to OC. Obtaining a LTCF is relatively easy. Generall, if you can pass the federal background check to purchase a gun, you can get a LTCF in PA. I think that lessens motivation of legislators to enact Constitutional Carry. I wish they would, but I doubt they will.
    I'd agree with this. PA ltcf is only $20 with no training requirements. Compare that to other states and we have it pretty good, except for the Constitutional carry ones. I just don't see enough push to get it through.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by allenr View Post
    We have it very good. That's why i have my doubts and i have reservations on reciprocity among the states.
    Sorry for the post drift.

PA has loose enough restrictions that most gun owners aren't feeling desperate for something better. There simply isn't a big enough push for it among those who want it. So if the ones who want it aren't pushing very hard there is no chance.
    Sic semper tyrannis

(Bucks County)

Pushing for any perceived loosening of gun laws is held back by fear....fear that others, poised to advance their anti-gun agendas, will rise up and prevail in an anti-gun court, making matters worse. Or, in the case of elected officials, fear of losing re-election and financial assistance from sources of monies.

Reading the Commonwealth's constitutional provision and comparing that with the situation as it exists, there is but one explanation. Corruption.
    Last edited by Bang; September 19th, 2017 at 12:38 PM.

(Fulton County)

I doubt very much that we'll ever see constitutional carry in PA, unless by some miracle the SCOTUS rules that a license/permit isn't needed to carry firearms, and that it's an infringement on second amendment rights. I doubt the SCOTUS will ever truly get it right on the second amendment though : (

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast