Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Another One Arrested in NJ.....this time from Fla.

Christie taking the position that carrying by permit is a state's rights issue is so fucked up it's incredible.

This ignoring of the 2nd Amendment has gone on too long and too far afield. The concept of pistol permits, licenses to carry a firearm, firearm owner ID card, permissible type of gun, permissible type of ammo, required experience is all unconstitutional.

The unconstitutional behavior by states and communities has gone on for a hundred years or more. The fact it has is evidence of corruption. Corruption in government is prosecutable. Unless all involved are mutually corrupt.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by djpup View Post
    The senate wants to lock up anyone with an "illegal" handgun for 5 years. NO BREAKS FOR ANYONE.(except those who use one during the commission of a crime)
    FIFY

(Chester County)

This is why we need HR38. It makes all states follow the 2nd amendment due to the 14th amendment.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Chester County)

So. A sovereign state has the right to cherry pick what amendments of the Constitution you have and don't have.

I'm sure if the Peoples Republic of New Jersey put conditions on or required a license/permit to exercise the right to vote , there would be a million legal challenges.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Crawford County)

Quote Originally Posted by philadelphia patriot View Post
    This is why we need HR38. It makes all states follow the 2nd amendment due to the 14th amendment.
    HR 38 has one more year to pass, which I doubt will happen. But does anyone think NJ will quit harassing out of staters just because the Feds tell them they have to? I don’t.

About as much chance as California following Federal Immigration and marijuana laws.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

passed a car that SARPD had pulled over with jet black windshield. all sorts of fail with that.

on topic though, this is what raskin wanted when debating HR38. seeing a id card or a firearm is reason to detain and search, in reference to the bill, to detain until id can be verified.
    welcome to commijersey, you are a criminal, we're just not certain of what yet.
    i keep my ltcf with my drivers license, last time i went through NJ i forgot all my magazines were in my bookbag which i brought with...

at least when hr38 passes, there will be some sure footing for major groups to fund challenges to the unlawful arrest of people trying out the new law.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by djpup View Post
    The senate wants to lock up anyone with an "illegal" handgun for 5 years. NO BREAKS FOR ANYONE.
    So what does everyone feel is the over/under on how many years she will spend in jail? Last I heard it was a 3 year MANDATORY term and the new Governor is not going to help this time.

I like to think if you pull some old lady who just crossed a bridge to see your trying to be trendy little shithole town you should just let them go. But she is charged, presumably guilty, and facing a mandatory jail term.

If she robbed a liquor store the firearm charge would be plead out and dropped or served concurrently. But she didn't do any other crimes so she will get full time for the one felony charge. How long we she be in jail?

This will be interesting to watch.
    Last edited by Delkal; December 29th, 2017 at 10:07 PM.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    So what does everyone feel is the over/under on how many years she will spend in jail? Last I heard it was a 3 year MANDATORY term and the new Governor is not going to help this time.

I like to think if you pull some old lady who just crossed a bridge to see your trying to be trendy little shithole town you should just let them go. But she is charged, presumably guilty, and facing a mandatory jail term.

If she robbed a liquor store the firearm charge would be plead out and dropped or served concurrently. But she didn't do any other crimes so she will get full time for the one felony charge. How long we she be in jail?

This will be interesting to watch.
    IMO, she will get admittance to PTI or a plea deal with no time served (assuming she has a clean record). The mandatory jail sentence that you refer to (aka the Graves Act mandatory 42 months) should not apply absent aggravating circumstances.
    Last edited by tl_3237; December 30th, 2017 at 10:53 AM.
    IANAL

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast