Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Another One Arrested in NJ.....this time from Fla.

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    On Bridge street in Frenchtown? Not known as a major drug corridor, less than a half mile from PA too. A wrong turn across the bridge could go south quickly!
    I spend very little time in Jersey so I don't know the towns very well or the known drug routes of choice but I can see where a cop could spot those items on an out of town vehicle and suspect such a thing.
    Last edited by Krichardson; December 29th, 2017 at 11:14 AM.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Article FAIL.
    Only for travelling through NJ. That should have been made clear.

On a side note it never ceases to surprise me how many people think they can carry anywhere because they are licensed in another state. Can't tell you how many people I know (mostly women) that were certain they could carry in NYS.
    To be honest though, it is rather more surprising that an individual non-infringeable or questionable right can be squashed as you travel freely from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.

Now, I don't expect my rights to be observed outside the U.S. and that is a different story (other than basic human rights in general).

But it is definitely not a state's rights issue. It is not a Federal rights issue. It is an individual rights issue and that goes along wherever the individual goes. (At least in theory it is supposed to work that way.)
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

(Chester County)

I hate NJ. If it weren’t for my in laws residing there, I would never go to that state. There are so many shit bag criminals on the streets, it’s fucking bull shit to deny citizens the right to defend themselves.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by TaePo View Post
    To be honest though, it is rather more surprising that an individual non-infringeable or questionable right can be squashed as you travel freely from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.

Now, I don't expect my rights to be observed outside the U.S. and that is a different story (other than basic human rights in general).

But it is definitely not a state's rights issue. It is not a Federal rights issue. It is an individual rights issue and that goes along wherever the individual goes. (At least in theory it is supposed to work that way.)
    We can dream, but in the meantime reality (the courts) have said otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by philadelphia patriot View Post
    I hate NJ. If it weren’t for my in laws residing there, I would never go to that state. There are so many shit bag criminals on the streets, it’s fucking bull shit to deny citizens the right to defend themselves.
    Then what's the issue? Johnny law took another would be criminal and dangerous gun off the streets of NJ.

That's how the cop and most residents view the incident.

They spotted a license to carry and an investigation showed she was carrying. She probably confirmed she was carrying during the interrogation, ah conversation, and doomed herself. All she had to do was cooperate ONLY as much as the law requires and give no further information. Just shut up. A fish is caught only if it opens his mouth. All they had was the esistance of a license to carry. She gave the rest of the needed evidence.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    .....and who stops an out of state registered vehicle for tinted windows when it is legal in that state.....and what was the view obstruction, Rosary Beads.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Cops on fishing expeditions...
    I got pulled over by NJSP less than a 1/4 mi from the bridge to freedom. (two bridges up from Frenchtown)

He gave me a written warning for a windshield obstruction. A 1 1/2"-2 1/2" air freshener hanging from my mirror.

I almost wished that he gave me a ticket. It would have been an interesting court appearance.

A quick cell phone pic from my eye level would clearly show that it was a dashboard obstruction, as it only blocked 3.75 square inches of my view of the dashboard.

As someone who has been inspecting cars for almost 30 years, I know what a windshield obstruction is, and that ain't it.

Fuck that communist shithole!

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    I got pulled over by NJSP less than a 1/4 mi from the bridge to freedom. (two bridges up from Frenchtown)

He gave me a written warning for a windshield obstruction. A 1 1/2"-2 1/2" air freshener hanging from my mirror.

I almost wished that he gave me a ticket. It would have been an interesting court appearance.

A quick cell phone pic from my eye level would clearly show that it was a dashboard obstruction, as it only blocked 3.75 square inches of my view of the dashboard.

As someone who has been inspecting cars for almost 30 years, I know what a windshield obstruction is, and that ain't it.

Fuck that communist shithole!
    LOL....there are more windshield/visual obstructions in a patrol car then Cheech and Chong's van.

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    .....and who stops an out of state registered vehicle for tinted windows when it is legal in that state.....and what was the view obstruction, Rosary Beads.
    You would be surprised how many motor vehicle code violations NJ has that are perfectly legal in other states. I've been pulled over for sidepipes , illegal in NJ unless vehicle came originally equipped with them. And burden of proof is on YOU!

Can't take many of my PA registered and inspected motorcycles there. They LUV writing ticket$ for out of $tate motorcycle$. Helmets need reflective tape and eyewear must be safety certified (ANSI Z87 or better).

Got pulled over for no turn signals , even though my bikes predate federally mandated turn signals (1974).

As for tinted windows , they can only have so much tint. They do use a light meter.

ANY thing hanging from the rear view mirror will get you pulled over. Not too long ago , someone got shot after getting pulled over for a handicap hangtag.

It might be illegal to eat or drink anything while driving in NJ. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...road/88380406/

I guess hands must be on steering wheel at 10 and 2 at all times.
    Last edited by abner13; December 29th, 2017 at 03:06 PM.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

9 and 3 or you'll get broken wrists from the airbag deployment when the cop runs you off the road as he's late for his donuts.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast