Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    (Tioga County)

Default Re: New Ruger PC Carbine

We have a HiPoint 9995TS in the house. May be ugly but runs flawlessly.

I have a JR Carbine in 9mm that looks like every other gun out there. It is going to be traded for the Ruger.
    MikeP

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Don't expect a 10mm version of the PC Carbine anytime soon. Ruger went to the Dark Side with Glock because they knew that they could sell these to folks that don't own a Ruger pistol. Ruger doesn't currently offer a hi-cap semi-auto in 10mm, so unless they decide to make a 1911 compatible version AND chamber it in 10mm, your best bet will be Hi-Point.

Tanner's mentioned on their Facebook page that they will likely sell the PC Carbine for $499 when they get them in stock.

One call to their design dpt or even to Magpul could fix all that.

(Delaware County)

Don't expect a 10mm version of the PC Carbine anytime soon. Ruger went to the Dark Side with Glock because they knew that they could sell these to folks that don't own a Ruger pistol. Ruger doesn't currently offer a hi-cap semi-auto in 10mm, so unless they decide to make a 1911 compatible version AND chamber it in 10mm, your best bet will be Hi-Point.

Tanner's mentioned on their Facebook page that they will likely sell the PC Carbine for $499 when they get them in stock.
    I know the 10mm would be a bit of a dream but I would buy one over a 9mm if it were to be reality. I thought I saw $489, which would be the difference for one more box of fun. LOL.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by priell3 View Post
    We have a HiPoint 9995TS in the house. May be ugly but runs flawlessly.

I have a JR Carbine in 9mm that looks like every other gun out there. It is going to be traded for the Ruger.
    I remember you posting about the JR Carbine. I was interested in them but it was a bit too expensive for not being exactly what I was looking for. The Ruger comes very close. I checked out the HI-Points and I have no problem with the ugly, I just don't like the feel of it in my hands.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

The thing about Hipoint carbines they never have to be cleaned,keep on running like the energizer bunny !

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    $520 is too much?
    I paid more than $520 for my 9mm AR15 and it doesn't have any fancy accessories.
    Maybe you can find a 9mm AR for less, but the price isn't way out of sight for this Ruger carbine.
    The OLD PC9 carbines sell for $600 because the market supports that price. They were no longer in production, so people paid it.

Clearly a person is only willing to pay what they are willing to pay and everyone has their own idea of what is "fair", but if you are someone who likes this carbine for what it IS, you probably won't be put off by the price.
    If you're someone who sees this as not what you would have made if you were designing it, then it's unlikely you'll pay that price.

I'd buy one right now if I had the money.

I love my 9mm AR15 carbine, and I love my Marlin Camp 9 carbine, and neither one is what the other one is.
    As much as I like the AR15, there's a lot that I like about a "simple" carbine with nice, smooth lines, that is more "compact" and less prone to getting snagged on things, and just more "handy" overall. (like the 357 mag lever gun)

H&K clone? Yes - do it!

By AR, I meant a .223/5.56 , as opposed to a sub-caliber AR.

Yes, I'm certain that the price is based as much upon what the market will bear as it is production/r&d cost. I love a true bargain ( value for money, not just cheap crap), and the Ruger carbine doesn't strike me as such.

The R&D on this carbine was done thirty-or-so years ago, with the new magazine well being a nice add-on. The materials are cheaper to manufacture. I have no doubt that the carbine will be well-built, but will it cost more to produce this gun than one of the fairly good Ruger American bolt rifles, currently availablle around the $300 range from the semi-wholesalers ?

The .357 mag round pushed through a carbine-length barrel offers a fairly impressive increase in ballistics. I don't know that the same is true for the 9mm. The increased sight radius seems to be the main advantage. A 9mm PDW, even adapted to civilian standards, would seem handier than a full-sized, underpowered carbine.

Buy the ticket and you take the ride ... and on this one, we just seem to disagree.

Has anyone gotten their hands on the new Ruger Carbine ?

Ruger went to the Dark Side with Glock because they knew that they could sell these to folks that don't own a Ruger pistol.
    Let's not for get what PC stands for...Police Carbine.
    They went Glock because that's what most departments and prisons run now days.
    Smart move by Ruger.

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    Has anyone gotten their hands on the new Ruger Carbine ?
    I would imagine they will start to ship by mid January right before Shot Show which starts the 23rd.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    The thing about Hipoint carbines they never have to be cleaned,keep on running like the energizer bunny !

Seriously.. this is true. I have an older model that I got 2nd hand so I didn't even buy it new.. and it runs flawlessly.. looks goofy as **** but it works..
    I'll pass on the ruger because of this.

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast