Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: New Ruger PC Carbine

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    The level of ugly in this is all the way up at the "What were they thinking?" point.
    True that.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

Being able to use 10/22 trigger pack will be nice since I have a KIDD trigger pack.

I'd buy one if they offer a 10mm Charger variant as that would appeal to my needs/wants.

(Delaware County)

I like Ruger - the guns that they produce are rarely pretty, but usually over-engineered and (in the past) good value for money.

I like pistol-caliber carbines - I own a lever-action .357 that I think is just fantastic. I have entertained the idea of a H&K clone for 9mm.

All if this having been said - why would I consider buying a butt-ugly pistol caliber carbine for more than the cost of a decent entry-level AR ? Or said AR with a few simple accessories ?

I wouldn't mind owning one - but not at that price.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lagco View Post
    I like Ruger - the guns that they produce are rarely pretty, but usually over-engineered and (in the past) good value for money.

I like pistol-caliber carbines - I own a lever-action .357 that I think is just fantastic. I have entertained the idea of a H&K clone for 9mm.

All if this having been said - why would I consider buying a butt-ugly pistol caliber carbine for more than the cost of a decent entry-level AR ? Or said AR with a few simple accessories ?

I wouldn't mind owning one - but not at that price.
    $520 is too much?
    I paid more than $520 for my 9mm AR15 and it doesn't have any fancy accessories.
    Maybe you can find a 9mm AR for less, but the price isn't way out of sight for this Ruger carbine.
    The OLD PC9 carbines sell for $600 because the market supports that price. They were no longer in production, so people paid it.

Clearly a person is only willing to pay what they are willing to pay and everyone has their own idea of what is "fair", but if you are someone who likes this carbine for what it IS, you probably won't be put off by the price.
    If you're someone who sees this as not what you would have made if you were designing it, then it's unlikely you'll pay that price.

I'd buy one right now if I had the money.

I love my 9mm AR15 carbine, and I love my Marlin Camp 9 carbine, and neither one is what the other one is.
    As much as I like the AR15, there's a lot that I like about a "simple" carbine with nice, smooth lines, that is more "compact" and less prone to getting snagged on things, and just more "handy" overall. (like the 357 mag lever gun)

H&K clone? Yes - do it!
    Last edited by Emptymag; December 31st, 2017 at 08:30 PM. Reason: typos

(Allegheny County)

Emptymag You NEED to buy one!!

..............and let us shoot it at the group shoots!!

(Bucks County)

I just got done building an ar in 9mm. So I'm not too interested in this, but had this been available 2 months ago, I may have held off on my build to buy one of these. Maybe, maybe not. I do forsee a PC9MSR model coming to fruition in a few months, with different calibers available.

(Delaware County)

I have some gun money budgeted for this year. This jumped to the top of my list. I had a short list of mostly rifles with one handgun. I may be able to squeeze out a second from the budget but if this is a solid gun it will be the one i buy first.

I like some of the ideas already mentioned. I would possibly get into 10mm if a 10mm model comes out before I buy the 9mm.

I think Glock mags was a great marketing choice. Lots of them out there and factory mags are reliable and affordable. I would not mind seeing other options as well.

I don't mind the looks. I have a p-89 and it won't win any beauty contests but I like it's lines. I also think this new carbine is not too bad at all.

I have wanted a camp9 or pc9 for many years but the prices were too high. I lived in Philly untill my mid thirties and not too far out of Philly since. That means guns were more expensive than in other areas of the state. I expect Tanners to get some in for a good price in the not to distant future.

I am a Ruger fan so I may be a bit biased. Tough and reasonably priced is usually a must for my firearms purchases.

Now I am off to check out the youtube reviews.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Mercer County)

Wonder if they will come out with a cheaper non-take down version? when they released the Mark IV pistol, they came out with the top of the line hunter and target models first, then later in the year the cheaper ones.

(Tioga County)

Just when I thought I wasn't going to be buying any new guns, along comes this. I had always wanted a PC9 to pair with my P95.

I have an AR style carbine in 9mm that uses Glock mags. I also have a Ruger 9E, so I have options there to use either configuration.
    MikeP

Quote Originally Posted by mpan72 View Post
    I have some gun money budgeted for this year. This jumped to the top of my list. I had a short list of mostly rifles with one handgun. I may be able to squeeze out a second from the budget but if this is a solid gun it will be the one i buy first.

I like some of the ideas already mentioned. I would possibly get into 10mm if a 10mm model comes out before I buy the 9mm.

I think Glock mags was a great marketing choice. Lots of them out there and factory mags are reliable and affordable. I would not mind seeing other options as well.

I don't mind the looks. I have a p-89 and it won't win any beauty contests but I like it's lines. I also think this new carbine is not too bad at all.

I have wanted a camp9 or pc9 for many years but the prices were too high. I lived in Philly untill my mid thirties and not too far out of Philly since. That means guns were more expensive than in other areas of the state. I expect Tanners to get some in for a good price in the not to distant future.

I am a Ruger fan so I may be a bit biased. Tough and reasonably priced is usually a must for my firearms purchases.

Now I am off to check out the youtube reviews.
    Don't expect a 10mm version of the PC Carbine anytime soon. Ruger went to the Dark Side with Glock because they knew that they could sell these to folks that don't own a Ruger pistol. Ruger doesn't currently offer a hi-cap semi-auto in 10mm, so unless they decide to make a 1911 compatible version AND chamber it in 10mm, your best bet will be Hi-Point.

Tanner's mentioned on their Facebook page that they will likely sell the PC Carbine for $499 when they get them in stock.

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast