Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Default Re: New Ruger PC Carbine

Quote Originally Posted by littlefitz View Post
    I don't like how the magazine well looks way bigger than the magazine. Is that to help with the adaptability between Glock or Ruger mags or something?
    Yup. Currently there are magazine adapters for the Ruger SR9/S9, the Ruger American, and one for Glock. The rifle comes with adapters for SR9 and Glock mags, you have to buy the Ruger American mag adapter separately. This also means that down the road Ruger or a third party could offer magazine adapters for other manufacturers' magazines. I don't own an SR9 or a Glock, but I'm buying the PC Carbine. Current street price is less than $550 right now. I'll get one and buy some Glock mags to run in it until someone makes other mag adapters. I may even tinker on my own and see if I can make one that fits my M&P, Sig, and XDm mags.

Hopefully Tony Kidd makes a trigger kit for the PC Carbine. A drop-in trigger pack like he makes for the 10/22 would be sweet as hell.

I'll pass on that price. I can buy a sub2000 genII for less money.

Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    I'll pass on that price. I can buy a sub2000 genII for less money.
    I got my sub2000 gen 2 for $370. I like it but extremely uncomfortable gun to shoot from the shoulder.

(Chester County)

This carbine in .45 acp. would find it's way into my gun safe, and if they release a 10mm model, I'd add that caliber to my collection.

Quote Originally Posted by eatmydust View Post
    This carbine in .45 acp. would find it's way into my gun safe, and if they release a 10mm model, I'd add that caliber to my collection.
    I like the way you think.

PC10

Dear Ruger,
    DO IT!

(Westmoreland County)

Kinda neat form factor but what were they thinking with the forward mounted ghost ring rear? Forward of the receiver is best suited for a conventional notched rear. And with plenty of "real estate" on that receiver mounted rail, the ghost ring would have been more appropriate in the form a BUIS form factor.

Every manufacturer always seems to screw at least one thing up on new designs.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by TonyF View Post
    Kinda neat form factor but what were they thinking with the forward mounted ghost ring rear? Forward of the receiver is best suited for a conventional notched rear. And with plenty of "real estate" on that receiver mounted rail, the ghost ring would have been more appropriate in the form a BUIS form factor.

Every manufacturer always seems to screw at least one thing up on new designs.

I thought the same thing and I'm nowhere near the experienced shooter you are.

Rear sight should have been at the back - and made to be removable if the intention was to mount optics on that rail.

(Armstrong County)

45acp that is a take-down and takes Glock 21 mags would be begging for an integrally suppressed barrel, keeping it a 1 stamp gun.

I tried to snag a Camp 45 for that a few times, but never worth the money being asked to chop it up so much.
    HGW, llc ~ Title 1 & NFA sales/manufacturing ~ Transfers - Title 1 $20 - NFA $50

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nate7667 View Post
    45acp that is a take-down and takes Glock 21 mags would be begging for an integrally suppressed barrel, keeping it a 1 stamp gun.

I tried to snag a Camp 45 for that a few times, but never worth the money being asked to chop it up so much.
    I’d be all over a .45 model that uses G21 mags!

As this rifle is now?
    I’ll buy a Beretta and use the 6 dozen 92 series mags I already have.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast