Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast

Default Re: New Ruger PC Carbine

Quote Originally Posted by JDA58 View Post
    the Classifieds has them for $750 & $625
    I guess they are hoping for a few fools with too much money. Personally all that does is make me never want to buy anything from that seller regardless of price.

Kentucky Gun Co had them today for $509. Shipped. I mined them by only a few minutes. This is their 2nd sell out and they said they will have more in the next few weeks.

Got ours for $ 505 OTD !

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    I guess they are hoping for a few fools with too much money. Personally all that does is make me never want to buy anything from that seller regardless of price.

Kentucky Gun Co had them today for $509. Shipped. I mined them by only a few minutes. This is their 2nd sell out and they said they will have more in the next few weeks.
    Never liked the practice of gougers ! Only make me also to never buy from them !

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    Got ours for $ 505 OTD !
    What shop?

Wallenpaupack Sports ,Hawley,They are all out right now.You can get on a wait list.

(Erie County)

Just wait until the price comes down

(Elk County)

I recently handled one at Grice when I was in Clearfield on business. They were selling for $519, a substantial reduction from stated MSRP.

Impressions:

- The PC is heftier than it looks, even with the weight-saving fluting on the barrel, but it's not excessively heavy. Just "looks are deceiving" heavier, I assume because the similar 10-22 TD is fairly light.

- The PC is fast-handling and has a large ghost ring rear sight in addition to the integral to the receiver cheesgrater for mounting your favorite optic of the month. I prefer the fast target acquisition permitted by that large ghost ring. Speaking of cheesegraters, there is an extra one at 6 o'clock at the front end of the stock for a light or laser or a combo unit.

- The synthetic stock material is non-slip in dry hands, and comfortable.

- The PC's balance point is right at the magazine well, which does not permit comfortable one -handed carry the way a 20" Winchester 94 can be carried by wrapping the fingers around the receiver. However, the PC can be comfortably carried cradled in the crook of an arm, the traditional "hunter's carry" method.

- The PC's takedown system locks up TIGHT, but readily separates the two halves of the carbine by first locking back the bolt with the metal blade-type bolt stop in front of the trigger guard, pressing forward the takedown latch lever found inside a well inside the stock at the underside, and then twisting the front half clockwise about 60 degrees and pulling the halves apart.

- Both the front and rear sights are mounted on the front module, and there's not a speck of misalignment.

- Three spacers are provided to adjust the standout of the rubber buttpad and length of pull; one 1/2" spacer is fitted under the buttpad out of the box, and there are two more 1/2" spacers in the box, enough to go from petite woman to someone with ape arms.

- The cocking handle is generously long for good purchase, appears to be reversible for lefties, and the PC's recoil spring is not as stiff as that of a Marlin Camp 9 or 45. Few people should have a problem racking the slide even when cocking the hammer.

HTH,

Noah
    Last edited by Noah_Zark; February 4th, 2018 at 08:11 PM.
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Bucks County)

Picked mine up midday at a local range from my FFL, and quickly ran a variety of ammo through it including some home brew. Handles great, ran flawlessly. The stock sights didn't permit any serious accuracy testing.

At home I installed the Glock mag adapter and a red dot. As soon as this northeaster blows through I plan to wring it out.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by frankski View Post
    Picked mine up midday at a local range from my FFL, and quickly ran a variety of ammo through it including some home brew. Handles great, ran flawlessly. The stock sights didn't permit any serious accuracy testing.

At home I installed the Glock mag adapter and a red dot. As soon as this northeaster blows through I plan to wring it out.

I hate you.

Don't forget to shoot it in full-semiauto too!

(Delaware County)

Looks like I will have to scratch that itch later this year or even next year. I spent my gun money on a 22/45 for fun and a .22 rifle for hunting. I guess it is for the better anyway. Should allow any problem that may arise time to be fixed. Same with the Security 9.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast