Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Girlfriend lives in NJ

Quote Originally Posted by 2DogsBarking View Post
    in a few months or years............................................. .
    Having lived in several different townships I’ve never waited more then 3 weeks when applying for more permits. Most towns are 30 days and a few are just complete shit. While the whole process sucks it’s not as nearly impossible as people from outside the state like to think and in this case it’s the best option for the OP along with getting his out of state FID.

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    The thing is.....even if she agrees to move to PA.....if she is from NJ, odds are very good that she has relatives there - and she will want to visit those relatives - and she will expect you to go with her. You're simply not going to be able to escape that NJ connection - EVER.
    To add to the above there is a high likelihood that if the relationship moves forward eventually she will want to move back to NJ to be closer to family. At least a 50% chance. Happens all the time. You get married, a couple kids, and you end up in Joisey for the rest of your life. It's even happened on the forum. Don't think it won't happen to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Having lived in several different townships I’ve never waited more then 3 weeks when applying for more permits. Most towns are 30 days and a few are just complete shit. While the whole process sucks it’s not as nearly impossible as people from outside the state like to think and in this case it’s the best option for the OP along with getting his out of state FID.
    Depends where you live. i would wager the closer to the cities the more likely the wait will be long. Sussex and Warren counties and other rural counties probably aren't that bad.

As opposed to going to my buddy Timmy and saying hey Tim, I like that one and I have cash, give me the paperwork.
    Yea NJ doesnt sound bad at all.
    Go sell crazy some where else, we're all stocked up here.

Political power grows from the muzzle of a gun.

I never said it was convenient, fair or quick, but it's legal in NJ and will keep the OP from serving a minimum of a nickel in the Klink.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    What happens to the woman in this thread explains what happens when people try to exercise a Constitutional right in NJ. http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.ph...hlight=Shaneen

Christie pardoned her after a long, expensive, frustrating process. The new governor will not be doing the same.

I would not risk my 2nd Amendment rights in other states by carrying in NJ. I also avoid NJ as much as I can. On the very rare occasions I go into NJ I do not spend money there. (Means nothing to NJ but makes me feel better giving NJ the finger in a small way)
    Which included 48 days in jail.

(Chester County)

There is a new dictator that will call himself governor in New Jersey. Things will become worse for the citizens there and many will be fleeing the state. Inform your girlfriend that it would be to her benefit to move to PA because you are there and so is freedom. Get out of there while she still can. I can see a time in the future of New Jersey that they will prevent the people footing the bills from leaving New Jersey.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Bucks County)

Unless she doesn't have a gag reflex, move on. The trailer is always better then the movie anyway.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

I never said it was convenient, fair or quick, but it's legal in NJ and will keep the OP from serving a minimum of a nickel in the Klink.
    Wasn't picking nits with you, just reinforcing the differences between a relatively free state and a communist one.
    In all fairness, to you,you did say it sucks.
    Go sell crazy some where else, we're all stocked up here.

Political power grows from the muzzle of a gun.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by buxbandit View Post
    The trailer is always better then the movie anyway.
    Certainly the case with The Last Jedi.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast