Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Girlfriend lives in NJ

You cannot bring a gun into NJ. If you have been doing that stop. Numerous people have gotten lengthy jail sentences for doing just that. Your GF can buy her own gun and for the most part it can never leave the house. The process is lengthy, so it isn't going to happen in less than a few months.

DO NOT get sucked into living in NJ. Pussy ain't with that.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    DO NOT get sucked into living in NJ.
    I have to agree on this. I DID get sucked into living in Pittsburgh - but that's as far as I was willing to go in terms of living in a complete shit hole to make my other half happy. You have to draw the line somewhere. If she had insisted on living in NJ, NY, MA, MD, CA, etc., I'd have said "I'll miss you very much" and stayed in paradise.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    You cannot bring a gun into NJ. If you have been doing that stop. Numerous people have gotten lengthy jail sentences for doing just that. Your GF can buy her own gun and for the most part it can never leave the house. The process is lengthy, so it isn't going to happen in less than a few months.

DO NOT get sucked into living in NJ. Pussy ain't with that.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Carbon County)

Im originally from NJ. moved out because of real estate prices in 1986

my oldest son lives and has a business in NJ .

during the summer I go there every week

I would never consider taking my firearm there.

I feel bad for my son because the nature of his job he carries a lot of cash
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

(Bucks County)

People from NJ aren't worth the effort. Find a worthy sammich maker over here in PA.

(Union County)

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    This, why pass up who could be the one? You can figure out the rest later if it works out.
    This. Mostly.

You know exactly how you can figure out she's the one? Go ahead and carry a pistol, make it a full size with a 17 round mag. Load the magazine with hollow points. You are going to do somewhere in the neighborhood of 10 to 15 years if caught with all that. If she sticks by you to your parole date 7 to 10 years in, she's the one.

It's time to have a nice sit-down with your girlfriend, explain your personal values, and your preferences. It's time to discuss her coming to PA more, or if you're serious, her moving to PA. No New Jersey. No. Do we need to hit you on the end of the nose with a rolled-up newspaper for you to understand what no means? No. F*** no.
    Something clever belongs here. Same screen name at ARFCOM.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by jake8912 View Post
    I currently reside in PA however my girlfriend lives in/resident of NJ. Over the past several months, I've been spending 4-6 days a week at her house. At my home in PA, I have a collection handguns & long guns. I was wondering what the laws are & if it would be legal for me to bring an firearm/ammo to her house when I stay over for home defense? I would transport the firearm unloaded, locked in a GunVault safe in my trunk.

If this is illegal, would I be able to transfer a firearm to her or have her purchase one in NJ and keep it inside of her home
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Montgomery County)

Besides her moving to PA...

-theres nothing you can do about a handgun. Period. You will not meet a transportation legal exception when going to her house. She can apply for the permits and buy herself a handgun is all.

-you apply for the FOID purchase card. I believe there is a mechanism for an out of stater to do this with state police (maybe only certain barracks?). This card now gives you a transportation exception for long guns (NJ legal.. think pump shotgun or factory NJ legal AR w reduced mag). No hollowpoints for transportation.

(Allegheny County)

The thing is.....even if she agrees to move to PA.....if she is from NJ, odds are very good that she has relatives there - and she will want to visit those relatives - and she will expect you to go with her. You're simply not going to be able to escape that NJ connection - EVER.

What happens to the woman in this thread explains what happens when people try to exercise a Constitutional right in NJ. http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.ph...hlight=Shaneen

Christie pardoned her after a long, expensive, frustrating process. The new governor will not be doing the same.

I would not risk my 2nd Amendment rights in other states by carrying in NJ. I also avoid NJ as much as I can. On the very rare occasions I go into NJ I do not spend money there. (Means nothing to NJ but makes me feel better giving NJ the finger in a small way)

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast