Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Canik TP9SFX.....anyone have any insight?

I got both locally at wallenpaupack sports shop. Went in one day and they had the elite and I handled it and liked it so I bought it. Then the next time they had the sfx.

My LGS didn't have one a couple weeks ago so I ordered it only to find out it's on backorder.
    If it doesn't show up by mid-January I may cancel and move on to something else.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    IMO Century screwed this pistol up by attaching the rear sights to the removable plate where your red dot goes. An updated option with the ability to co-witness would make this pistol pretty much perfect, that and someone else doing any warranty repair other then Century.
    Of some of the problems people have reported, they contacted Century and it was remedied in a timely fashion.

As for the co-witnessing, it would be a nice option, but this was built for competition where you are typically shooting iron sights in a division or an optic in a division, not both at the same time.
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawgbeav View Post
    Of some of the problems people have reported, they contacted Century and it was remedied in a timely fashion.

As for the co-witnessing, it would be a nice option, but this was built for competition where you are typically shooting iron sights in a division or an optic in a division, not both at the same time.
    There are more nightmares then positives stories out there when it comes to Century. Their original remedy for the Elite fix’s was to tell customers and FFL’s to use NATO spec ammo only. That didn’t fly too well with anyone.

I’m sure they get something right sometimes but I don’t get that warm and fuzzy feeling from them as I would if I were dealing with CZ or S&W.

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    I got both locally at wallenpaupack sports shop. Went in one day and they had the elite and I handled it and liked it so I bought it. Then the next time they had the sfx.
    Thanks their shop is about an hour and 20 minutes from me so I might give a call and see what’s in stock.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    There are more nightmares then positives stories out there when it comes to Century. Their original remedy for the Elite fix’s was to tell customers and FFL’s to use NATO spec ammo only. That didn’t fly too well with anyone.

I’m sure they get something right sometimes but I don’t get that warm and fuzzy feeling from them as I would if I were dealing with CZ or S&W.
    Oh i get it... I know that most of the folks that got this particular model were complaining of stovepipes. Century sent new recoil springs. Other folks have had some nasty looking feed ramps, Century sent new barrels.

Maybe they are improving...
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(Cumberland County)

I'm going to grab a TP-9SA soon in Desert Tan. I have heard a lot of good reviews, my gunshop is positive on them. I like the top mounted de-cocker and the look of the pistol.
    $349 out the door can't be beat imo.

"Tastefully Pimptastic"

For those of you that have the SFX what brand RMR are you running, and how do you like it?

(Lackawanna County)

I’ve got a vortex venom on mine. Big window. Fairly easy to find the dot. It works.

The Venom would be at the top of my list as well as the Sig Romeo 1 since I’m on a forever budget.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast