Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Canik TP9SFX.....anyone have any insight?

I’m not necessarily in the market for any new pistols but, like most here, whenever I’m in the shop I browse. This model caught my eye and I’m wondering if anyone here has any insight into the brand or this particular model. I don’t remember the exact price but I think it was sub 500.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

(Berks County)

Default Re: Canik TP9SFX.....anyone have any insight?

Caniks are inexpensive but well built. The compacts has problems I think got fixed. Mine is the one with the decocker ontop of the slide used only for disassembly. It's single action striker so you have to rack it after pushing that button. O.K. That is dumb but other models are different. So basically it's Hi-Point money for M&P 9 quality. Trigger is good for stikers, not S&W 19 or Colt 1911 good but sure beats stock Glock. Police trade Glocks and the availability of parts and gear would make that choice more difficult. Used police S&W M&P40 can be had cheap too. Used guns should get new springs, in the mags also with new followers.

That all the best advise I have surrounding the caniks and it's contemporaries.

(Lackawanna County)

I’ve got one and the sf elite as well. It’s a really good pistol not factoring in price point. Warren sights, a good striker fired trigger and a match grade barrel all make it worthwhile. I got mine because I wanted to try a pistol with a red dot. It was worth every penny. Not to mention the 20 round mags were definitely worthwhile.

I’ve shot every new striker gun and I rate it as on par or if not better than all of them.

We picked up a TP9SFX up a few weeks ago. Same thing, caught Mr TM's eye. Purchased online for $449 out the door (no cc fee, free shipping) not including the transfer fee at my FFL. Had it to the range twice, and ran about 100-150 rounds through it each time. Had one FTE on the first outing, and that's it. He's having a ton of fun with it. It is accurate enough to enjoy, cheap enough to dump rounds through, field strips in probably 30 seconds without any tools, and isn't showing any crazy wear so far. Good build for the money.
    Last edited by TotinMama; December 27th, 2017 at 09:36 AM.

(Bucks County)

I will not bore everyone with a long post, but I just picked up a TP9SFx used. Well, actually, I just bought it, waiting for it to be delivered. But I have had my eye on this for some time. This is a great gun at a great price point. There is limited aftermarket support, but with the popularity growing, so are the available parts. I would recommend checking out http://canikdiscussions.com/ Lots of great people and help over there is you are in the market for a Canik.

For an out of the box competition model, it's a great little gun with nice options. I'm getting mine for Steel Challenge competition as it can fit into several different divisions with just a change of the sights. With a red dot it can be in Carry Optics or Open. With the Iron sights it fits into Limited, Limited-10 and Production (with the 18-round mag). Since Steel Challenge is all minor power factor the Canik fits the bill. 1 gun, 5 different divisions. That is a bargain!
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(Blair County)

(Indiana County)

The only drawback I see with them is the magazine supply.

While I’ve seen some out there, they originate from Century and supply has been spotty in the past.

But I’m a magazine hoarder, every pistol I own I have multiple mags for, typically a dozen per pistol.
    The gun is great though, excellent trigger.

(Lackawanna County)

That’s a good and fair point. I bought mine from preppergunshop. I think I have five or six for mine In the 20 round variety. The standard 18 rounders fit too.

IMO Century screwed this pistol up by attaching the rear sights to the removable plate where your red dot goes. An updated option with the ability to co-witness would make this pistol pretty much perfect, that and someone else doing any warranty repair other then Century.

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    I’ve got one and the sf elite as well. It’s a really good pistol not factoring in price point. Warren sights, a good striker fired trigger and a match grade barrel all make it worthwhile. I got mine because I wanted to try a pistol with a red dot. It was worth every penny. Not to mention the 20 round mags were definitely worthwhile.

I’ve shot every new striker gun and I rate it as on par or if not better than all of them.
    Did you get it locally or order online?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast