Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Fayette County)

Post PA AG Josh Shapiro's Comments in the Wake of Las Vegas

https://www.facebook.com/notes/josh-...8492115254141/
    In the wake of Las Vegas...
    JOSH SHAPIRO·TUESDAY, OCTOBER 3, 2017

I just left Philadelphia where hundreds gathered to mourn and demand action in the wake of the Las Vegas massacre and I want to share my thoughts with you.

I sincerely thank our first responders and law enforcement for the heroism and humanity they show each and every day and especially their bravery in the face of terror in Las Vegas. I see their bravery first hand each and every day and I could not be more proud as your Attorney General.

My heart breaks for the victims, their families, our country. We mourn the loss of 59 of our brothers and sisters.

We have to know that even in a time of mourning, we can’t ignore the root causes of the violence that inflicts our nation—we can’t be willfully blind to the plain truth.

We can’t see storm after storm, flooding, fires and broken glaciers and ignore the human factors changing our climate.

Similarly, we can’t witness the kind of carnage in Sandy Hook and Las Vegas and fail to act to stop the violence, appreciate the underlying factors that lead to violence and responsibly limit the weapons used to perpetrate it.

Our communal assessment must take into consideration the very real trauma that so many in our city, so many in our Commonwealth experience daily.

Too many Pennsylvanians don’t have access to a quality education and economic opportunity. We need to have an honest, open discussion about mental health care. Poverty, hunger and homelessness should not define a generation of young people.

When I visited Jay Cook Elementary School in North Philly recently and talked with elementary school students about violence each raised their hand when asked if they knew someone who’d been shot—that’s simply unacceptable.

We need common sense brought to the table of discussion. Military grade weapons have no reasonable place on our city streets.

We can no longer allow those oblivious to the truth to have the power.

We are losing too many people to senseless acts of violence and now is the time for action.

So let us not only mourn but lets also find sensible solutions.

We must collectively lend our voice and our action to find answers. Now is the time for us to stand together, to rise up, to do our part.

The greatest expression of hope is our belief that things don’t have to be this way in America. This is a choice.

There are political hurdles to progress to be sure. But our greatest enemy is when good people say “nothing will change”.

Scripture teaches us that no one is required to complete the task but neither is anyone free to refrain from it. Each of us has a responsibility to make change and the time us now. Only then will we limit the violence and create opportunity.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: PA AG Josh Shapiro's Comments in the Wake of Las Vegas

Pretty confusing. He speaks of Jay Cook elementary. I went to Jay Cooke Junior High. Looking both up, it's listed both ways....Jay Cook K-8 13th and Louden, and Jay Cooke Middle School, 13th and Louden.

As Jay Cooke Junior High in the late 1940s, it was known to have the lowest rep in the city, called "The melting pot". It has become worse. Shapiro cherry-picked the group he wanted to question and got the answers he wanted.

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Pretty confusing. He speaks of Jay Cook elementary. I went to Jay Cooke Junior High. Looking both up, it's listed both ways....Jay Cook K-8 13th and Louden, and Jay Cooke Middle School, 13th and Louden.

As Jay Cooke Junior High in the late 1940s, it was known to have the lowest rep in the city, called "The melting pot". It has become worse. Shapiro cherry-picked the group he wanted to question and got the answers he wanted.
    It figures. Shapiro's statement is disturbing on many counts. It demonstrates that PA elected yet another dangerous ideologue to the office of AG. One would think that PA had learned its lesson with his disgraced predecessor, Kathleen G. Kane. Evidently, the lesson did not take.

In my view, the most chilling part of Shapiro's statement is the following:

We can no longer allow those oblivious to the truth to have the power.

To which I respond: History is littered with despots and tyrants who believed they alone possessed the truth.

(Berks County)

Josh will get caught up in #metoo soon enough. It's the elitest M.O.

The Framers understood that tyrants will always be able to articulate reasons to suppress speech, suppress religion, disarm the rabble, jail their enemies without trials, and infringe privacy.

That's why they added the Bill of Rights to the Constitution, to make clear that no "reasonable restrictions" are allowed when it comes to fundamental liberties.

The elementary school that I attended existed under the same rights and the same access to firearms as the cess-school that he went to. There were no shootings at my school, nobody knew anyone who had been shot, or anybody who shot someone.

It's not the guns, stupid. It's the people. When you raise lawless, feral kids without fathers or lessons in economics and virtue, you get crime, and your failure to educate or raise those kids properly doesn't empower you to disarm middle-aged white guys in the rest of the state. Little monsters without guns are still monsters.

Prisons have the perfect nanny state, where nobody has access to weapons, there's surveillance 24/7, they have "zero tolerance" policies about many things, and nobody has a right to privacy that interferes with investigations. Are prisons safer than the suburbs, where anybody can buy an AR-15? Nope.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Beaver County)

I wasn't paying attention, did Shapiro say guns caused global warming ?

Yep, use elementary school kids as political props.

(Chester County)

Gun lawyer. Hope you don't mind. I copied what you wrote, I did not mention your name, and pasted it on his facebook.

Mr Shapiro. Would it be reasonable the term 'law-abiding citizen are those who obey the law? Then any law you make will fall ONLY on the law-abiding citizen. But nothing will change with criminals, future terrorist or future mass shooters. The Framers understood that tyrants will always be able to articulate reasons to suppress speech, suppress religion, disarm the rabble, jail their enemies without trials, and infringe privacy.

That's why they added the Bill of Rights to the Constitution, to make clear that no "reasonable restrictions" are allowed when it comes to fundamental liberties. You now are picking what Constitutional laws you like and disregard the ones you don't.
    Last edited by ideaman; December 23rd, 2017 at 02:18 PM.

(Bucks County)

Good letter^ Please post his response. Tick Tick Tick Tick........

(Fayette County)

Lightbulb Re: PA AG Josh Shapiro's Comments in the Wake of Las Vegas

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    The Framers understood that tyrants will always be able to articulate reasons to suppress speech, suppress religion, disarm the rabble, jail their enemies without trials, and infringe privacy.

That's why they added the Bill of Rights to the Constitution, to make clear that no "reasonable restrictions" are allowed when it comes to fundamental liberties.

The elementary school that I attended existed under the same rights and the same access to firearms as the cess-school that he went to. There were no shootings at my school, nobody knew anyone who had been shot, or anybody who shot someone.

It's not the guns, stupid. It's the people. When you raise lawless, feral kids without fathers or lessons in economics and virtue, you get crime, and your failure to educate or raise those kids properly doesn't empower you to disarm middle-aged white guys in the rest of the state. Little monsters without guns are still monsters.

Prisons have the perfect nanny state, where nobody has access to weapons, there's surveillance 24/7, they have "zero tolerance" policies about many things, and nobody has a right to privacy that interferes with investigations. Are prisons safer than the suburbs, where anybody can buy an AR-15? Nope.
    This is an excellent analysis!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast