Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Trying to renew CC Permit in Levittown for 3 days ..........

"Bang" -- LOL, You are correct. My fault, I started it!

(Bucks County)

I stopped at the Levittown office again this morning since I was driving right by it on the way to work. They still have the sign up in the entrance stating no gun permits being issued today.

(Bucks County)

Thanks for posting this. I need to renew and my wife needs to apply. Would've been a wasted trip

(Bucks County)

The Levittown office is up and running BUT things will be different starting next week. Evidently they got everything working there on Monday around noon or so. I went up to Doylestown today to get my permit renewed and spoke with the gentleman in charge of the gun permits. Currently there are no Sheriff's Dept. employees at the Levittown office. They hired a sub-contractor to handle things there, that is why you had to wait a couple of weeks to get your actual permit if you went there. ---- Starting next week, there will be a Seriff's Dept. employee there on Tuesdays only and that will be the only day they will accept gun permit applications. They are hiring more people and will add additional days as they hire more. Once they have that office fully staffed with Sheriff's Dept. people, they will have everything there eventually so you will walk in and get your permit before you leave. ----- Seems they are aware of the shortcomings at this location and are actively changing things there for the better!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by tneynop View Post
    The Levittown office is up and running BUT things will be different starting next week. Evidently they got everything working there on Monday around noon or so. I went up to Doylestown today to get my permit renewed and spoke with the gentleman in charge of the gun permits. Currently there are no Sheriff's Dept. employees at the Levittown office. They hired a sub-contractor to handle things there, that is why you had to wait a couple of weeks to get your actual permit if you went there. ---- Starting next week, there will be a Seriff's Dept. employee there on Tuesdays only and that will be the only day they will accept gun permit applications. They are hiring more people and will add additional days as they hire more. Once they have that office fully staffed with Sheriff's Dept. people, they will have everything there eventually so you will walk in and get your permit before you leave. ----- Seems they are aware of the shortcomings at this location and are actively changing things there for the better!
    I was just going to say that, on the PA.gov website it says L-town will only do permits on Tuesdays and Q-town on Wednesdays, I work right by the L-town office and really wish they would get there collective s**t together, when I did mine there five years ago I was so pissed off at the whole process, my picture looks like I am eating nails!! Everytime I look at the pic it makes me never want to go back there. I really hope they straighten it out.

Here is the link. http://www.buckscounty.org/governmen.../WeaponsPermit

(Bucks County)

Hello all, Sheriff Warrell here
    So I clearly have first hand knowledge of this process and what we are doing so feel free to ask anything you would like.
    So when I took over I found we have many many problems and issues with the process of issuing CC permits. My staff and I are actively working to change that and make it easier more efficient and smoother for everyone. When I took over on 1/2/2018 the staff at the sat offices were not my direct employees. We made the change ASAP to our people but staff is limited which is why Levittown is only one day a week for now. That will change as soon as we’re able and we will increase service and production at Levittown. I welcome any input or qestions and yes I am a 2A guy!
    -Sheriff Warrell

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sheriffwarrell View Post
    Hello all, Sheriff Warrell here
    So I clearly have first hand knowledge of this process and what we are doing so feel free to ask anything you would like.
    So when I took over I found we have many many problems and issues with the process of issuing CC permits. My staff and I are actively working to change that and make it easier more efficient and smoother for everyone. When I took over on 1/2/2018 the staff at the sat offices were not my direct employees. We made the change ASAP to our people but staff is limited which is why Levittown is only one day a week for now. That will change as soon as we’re able and we will increase service and production at Levittown. I welcome any input or qestions and yes I am a 2A guy!
    -Sheriff Warrell
    Hey, that is great news Sheriff, what do you think the chances are of being able to do same day permitting in the Sat offices? Any chance? or will the be Doylestown only. Great to see you posting here and glad you are open to some changes! The old process at the Sat offices was really bizarre and frustrating.
    Last edited by Riperoo; January 19th, 2018 at 07:45 AM.

(Bucks County)

Hello and thanks for the question. So I’m past we could not do same day at sat offices because the staffers were it our people and therefore did not have back ground check access for applicants. I’m the future once we get the kinks worked out and increase our staff the plan is to do same day issue at the sat offices. The delay in the current process is when you apply your docs have to be physically brought to Doylestown and processed for background checks, you of course can understand the logistics in that. The goal is to streamline this
    -Sheriff Warrell

(Bucks County)

Thumbs up Re: Trying to renew CC Permit in Levittown for 3 days ..........

Quote Originally Posted by Sheriffwarrell View Post
    Hello and thanks for the question. So I’m past we could not do same day at sat offices because the staffers were it our people and therefore did not have back ground check access for applicants. I’m the future once we get the kinks worked out and increase our staff the plan is to do same day issue at the sat offices. The delay in the current process is when you apply your docs have to be physically brought to Doylestown and processed for background checks, you of course can understand the logistics in that. The goal is to streamline this
    -Sheriff Warrell
    Thanks for the info Sheriff, and welcome to the forum! It's very good to know that you are a supporter of the 2A.

It would be great to have LTCF's issued on the spot at the satellite offices. I'm glad that you are working toward making that happen.

(Bucks County)

Thank you Sheriff!!
    SGM, USA (Ret.)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast