Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Trying to renew CC Permit in Levittown for 3 days ..........

Welcome Sheriff Warrell,and thank you for your service. And glad to hear you are a 2A guy.

(Bucks County)

Welcome Milt!

--Scott Berstler

(Bucks County)

This is getting old. Will there be an extension on permits because of the extreme delay issues? I work every day (as many do) and as anyone can imagine it's a challenge to make it to Doylestown and back on lunch hour from the lower end. My experiences with Levittown have not gone well. First time was on me I probably should have checked the web site. 2nd time packed, 3rd time I get there at 12:45pm because I see, Weapons permits Tuesdays only 8am - 12pm* and 1:00pm to 3:45pm* (closed during lunch 12-1pm). Stand there for 20 minutes and person behind the counter says "Oh she doesn't get back from lunch til 1:15", 15 minutes is a lot when you only have 60. 5th try and there's a sign that says "We are not accepting concealed carry permit applications at this time" @2:20pm on Tuesday. 30 plus years and have never had issues remotely close to this. If I didn't have a plan in place before I changed a process i would have plenty of free time to renew. I'm apologize if I have a tone but this is VERY frustrating. Sheriff Warrell I appreciate your service and thank you for responding to concerns on this site but this is really placing an unfair burden on many people.
    Last edited by Nitro; February 2nd, 2018 at 07:51 AM.

(Bucks County)

Although time restraints are always a problem, I think you will find things working much better at the Levittown annex soon since you will only have Shefiff's department people to deal with there. They will be adding people and expanding the days they service permits there and eventually they will do the complete process so you walk out with your permit the same day. --- As far as an extension on your existing permit, I don't think that is a big deal. The gentleman that shot the robber in the Levittown pizza shop had a permit that had expired 6 months earlier and that did not pose a problem.

(Delaware County)

Wow. Great Job Sheriff! I wish my sheriff would interact with folks on the board. Kudos to you.

(Bucks County)

So I finally bit the bullet (no pun intended) lost 1/2 day and went to Doylestown. Sorry, the expiration date looming was making me lose sleep. I still don't agree with the BS going on in Levittown but after seeing the process start to finish lets say I have a greater understanding. I also have a lot more sympathy for the Sheriffs Department. If the process were any indication of the rest of their equipment they would be driving Caprice's carrying Colt wheel guns and doing reports on typewriters. This won't be popular but I personally wouldn't mind paying a nominal additional fee for them to have photo equipment similar to the Penn Dot DL photo ID machines or even the REAL ID equipment, maybe we could even get them a terminal to do background checks.
    Last edited by Nitro; February 10th, 2018 at 10:48 AM.

(Bucks County)

All of the sheriffs have the exact same LTCF equipment. It was supplied by the State just a few years ago. Some counties, like Bucks for instance, got enough equipment to supply their main Office as well as the satellite offices.

Even Philadelphia got the same equipment...and yet they still require the applicants to supply the picture. But that's a topic for another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
    This is getting old. Will there be an extension on permits because of the extreme delay issues?
    Seriously?
    What's the issue here other then inconvenience?

The sheriff's office is in Doylestown correct? Any satellite offices are convenient, and nothing more. The fact that other avenues to get a LTCF are available is great, but not a requirement. Suck it up and get your licenses renewed.
    Last edited by God's Country; February 10th, 2018 at 12:43 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234