Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Default Re: Glock 26 or 43 question.

I look at my 43 and 26 to be seasonal weapons. During the colder months where I'm probably going to be wearing bulkier clothing, I carry the 26. However, during the warmer months where I'm not wearing as much clothing, I carry the 43. Seems to work for me. I've never been put in the position of having to pull my weapon, but I have confidence in either firearm. I always carry 1 additional mag in my weak hand front pocket when I'm carrying too.

(Carbon County)

thank you hodge....we were talking carry not sitting at home where yes, the 19 or 17 would be my choice.

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Edg View Post
    If 4 home invaders come in through my garage and into my house while Im on the couch watching TV or what not Id rather have 3 bullets for each of them.....as opposed to 1.5 each....Not to mention the G26 spare mag holds 33.
    we are talking carry not sitting at home, I will also say 1 thing, if I am with 3 people and break into a house and the 1st guy gets shot coming in the door, I'm hauling ass away from that place, I'm not going in the house guns blazing. for all I know the guy has 10 pistols and 4 sawed off shotguns waiting for me. you guys get all wrapped up that some zombie group is coming to your house with 8 guns shooting. like I said, if it did happen, you probably won't make it out alive.

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by kel ruger man View Post
    we are talking carry not sitting at home, I will also say 1 thing, if I am with 3 people and break into a house and the 1st guy gets shot coming in the door, I'm hauling ass away from that place, I'm not going in the house guns blazing. for all I know the guy has 10 pistols and 4 sawed off shotguns waiting for me. you guys get all wrapped up that some zombie group is coming to your house with 8 guns shooting. like I said, if it did happen, you probably won't make it out alive.
    I and I assume many others carry the same gun from wake up to bed, then it goes on the nightstand....All other guns are in the safe at all time. Having kiddos around means no unattended guns. As soon as my pants go on in the morning so does my G26, when they come off at night it goes on the nightstand.....any other time it is in my waistband.

Owned and carried a 26 w nite sites for 20+ years..carried in a Uncle Mike's fanny pak holster w three loaded spare G-17 mags of ammo..I figure if 62 rds of +P+9mmJHP does not allow me to get to my car trunk, I was probably somewhere I didn't belong.

(Philadelphia County)

I've owned 2 g26 and a g43. Traded the first g26 because the deal was too good to turn down and got the g43 a few years later. I ended up picking up another g26 and sold the g43. For whatever reason I just was not accurate with the g43. Not sure if it was the thin grips or just the wrong grip angle or anything else but at 10-15 yds I couldn't seem to hold a tight group and was surprisingly more accurate with a Seecamp 380 which has no sights at all. With the g26 I'm able to hold an under 10" group with 10rds at 25yds so the choice for me was really simple. The fact that I have thousands of rounds through a g17 may be a factor but the g26 really isn't that much bigger and Iwb carry it is basically just as easy for me to conceal so my vote would be the g26.

(Bucks County)

Maybe the real question should be "do I get a SIG Sauer P365 instead of a Glock?" I currently run a G43 but i'm intrigued by the newly announced SIG.

Yes, I'm British... But I have good teeth!

(Bucks County)

Self defense is a personal issue, and I've often repeated what I heard elsewhere, carry what's comforting not what's comfortable.

Being a combat veteran (USMC) I don't believe be that having 7 rounds that you're accurate and comfortable with is in any way a disadvantage. I carry a 43 when my wardrobe doesn't allow me to carry a 19. My own very personal POV is that the 26 is a red headed step child. Not any more concealable or comfortable then a 19 imho.
    The 43 fills a real need. Concealed carry is more about width then length for me.
    Last edited by buxbandit; January 9th, 2018 at 06:20 PM.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456