Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Jefferson County)

Default Re: Glock 26 or 43 question.

Quote Originally Posted by glockmaster View Post
    Sounds kinda desperate doesn't it? I would never own a springfield but thats just me.
    Negative.

Trigger is better(practically single-action). ....less like a sand-filled sponge that a Glock feels like due to having to cock the striker the rest of the way from the partially cocked Glock action.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    At all of the pistol matches I've been to, two types of guns fail the most. First is any kind of 1911. Second is the XD. Also the holster and mag pouches are worth free. I wouldn't pay money to buy them. I got the free gear with my Springfield 1911 that doesn't eject shells all of the time. I also got free shitty mags. I wound up buying all new mags, mag pouch and holster to replace the free gear.
    No issues with my XDs9 with either of the 2 mags that came with it(haven't tried the 4 mags that they shipped later).

Nor issues with my Norinco 1911 that I've had since 1993 that I paid $279 or $289 for.. Maybe 1 or 2 FTF in all these years, using fallen off the back of the mil-surp truck GI 7rd mags and a mess load of McCormick Shooting Star 8rd mags.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    I think there are better options for a single stack 9mm over the 43.

Besides real men carry a G22.
    I thought that the G29 was for "real men"...

Attachment 103789

(Montgomery County)

Little late to this but I have a 43 and a 19 I had long before it. The reason for me that the 43 is a great carry piece is because the width. Something single stack just carries more comfortable. The length of the slide and grip are secondary. I don't regret the 43 at all but wouldn't mind trying out a 26 just to see.

I'm actually carrying my 19 at the moment. 15 rounds + an extra 15 in the spare on the belt really give you more options then a 6+1 with an extra 6. Generally I just carry the 43 to and from work or if im not going anyway special. If I am going out for a longer period of time or heading further away from home then normal, or going to a heavily populated place I'm bringing the 19 and a spare mag on me plus another in the car.
    -=pardon me while I burn and rise above the flames=-

(Carbon County)

to me the 26 was a big waste of money, I had the 19 and got a 26 for carry, its the same as carrying the 19 with half the bullets. I know carry the 43 and I love it. if you want a nice carry gun without changing your pant size, get the 43, you won't regret it. I am also not the type that feels the need to carry 15 rounds and 2 extra magazines, if you think your going to get into a made for tv gun battle where you need 50rds of ammo, your out of your mind. if you can't control the situation with 6 shots, you probably shouldn't be in the situation to begin with. Just my 2 cents

(Bucks County)

My 26 is my most carried pistol, bar none. I’m carrying my 19 more often with the times being what they are. The 43 is an excellent carry gun! It’s very comfortable but not as comforting to me. I’ve owned and foolishly sold or traded a few 26s over the years, I alway came back to it. I carry IWB, and the 43 is most comfy. I want to pick up an ankle holster for it.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by kel ruger man View Post
    if you can't control the situation with 6 shots, you probably shouldn't be in the situation to begin with. Just my 2 cents
    More than likely true, but I've never heard anyone complain they had too much ammo in a gunfight.

My G43 has the Taran Tactical +1 and +2 base pads. +1 for the one that goes in the pistol, +2 for the two reload mags I carry. Gives me 24 rounds on hand, without needing to go double stack.

The pistol has never malfunctioned with the extended mags.

(Lancaster County)

Ended up getting a G26 with night sights.

I noticed the factory sights on the 26 are stamped differently than my 19.

The 19 the rear sights seemed blurry to me, the 26 ones are so crisp and clear. It's weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    OC.......do it for the boobies........

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by bluetrane2028 View Post
    More than likely true, but I've never heard anyone complain they had too much ammo in a gunfight.

My G43 has the Taran Tactical +1 and +2 base pads. +1 for the one that goes in the pistol, +2 for the two reload mags I carry. Gives me 24 rounds on hand, without needing to go double stack.

The pistol has never malfunctioned with the extended mags.
    If 4 home invaders come in through my garage and into my house while Im on the couch watching TV or what not Id rather have 3 bullets for each of them.....as opposed to 1.5 each....Not to mention the G26 spare mag holds 33.

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by kel ruger man View Post
    to me the 26 was a big waste of money, I had the 19 and got a 26 for carry, its the same as carrying the 19 with half the bullets. I know carry the 43 and I love it. if you want a nice carry gun without changing your pant size, get the 43, you won't regret it. I am also not the type that feels the need to carry 15 rounds and 2 extra magazines, if you think your going to get into a made for tv gun battle where you need 50rds of ammo, your out of your mind. if you can't control the situation with 6 shots, you probably shouldn't be in the situation to begin with. Just my 2 cents
    If you look into it most violent crimnals travel in packs. If you look into it not many determined criminals are stopped with a single bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by Edg View Post
    If 4 home invaders come in through my garage and into my house while Im on the couch watching TV or what not Id rather have 3 bullets for each of them.....as opposed to 1.5 each....Not to mention the G26 spare mag holds 33.
    Which is why we have a G17 on every floor in the house and I don't have to depend on using my single stack EDC for home defense.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast