Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Glock 26 or 43 question.

How many of you guys bought a 26 and wished you got a 43?

How many bought a 43 and wished you got a 26?

Hopefully picking one up next month. I was set on getting a 43, but then noticed the difference in size...the 26 is only alittle bit bigger than the 43.

I used to have a 26 and sold it and regretted it

I also have a G19 currently and a shield. I feel like IF I really wanted a single stack, i'd get the new 2.0 shield over the glock because of the price. Even with blue label, I'd pick up a shield over.

I also wouldn't be adding any +1 or +2 to anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    OC.......do it for the boobies........

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Glock 26 or 43 question.

Since 2005, my EDC gun was a Glock 19. Last year, I carried a Walther PPS M2, then in April of this year I switched over to a 43. When I got my 43 I loved carrying it but didn't enjoy my range sessions with it. I decided to get serious and really started working with it - after 8 or so weeks, I got "grooved" in with my 43. A few weeks ago I was thinking of going back to the 19 as my EDC, but decided to stick with the 43 - I love carrying it.

My wife's EDC carry gun for the last 12 years has been a Gen 3 26, she carries daily and has over 15,000 rounds through it. She tried a 43 a year or so ago and didn't like it at all - the grip was too small for her and she said that the 43 really jumped compared to her 26.

I have shot the 26 more than a few times - the 3rd Gen version's grip hump doesn't fit my hand at all. Its a better fit with the 4th Gen (smallest grip option) but still not my favorite.

Good luck with your choice.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

(York County)

I bet you probably deserve both for Xmas!!
    I carry a rotation of a few glocks. Eventually will add a G43 but my G26 had priority. Glock should offer up a gen 5 G43. I would probably hop on it.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Orive 8 View Post
    Since 2005, my EDC gun was a Glock 19. Last year, I carried a Walther PPS M2, then in April of this year I switched over to a 43. When I got my 43 I loved carrying it but didn't enjoy my range sessions with it. I decided to get serious and really started working with it - after 8 or so weeks, I got "grooved" in with my 43. A few weeks ago I was thinking of going back to the 19 as my EDC, but decided to stick with the 43 - I love carrying it.

My wife's EDC carry gun for the last 12 years has been a Gen 3 26, she carries daily and has over 15,000 rounds through it. She tried a 43 a year or so ago and didn't like it at all - the grip was too small for her and she said that the 43 really jumped compared to her 26.

I have shot the 26 more than a few times - the 3rd Gen version's grip hump doesn't fit my hand at all. Its a better fit with the 4th Gen (smallest grip option) but still not my favorite.

Good luck with your choice.
    I don't mind the grip of the 26 too much really. Pink hangs off, but it also hangs off my shield...So I could probably get used to it. They're both nice guns.

Quote Originally Posted by AJRB View Post
    I bet you probably deserve both for Xmas!!
    I carry a rotation of a few glocks. Eventually will add a G43 but my G26 had priority. Glock should offer up a gen 5 G43. I would probably hop on it.
    I do feel like I will end up with the 43 next year, maybe lol or atleast the new shield. Have you shot the 43 and 26? To me the 26 felt slightly easier to shoot. Maybe it was just me. This is a hush hush purchase from the wife lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    OC.......do it for the boobies........

I have a 26 and it's a great gun. I think the small difference in size is not worth losing the round capacity with the 43. Also you can add a +2 grip extension so the grip fits better and gives even more capacity. My other gun is a 17 so all the controls are identical which is a bonus for me.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

I have both and like Orive 8 since becoming proficient with the 43 which doesn't take much the 26 has sat in its box for the last 2 years. While the difference in size appears little it makes a big difference when carrying especially IWB. I use standard 43 mags with magguts springs which gives me 7+1 and after hundreds of rounds without a failure the springs are still running strong and I trust them as much as I do the factory springs.

If your looking to get the most comfort and concealability out of carrying a pistol then it's the way to go,.if your looking to get capacity then stick with the 19 vs the 26 I don't feel much difference other then the grip. Since the rise in single 9mm pistols sub compacts have gone to the back of the line for many.

Late comment:

I also have a Shield and it's excellent the only way the G43 is better is in weight as well as being a tad smaller so it carries a bit nicer. If your an OWB guy then it's a moot point.
    Last edited by Hodgie; December 20th, 2017 at 12:00 PM.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by The Unknown 1087 View Post
    I don't mind the grip of the 26 too much really. Pink hangs off, but it also hangs off my shield...So I could probably get used to it. They're both nice guns.

I do feel like I will end up with the 43 next year, maybe lol or atleast the new shield. Have you shot the 43 and 26? To me the 26 felt slightly easier to shoot. Maybe it was just me. This is a hush hush purchase from the wife lol.
    I haven't shot the 43 yet no. I'm definitely looking forward to trying it out. I have large hands so I'm a little worried the 43 might be too small. I have handled them in shops but no experience with felt recoil.

I think there are better options for a single stack 9mm over the 43.

Besides real men carry a G22.

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    I think there are better options for a single stack 9mm over the 43.

Besides real men carry a G22.

Such as, and why?

Not trying to be a prick just wondering what your opinions are.

I think the Shield is hands down the best in this category in just about every way including handling, recoil and accuracy. I have owned, or shot all the major ones on today's market with the exception of Walthers offerings and the only ones I kept were the Shield and the G43, I do not get unusually attached to modern pistols or the brands attached to them I just think they were the best in this class right now.

My wife liberated my Shield when she obtained her LTCF and my plan was to get another without the safety then a brand new G43 fell into my lap for $350.00 from another reputable member on here and I jumped figuring that if it sucked I will send it on it's way make my money back easily and get another Shield. That was almost two years and a case of 124gr 9mm ago. I will admit that It does not initially feel/look all that impressive in the hand but it shoots and handles well and has scored high in reliability along with a crap ton of after market making it a solid choice.
    Last edited by Hodgie; December 20th, 2017 at 01:03 PM.

(Washington County)

I have a 26 and I would never trade it in for a 43. I have never had any problems carrying it daily in 8+ years. It conceals well under a light t-shirt and it also shoots very well and naturally for me.

The only benefit I can see for the 43, is ankle carry. In waistband, I see no need for a smaller gun than the 26.

Also consider that a 26 can feed from any of the higher capacity double stack 9mm glock mags, while the 43 can not.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast