Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Glock 26 or 43 question.

Also have both, both are fantastic and have their individual roles. Shoot the G43 better than any other guns I own, especially in scenerios inside 15 yds. Faster to action, faster transitions and just plain old easy to hit accuracy
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by marinville View Post
    I have a 26 and I would never trade it in for a 43. I have never had any problems carrying it daily in 8+ years. It conceals well under a light t-shirt and it also shoots very well and naturally for me.

The only benefit I can see for the 43, is ankle carry. In waistband, I see no need for a smaller gun than the 26.

Also consider that a 26 can feed from any of the higher capacity double stack 9mm glock mags, while the 43 can not.

Okay I am here playing devils advocate, and as I stated above I have both the 43 and a 26 they are fine weapons.

The same things you stated about the 26 and why it's better then the 43 is the same thing the greater majority of people have said and still say about the 19 since the 26 was released. That is also why it was and probably still is Glocks weakest selling 9mm pistol. My point is that it has to end somewhere for each individual and there are real differences between the way each of them carry.

Is carrying a 43 and excepting it's limitations over a 26 enough of a difference to to own one? I bought one to find out and I can tell you there is a big difference for IWB and OWB for that matter if you plan to always conceal them. Comfort or lack of it while carrying is typically something that we all learn to deal with or adjust to especially with larger double stack guns, over time we forget how uncomfortable it was in the beginning. Until you actually put a G43 or a Shield into the daily rotation for a few sold months months then go back to a fat old double stack you realize what it was really like and miss that single stack fast. Is that enough to except the 43's or other pistols like it limitations which is really just capacity in this case? Well for me yes, yes it is and that's based off statics and odd's of actually every finding myself in a actual gun fight.
    Last edited by Hodgie; December 20th, 2017 at 01:58 PM.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Okay I am here playing devils advocate, and as I stated above I have both the 43 and a 26 they are fine weapons.

The same things you stated about the 26 and why it's better then the 43 is the same thing the greater majority of people have said and still say about the 19 since the 26 was released. That is also why it was and probably still is Glocks weakest selling 9mm pistol. My point is that it has to end somewhere for each individual and there are real differences between the way each of them carry.

Is carrying a 43 and excepting it's limitations over a 26 enough of a difference to to own one? I bought one to find out and I can tell you there is a big difference for IWB and OWB for that matter if you plan to always conceal them. Comfort or lack of it while carrying is typically something that we all learn to deal with or adjust to especially with larger double stack guns, over time we forget how uncomfortable it was in the beginning. Until you actually put a G43 or a Shield into the daily rotation for a few sold months months then go back to a fat old double stack you realize what it was really like and miss that single stack fast. Is that enough to except the 43's or other pistols like it limitations which is really just capacity in this case? Well for me yes, yes it is and that's based off statics and odd's of actually every finding myself in a actual gun fight.
    Yes. And the G43, like the 26, shoots like a big gun. I have 8 rds on board and the G43 is quick to reload mag 2. Unless war breaks out, not feeling under gunned at all
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Bucks County)

Different strokes for different folks. For IWB carry I prefer the 43 because it's slimmer and fits my frame better.
    Carry what fits you well, because then you'll carry it and not leave it home in the drawer.
    As an admitted glockaholic, I'm just curious why the Shield is even an option.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

(Philadelphia County)

I have a 27 and a 43. Got the 43 because I think 9mm has a greatly improved. I wasn’t crazy about the 6 & 1, but I put a Pearce extension on one mag and can deal with 8 & 1. I carried the 43 in the summer in my shorts pocket, now carrying the 27 under a sweatshirt or jacket.

(Butler County)

I have a 43 and a 19. The 43 is thinner and more comfy to carry. The 19 holds more and fill my hand nicer. If I had to choose just one, I'd pick the 19.

Is the 26 still throwing brass at your head? I tried a rental 26 at a local range and took multiple cases to the forehead. Really hoping they solved it because I’m thinking of getting something for my wife.
    “A Republic, if you can keep it.” - Benjamin Franklin

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by staylo View Post
    Is the 26 still throwing brass at your head? I tried a rental 26 at a local range and took multiple cases to the forehead. Really hoping they solved it because I’m thinking of getting something for my wife.
    Then get her a baseball cap also. Problem solved.

If you already have a shield then I don't really see the need to run out and buy a G43 unless you just want one. The shield covers the thin single stack 9 end pretty well. The G26 is a fatty but holds a good bit more rounds and also will take your G19 mags as well as many of the parts the G19 uses. IMO you would be better off with the G26. I would recommend some GAP mag baseplates on the G26 too.

I have not been hearing a lot about brass to the face lately. Glock has made some changes but I do not know if it has been solved 100% yet. The issues seems to me to be extractor related.

Your issue is most likely rental gun with a worn extractor/ejector.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast