Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Transfer to my 18 yo daughter

No Documentation Required
    The following examples reflect situations where there are no requirements to submit any information regarding firearms:
    • Transfer of handguns between some family members: Husband/wife, parent/ child, and grandparent/grandchild.
    • Transfer of long guns between private individuals who reside in Pennsylvania.
    • Any hand guns or long guns legally owned by individuals moving into Pennsylvania.
    If you go to the Office of PA Rep Fred Keller says you need no documentation.

(Bucks County)

Transfer of long guns between private individuals who reside in Pennsylvania is warped by the left into "gunshow loophole".

PA residents attend gun shows bearing long guns for sale. What would be a good guess as to numbers? Maybe 1 percent? Probably less? The left makes it out to be a major cause of street shootings and gun deaths.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by LTCcarrier View Post
    No Documentation Required
    The following examples reflect situations where there are no requirements to submit any information regarding firearms:
    • Transfer of handguns between some family members: Husband/wife, parent/ child, and grandparent/grandchild.
    • Transfer of long guns between private individuals who reside in Pennsylvania.
    • Any hand guns or long guns legally owned by individuals moving into Pennsylvania.
    If you go to the Office of PA Rep Fred Keller says you need no documentation.
    Transfers of handguns and rifles between deceased's estate and anyone if beneficiary is named in a will.

Transfers of handguns and riffles between deceased's estate and lawful heir of blood or legal relationship.(there is a legal step of succession that must be followed, you aren't an heir if there is a higher person alive)
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by skylark View Post
    Thanks Phil for the reply. It was my assumption (clearly incorrect) that the Pa State Police got the records of sale for their 'not a database' through the PICS system and that moving to NICS would stop that chain. Just for my education how do they get the info for the database? Is it directly from FFL's? Just trying to understand how the data moves along. Thanks for the education!
    Everyone is supposed to know this, anyone that doesn’t is subject to the appropriate comments...

(Indiana County)

While my daughters shoot and like doing so, with the numbers of LEOs out there that don’t understand the law being able to arrest people at will, my daughters won’t be transporting any handguns anywhere or open carrying anywhere until the age of 21.
    Just my opinion, it’s not worth risking opportunities later in life with an arrest record due to an ignorant of the law cop.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234