Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    (Juniata County)

Default Re: Mossberg Shockwave

Quote Originally Posted by 27hand View Post
    I would shoot one first.
    Seriously.

I shot DukeConners. Ha.

They have a 20 gauge now, which I find far more appealing.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    No.

It is a "firearm" under Federal law. And a "firearm" under PA law.

Since PA is what determines what is covered by a LTCF, a LTCF allows you to carry it concealed or in a vehicle.
    . Can you site the source of this ? Then I can provide it to my local FFL. This subject came up again today. Thanky!
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    . Can you site the source of this ? Then I can provide it to my local FFL. This subject came up again today. Thanky!
    The NFA, the GCA'68, and PA's UFA.

It is a "firearm" to the feds, not a "handgun, pistol, or revolver".

It is a "firearm" to PA, not a shotgun, not a rifle. "Firearm" includes handguns, pistols revolvers that have a barrel less than 15", or a rifle with a barrel less than 16", or a shotgun with a barrel less than 18", or ANY* gun with an overall length less than 26". *except "Antique Firearms", but "Antique Firearms" still require a LTCF to carry concealed.

The PSP declared it a "firearm", so the SP4-113 form is required.

The ATF declared it a GCA'68 firearm(not an NFA firearm), so it isn't a "handgun, pistol, or revolver", nor is it a "rifle or shotgun". You still fill out the same 4473 form, the dealer puts down "firearm" or "other firearm". You have to be 21yo to purchase it since it isn't a "rifle" or "shotgun".

What is your FFL doing or not doing correctly?
    Last edited by knight0334; February 16th, 2018 at 02:05 PM.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike545 View Post
    can i do ftf sales or has to be FFL? sorry im new to all the laws on this.
    Since it is a PA defined "firearm", transfers between private individuals need to go through a FFL or sheriff.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    Shouldn’t an FFL know and understand the laws and definitions of his trade or at least know where to find the answers?
    Last edited by Hodgie; February 16th, 2018 at 03:05 PM.

He should, but I'd bet he sees very few "firearm" items pass through versus the other two more common categories.

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    The NFA, the GCA'68, and PA's UFA.

It is a "firearm" to the feds, not a "handgun, pistol, or revolver".

It is a "firearm" to PA, not a shotgun, not a rifle. "Firearm" includes handguns, pistols revolvers that have a barrel less than 15", or a rifle with a barrel less than 16", or a shotgun with a barrel less than 18", or ANY* gun with an overall length less than 26". *except "Antique Firearms", but "Antique Firearms" still require a LTCF to carry concealed.

The PSP declared it a "firearm", so the SP4-113 form is required.

The ATF declared it a GCA'68 firearm(not an NFA firearm), so it isn't a "handgun, pistol, or revolver", nor is it a "rifle or shotgun". You still fill out the same 4473 form, the dealer puts down "firearm" or "other firearm". You have to be 21yo to purchase it since it isn't a "rifle" or "shotgun".

What is your FFL doing or not doing correctly?
    Thanks again for all of that. I asked my FFL and he hasn't sold any since last year. It was sometime in early December. It is a very confusing area. He didn't say if he had anymore in stock. I read him your other reply and sent him this one as well. I put a call in to a PSP Trooper (probably last year) and he still hasn't called me back. IMO he is avoiding me, any other time he calls me right back.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(York County)

I had fun shooting mine. Based on what I had read from others before buying, I expected it to be harder to manage than it ended up being (I've only tried it with 2 3/4s so far, both buck shot and bird shot). Thought about ordering some of the Aguila minis I saw online, but ended up not getting them after the 2 3/4s worked out OK.

Would it be my first choice for home defense? No, but it did put holes where I wanted them at roughly HD distance.

Sure sounds like some folks who've tried it really didn't like it though, so your best bet would be to try before you buy if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    He should, but I'd bet he sees very few "firearm" items pass through versus the other two more common categories.
    There are things that I see daily and things that I see monthly and things that I have seen only once or twice in my 18 year career, regardless of the frequency I still have to know my business.

Just saying....

(Adams County)

Thank you all so much, clears up a lot.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast