Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Default Re: Mossberg Shockwave

Not sure if it's been mentioned here yet that the Shockwave is now also offered in 20ga which should help take some of the snappy recoil. The down side is the higher cost of ammo.

https://www.classicfirearms.com/moss...0ga-pump-50657

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Not sure if it's been mentioned here yet that the Shockwave is now also offered in 20ga which should help take some of the snappy recoil. The down side is the higher cost of ammo.

https://www.classicfirearms.com/moss...0ga-pump-50657
    Also a Mariner version in stainless. Wish I would have waited for that one.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by marinville View Post
    You may be sure, but I remain unconvinced. A shotgun has a stock. It is designed to be fired from the shoulder. Thats pretty much the whole reason the ATF can't ban the shockwave outright.

ETA: I have also heard the argument that since 'shotgun' is not defined in PA law, the shockwave is considered a defacto shotgun in PA. That doesn't hold water, IMO. Since it is undefined in PA law, one must default to the definition given in federal law, by which the shockwave is once again not a shotgun.
    Agreed. Surely they would not be for sale in countless stores around the state if that were the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    I was asked about carrying a shockwave in a car, loaded and didnt know the answer. I only completed the long gun form when I bought mine. Can you cite the source? Then I can pass it on to my friend at my LGS, who asked me. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    But yet a Combination Gun with a smooth and rifled bore gun with barrels between certain lengths, regardless of OAL, is a AOW...

That is the issue.. Given that the legal AOW definitions do not prescribe a max length, and that the ATF's determination isn't based entirely on the law, there is some question as to the long term legality to the firearm(given any future anti-gun folks getting into office). Hopefully they will stick to their guns on the determination, no pun intended, and not pull an "Atkins Accelerator Maneuver" on us.
    Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    That is not the point of my post. I made no claims that it was or was not a shotgun. My point was PSP considers it a firearm as define in 6102 known as the Uniformed Firearms Act, therefore when buying it via FFL holder it needs to be sold like a handgun, meaning a PSP Record of sale needs to be fill out. If it was consider a long gun that would not be necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by marinville View Post
    You may be sure, but I remain unconvinced. A shotgun has a stock. It is designed to be fired from the shoulder. Thats pretty much the whole reason the ATF can't ban the shockwave outright.

ETA: I have also heard the argument that since 'shotgun' is not defined in PA law, the shockwave is considered a defacto shotgun in PA. That doesn't hold water, IMO. Since it is undefined in PA law, one must default to the definition given in federal law, by which the shockwave is once again not a shotgun.

I am certain that I only completed a long gun form during my purchase. I am more confused now than ever before!
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Monroe County)

What are you basing this information on? How do you reconcile the differences between the 4473 and the PSP record of sale form when it comes to classification of the 590 Shockwave? Is this something that you just pulled out of your ass? The state police aren't the ones who write Firearms legislation, they're the people who come to your house when you don't follow it. It's an "other" on the 4473, the state form lists any rifle pistol or shotgun with a barrel under a certain length. Since the 590 Shockwave is not considered a shotgun on the 4473 form, it kind of makes it an oddball.

(Jefferson County)

I am certain that I only completed a long gun form during my purchase. I am more confused now than ever before!
    The Shockwave was out for a while before the PSP ruled it to be a "firearm". After that PSP determination, all Shockwave(and Remington version) transfers will require a SP4-113.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    The Shockwave was out for a while before the PSP ruled it to be a "firearm". After that PSP determination, all Shockwave(and Remington version) transfers will require a SP4-113.
    Daycrawler - SHHHHHHHH!!!! You are the proud legal owner of a <gasp> unregistered firearm! Go take it out of the safe and snuggle with it like this guy:

(Adams County)

so the Shock wave is considered as a pistol?

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike545 View Post
    so the Shock wave is considered as a pistol?
    No.

It is a "firearm" under Federal law. And a "firearm" under PA law.

Since PA is what determines what is covered by a LTCF, a LTCF allows you to carry it concealed or in a vehicle.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Adams County)

can i do ftf sales or has to be FFL? sorry im new to all the laws on this.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast