Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    (Jefferson County)

Default Re: Mossberg Shockwave

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    Just saw this! Interesting for the shockwave and remingtons....

At this point the NFA is just worthless with these products around.
    That was pretty much my thoughts too.

Sure, you can get smaller with AOW or SB tax stamps, but why bother when you can get pretty close without. And with the PSP's blessing it a "firearm" - a LTCF will cover you for concealed and vehicle carry.

The next time I have $ to spare I'm getting the Mossberg.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Can the barrel be cut down?

Cutting the barrel would make the overall length too short and make it a $200 stamp.

Quote Originally Posted by thanker92 View Post
    Cutting the barrel would make the overall length too short and make it a $200 stamp.
    Got it, thanks.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    At this point the NFA is just worthless with these products around.
    FIFY

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Can the barrel be cut down?
    Existing OAL is something like 26.37". It being over 26" is what keeps it from being a AOW.

However, the NFA's AOW definitions doesn't require a firearm to be under 26" - which is curious as to how the ATF came to that conclusion.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Yes. I know of no prohibitions by the minions in Harrisburg that prohibit this weapon. My father owns one and bought one in Pennsylvania. I do not recall if he had to fill out a PSP record of sale form for it. Probably not since it's just 'a firearm'. Also check out the SB Tactical brace coming out for the shockwave. Without it I am not terribly interested in the shockwave or its Remington rival.

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Didnotcomply89 View Post
    Yes. I know of no prohibitions by the minions in Harrisburg that prohibit this weapon. My father owns one and bought one in Pennsylvania. I do not recall if he had to fill out a PSP record of sale form for it. Probably not since it's just 'a firearm'. Also check out the SB Tactical brace coming out for the shockwave. Without it I am not terribly interested in the shockwave or its Remington rival.
    There are two definitions of a firearm in the Crimes code. The first one is in 5515(a)

"Firearm." Any weapon which is designed to or may readily be converted to expel any projectile by the action of an explosive; or the frame or receiver of any such weapon.

The second definition is in 6102

"Firearm." Any pistol or revolver with a barrel length less than 15 inches, any shotgun with a barrel length less than 18 inches or any rifle with a barrel length less than 16 inches, or any pistol, revolver, rifle or shotgun with an overall length of less than 26 inches. The barrel length of a firearm shall be determined by measuring from the muzzle of the barrel to the face of the closed action, bolt or cylinder, whichever is applicable

I am sure the shockwave falls into the second definition which means they had to process the sale like a handgun, thus a State Police record of sale form was required.

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Existing OAL is something like 26.37". It being over 26" is what keeps it from being a AOW.

However, the NFA's AOW definitions doesn't require a firearm to be under 26" - which is curious as to how the ATF came to that conclusion.
    somewhere it talks about conceal-ability and they decided 26"+ ic "non-concealable"

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    Sorry, I just seen Mossberg and thought shit. I thought this was the word association thread in the lounge. I could have also used cheap or junk.
    What’s your beef with Mossberg? Remington, Winchester or Benelli better in your opinion ?

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast