Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Bradford County)

Default Re: Mossberg Shockwave

I have other firearms that fit the role of self defense and home defense as well as enough hunting firearms. This would fill the fun gun good and I think it would pair well with my mares leg 45. Something just to say I have one I guess is the more practical term I guess.

(Bucks County)

I shot one that belongs to a friend of mine. IMNSHO, it's a piece of shit made for the sole purpose of selling.
    I wouldn't buy one with someone else's money.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

(Allegheny County)

Best thing bout the shockwave is trying to talk your buddies into shooting it with 3 inch shells
    It is alot of fun and suprisingly manageable with 2 3/4 shells. I intended to use the aguila mini shells in it but I can't seem to find them anywhere.

This is a helpful thread. I looked at it as a gun I wanted because it looked cool, but not practical or one I would ever use. I have been fighting the urge to get on on impulse. This thread has killed that impulse. Thank you.

I bought one. Sent out my Form 1. Waiting on my stamp for an SBS. It's sitting in the safe until I can put a stock on it.

(Columbia County)

Many years ago, I had a Remington Witness Protection shotgun, basically the same thing with a 12 in barrel and had to be registered as an AOW with $5.00 tax stamp. I glad I sold it before the shockwave and 870 TAC came out. As some prior posts said, they are a range toy and the novelty wears off quick. Without a stock their is not much you can do with it. Use it in a self defense situation and the media/ police will say you used a "sawoff shotgun" the same kind street thugs used in the 70s. My suggestion;don't buy.

I bought one. Sent out my Form 1. Waiting on my stamp for an SBS. It's sitting in the safe until I can put a stock on it.

If you are going to buy, you might consider this option^^
    Last edited by eagleclaw; December 17th, 2017 at 03:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    When they were first released there was serious consideration that they could be Prohibited Offensive Weapons that wouldn't be legal to own.

However, the PSP has pretty much put their blessing on them and determined them to be "firearms", which is classified the same as a handgun. ..requiring a PSP Record of Sale. Which also means your LTCF allows you to carry them concealed or in a vehicle.

Pretty much all of the gun shops around here sell them, or have them listed on their websites, or will order you one if you want it.
    I was asked about carrying a shockwave in a car, loaded and didnt know the answer. I only completed the long gun form when I bought mine. Can you cite the source? Then I can pass it on to my friend at my LGS, who asked me. Thanks!
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Bradford County)

Moses: Is this a $5 tax stamp or a $200 tax stamp? Adding a butt stock does not sound like a bad idea really. Maybe a SBS will fill the void.

Quote Originally Posted by Super38 View Post
    Moses: Is this a $5 tax stamp or a $200 tax stamp? Adding a butt stock does not sound like a bad idea really. Maybe a SBS will fill the void.
    $200 stamp, $5 stamp is only for transfer of an aow

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Super38 View Post
    I believe he’d need the $200 stamp. The Shockwave magically transforms from a firearm to an SBS when a butt stock is attached.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast