Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    (Philadelphia County)
    Age
    38
    Posts
    74
    Rep Power
    379601

    Default Question about LTC application photo in philly

    Hello Everyone,

    I plan to submit an application for an LTC on Erie ave in Philadelphia Monday. I have everything together on the list that is asked for and I have no reason to suspect any problem with the application. This is my first time in PA but I have gone through the process in MA. and they are sticklers on everything. I do have a question and would like to get feedback from any LEO's reading:

    Can the 2"x2" "passport like" photo be taken on an iphone?

    I went to CVS because i thought they did professional photos. Turns out they will print out ID photos from a digital source. I printed out clear pictures of my face and shoulders that were well lit and taken of me directly from the front. I am not wearing and sun glasses, hats, bandanas, etc. The background in both photos is very dark if not black. I also cropped them accordingly.

    I stopped by a passport photo place and the guy charges $35 so i say hell no. I also tried to scan the photo off an existing ID i use from work and it looked terrible. I am trying to save money but I also do not want to waste a trip out to the lovely scenic neighborhood of Erie and Kensington.

    Thanks in Advance!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Upper Darby, Pennsylvania
    (Delaware County)
    Age
    52
    Posts
    3,333
    Rep Power
    21474845

    Default Re: Question about LTC application photo in philly

    Quote Originally Posted by Christen View Post
    Hello Everyone,

    I plan to submit an application for an LTC on Erie ave in Philadelphia Monday. I have everything together on the list that is asked for and I have no reason to suspect any problem with the application. This is my first time in PA but I have gone through the process in MA. and they are sticklers on everything. I do have a question and would like to get feedback from any LEO's reading:

    Can the 2"x2" "passport like" photo be taken on an iphone?

    I went to CVS because i thought they did professional photos. Turns out they will print out ID photos from a digital source. I printed out clear pictures of my face and shoulders that were well lit and taken of me directly from the front. I am not wearing and sun glasses, hats, bandanas, etc. The background in both photos is very dark if not black. I also cropped them accordingly.

    I stopped by a passport photo place and the guy charges $35 so i say hell no. I also tried to scan the photo off an existing ID i use from work and it looked terrible. I am trying to save money but I also do not want to waste a trip out to the lovely scenic neighborhood of Erie and Kensington.

    Thanks in Advance!
    I don't know about Philly, but DelCo takes the photo on the spot and feeds it (and your signature) directly to the printer.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    (Philadelphia County)
    Age
    38
    Posts
    74
    Rep Power
    379601

    Default Re: Question about LTC application photo in philly

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    I don't know about Philly, but DelCo takes the photo on the spot and feeds it (and your signature) directly to the printer.
    Thanks!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Quakertown, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Posts
    3,639
    Rep Power
    21474849

    Default Re: Question about LTC application photo in philly

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    I don't know about Philly, but DelCo takes the photo on the spot and feeds it (and your signature) directly to the printer.
    Bucks does the same.

    Four or five LTCF's ago they photocopied your DL picture and used that.

    I was pretty scruffy for my DL pic and after it was copied, I looked like Achmed the dead terrorist.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    NEPA...Lake Wallenpaupack, Pennsylvania
    (Wayne County)
    Posts
    501
    Rep Power
    21474844

    Default Re: Question about LTC application photo in philly

    Same here in Wayne County.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    In the can, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    1,494
    Rep Power
    21474846

    Default Re: Question about LTC application photo in philly

    Montgomery County takes their own photos in the sheriff's office also.
    If Philly doesn't take their own photos, I would be very surprised if they did not accept the photo you produced.
    Maybe someone from philly will chime in with their experience.
    Let us know what happens.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    (Philadelphia County)
    Age
    36
    Posts
    309
    Rep Power
    1993488

    Default Re: Question about LTC application photo in philly

    Philly PD takes the photo for your license. HOWEVER, one of the additional "Philly" requirements is that the applicant provide a "passport size" color photo for their records. The photo provided will not be the one used when they make your license.

    The provided photo will be stapled/ clipped to the application and placed in the file folder they will be keeping on you.

    Last time I renewed my LTCF I used an app on my phone to take and size the pic, then printed it out on glossy photo paper at home.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    (Philadelphia County)
    Posts
    368
    Rep Power
    1141288

    Default Re: Question about LTC application photo in philly

    Quote Originally Posted by PHLJJS View Post
    Philly PD takes the photo for your license. HOWEVER, one of the additional "Philly" requirements is that the applicant provide a "passport size" color photo for their records. The photo provided will not be the one used when they make your license.

    The provided photo will be stapled/ clipped to the application and placed in the file folder they will be keeping on you.

    Last time I renewed my LTCF I used an app on my phone to take and size the pic, then printed it out on glossy photo paper at home.
    This was the same experience I had in March when I renewed. Knowing how Philly is I would suggest getting the cvs pics.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    (Philadelphia County)
    Posts
    2,082
    Rep Power
    21474844

    Default Re: Question about LTC application photo in philly

    In the past I have used a photo booth in the mall.They give you about ten photos but for far less than thirty five bucks.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    (Philadelphia County)
    Age
    38
    Posts
    74
    Rep Power
    379601

    Default Re: Question about LTC application photo in philly

    Thank you everyone i feel a lot better about my CVS photos now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. PA Application Question
    By Ima90sJezus in forum Erie
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: February 5th, 2015, 09:06 PM
  2. A question about AZ application.
    By Tmygun in forum Concealed & Open Carry
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: June 11th, 2011, 10:28 PM
  3. Philly LTCF application question...
    By PhillyCarry888 in forum Concealed & Open Carry
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: July 12th, 2010, 10:09 PM
  4. Expungement & References - Philly LTC Application
    By Dukearache in forum Concealed Carry
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: April 21st, 2010, 10:23 PM
  5. application for ccw in philly this week
    By ruggerio in forum General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: December 6th, 2008, 12:49 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops