Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    (Erie County)

Default Re: I was not a good ambassador for open carry today. But .....

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    Him: "Are you allowed to carry your gun out in the open like that ?"
    Me: "Yes."
    Him: "You sure ? 'Cause I was at a gun shop. Ya know; Cabellas in Hamburg. And I was talking to one of the guys at the counter and he said you have to keep guns concealed."
    Me: "Why did the gun counter guy say that?"

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Bucks County)

I'm coming in late to this. I read the OP, and I think the guy was genuinely concerned that you were headed for trouble. He told you he was in Cabela's talking to one of the guys at the gun counter (store). Do you think he was there to give an anti speech? He thought he had learned something about the law and tried to share it with you.

You are the one who was rude. Your choice of language was rude and so was your marginalizing him in a political fashion. Your reaction was a chip-on-shoulder one. Your attitude verified his concern that you were trouble, and he wisely walked away. Of course, according to your tenets, he should have never approached you without groveling an "excuse me". I seriously doubt an excuse me would have altered a thing.

"I was not a good ambassador for open carry today. No Buts about it ....." (Fixed it for you).

(Bucks County)

She actually needs an under carriage wash at a truck stop. There are crevices there that a pressure washer may not get too.
    Gotta stay awake, gotta try and shake off this creeping malaise

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    I'm coming in late to this. I read the OP, and I think the guy was genuinely concerned that you were headed for trouble. He told you he was in Cabela's talking to one of the guys at the gun counter (store). Do you think he was there to give an anti speech? He thought he had learned something about the law and tried to share it with you.

You are the one who was rude. Your choice of language was rude and so was your marginalizing him in a political fashion. Your reaction was a chip-on-shoulder one. Your attitude verified his concern that you were trouble, and he wisely walked away. Of course, according to your tenets, he should have never approached you without groveling an "excuse me". I seriously doubt an excuse me would have altered a thing.

"I was not a good ambassador for open carry today. No Buts about it ....." (Fixed it for you).
    Going against the ‘grain’ of the thread eh? Interesting perspective... reminds me of me.

(Bucks County)

Yeah, I guess, although all that went before was unread when I posted. I hesitated to post it, sure don't want to make bad feelings with anyone here, but I think ett may have made a mistake in assessing the thing. There are some nice half-scruffy well-intentioned people out there.

(Lebanon County)

Yeah, I guess, although all that went before was unread when I posted. I hesitated to post it, sure don't want to make bad feelings with anyone here, but I think ett may have made a mistake in assessing the thing. There are some nice half-scruffy well-intentioned people out there.
    ............... that have crossed the state line from NJ to protect us from the evils of firearms!

Wasn't there a thread a few years ago about Cabela's asking OC'ers to cover up?
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Venango County)

I'm afraid I have to disagree with you on this one Bang.

The fellow seemed to have an agenda and the reasoning for my conclusion on that is the fact that he caught the OP during his selecting an order on a touchscreen or computer. That is difficult to do sometimes but while being interrupted about something you really care about it may be near impossible. This gives the OP no time to collect his thoughts and respond intelligently whether nicely or in a rude fashion. Whether the questioner intended this or not, that is exactly the result.

Beyond that fact, it is plain rude to interrupt somebody's business and not wait a minute for a more appropriate time. There is no emergency here. The person interrupting is thinking his opinion, his question, nay even himself his more important. Very narcissistic. In all cases (whether an agenda to catch him off guard or just ignorant) of analyzing this - the man's behavior was plain rude!
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

(Bucks County)

I agree with Bang. Encounter was a fail.

OP never said, "Constitution Motherfucker!"

(Monroe County)

Warm Oct night. Got out of truck OC to pump gas. Out of corner of my eye see this guy staring at me. I say can I help you? He goes on to sputter....but your pumping gas with a pistol showing. I said yes and kept pumping. He goes but it is completely showing and looked all pissed off and razzled. I said ..yes. Kept pumping gas. I don't waste my time anymore.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast