Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Susquehanna County)

Default Re: Situation with delivery man

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    HAHAHA! Look, now you "wanted to shoot him"!

LOL! There's no way I'd post anything I do like this online for everyone to turn into something it wasn't.
    EM - no where did I ever say that.. I even said " Never said I wanted to shoot anybody...".. you need to clean them glasses there brother LOL

This time of the year most of the delivery companies lease or rent vans to keep up. I have seen multiple vans with "Enterprise Car Rental" logos down the side.. but they always had some type of sign stuck to the doors or side that say what delivery company. this was the first time there was NO markings what so ever.. it was also later than we have seen them out and about.
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Parrisk View Post
    EM - no where did I ever say that.. I even said " Never said I wanted to shoot anybody...".. you need to clean them glasses there brother LOL

This time of the year most of the delivery companies lease or rent vans to keep up. I have seen multiple vans with "Enterprise Car Rental" logos down the side.. but they always had some type of sign stuck to the doors or side that say what delivery company. this was the first time there was NO markings what so ever.. it was also later than we have seen them out and about.

I know. I was referring to the other post that accused you of wanting to shoot the guy.

No need to 'splain anything to ME - you do what you gotta do. I wasn't there and I won't fault you for any of it.

Ahhh , but anyone can have a magnetic door sign made with any company name , real or bogus.

This is also the biggest time of year when scumbags ride around just looking for packages left on front steps/porches , by front doors , etc , and steal them.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    Aren't commercial vehicles required at least to be marked with PUC#'s etc?
    Not small vehicles (light trucks)

(Carbon County)

then a delivery person puts a package in your unlocked car and you want to shoot him?
    I was bustin balls with that.

seems a few took the bait
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

Tactical thoughts ?
    Personally I think you involved yourself in a situation that just didn't need to occur. I would have blasted him with a flood or spot light, tactical light, whatever, from the house and taken it from there. I understand well your situation with police response, and rural lane, etc. Confronting the person with a drawn gun to me seems excessive, and unnecessary. Consider that you were in a safe defensible location, and changed all that by confronting an unknown situation, outside, in the dark, and by yourself. Not my first choice. It could easily not have been a delivery person, but someone up to no good. Then what?

My suggestion because you live in a dark rural area, is to add some lighting, whether permanent or hand held, to better evaluate future concerns.

(Wyoming County)

A few days ago, my dog comes into the living room where I am at, eating a doggie treat. I'm like "where did you get that"? Walk out into kitchen and low & behold a UPS package is sitting inside the door. So much for having a dog.

I like the drivers that make my deliveries. Some of the Fed drivers have been reduced to driving a Yellow Hertz rent-a-truck but always something marked and in a uniform.

Knock on wood nothing ever shady goes down, because our border collie will bark like hell at wildlife, but she is perhaps a little too human friendly.
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

Tactical thoughts ?
    You missed a great opportunity to deploy a flash bang first...maybe a smoke grenade or two.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by danhr View Post
    Sooooo you brandished a pistol on a seasonal delivery guy that was doing what is considered a common practice in your area?
    Did not "brandish", he had it at low ready.

That doesn't even meet the definition of defensive display.

I wasn't there, so I'm not gonna pass POOFA judgement on whether justified or not.

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    A few days ago, my dog comes into the living room where I am at, eating a doggie treat. I'm like "where did you get that"? Walk out into kitchen and low & behold a UPS package is sitting inside the door. So much for having a dog.
    That's funny! My dog scared the shit out of the FedEx guy. Ran out the door past my wife and chased him out in the street to his truck.

She tried to explain that it was all a show, but he wasn't buying it. He threw the box on the lawn and took off.

She said it was pretty funny. He's huge and has a fierce bark but he's really a big baby.

He's been jumping up into the mail lady's truck to say hi since he was a puppy.
    Last edited by RockIsland; December 12th, 2017 at 02:53 PM.

(Lackawanna County)

Perhaps you could have put him in the prone position, with his hands on his head, and his legs crossed, and have him crawl to you.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.
    America must suffer until it reaches the point that Liberty is more important than Comforts.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast