Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default NPR Nat'l Conceal Carry Legislation Debate w/John Lott Audio replay

Happened to randomly catch some of the debate tonight regarding the House vote on national carry. Many from the left seem befuddled that conservatives, who are normally for states rights, want to infringe on states rights when it comes to CC. Hey geniuses, we're for the Constitution and BoR - the 2nd AND the 10th. Sheesh, amazing how these libtard hypocrites are suddenly for states rights when they normally shit all over them. Didn't hear it all, but caller portion had the usual gun-illiterate hausfrauen calling-in about how dangerous it is to have guns in the house...used impuslively in domestic disputes, kids find and kill themselves or others and all the other predictable fear-generated bunk...

Anyway, John Lott has the audio replay linked on his crimeresearch.org website...

https://crimeresearch.org/2017/12/np...n-reciprocity/
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Berks County)

Default Re: NPR Nat'l Conceal Carry Legislation Debate w/John Lott Audio replay

Can't pay me to listen to NPR.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Can't pay me to listen to NPR.

When you don't listen to NPR, you become "tone deaf" or even "tone death." Know thine enemy, my friend...
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Berks County)

I know him. Shit bag communist camouflaged as progressive liberal. Wants to take my guns, my property, my liberty. They need really ignorant boreass pawns to create the friction and cover for their nefarious deeds. They destroy the family, emasculation of father, weaken the mother, diseducate the children, demoralize the masses, eradicate the churches, promote sexual deviancy, promote abortion and euthanasia, narcatize the population and idolize sloth and abomination.

Did I miss anything? Oh yes! Erase history and replace with nightmare.

(Chester County)

I know him. Shit bag communist camouflaged as progressive liberal. Wants to take my guns, my property, my liberty. They need really ignorant boreass pawns to create the friction and cover for their nefarious deeds. They destroy the family, emasculation of father, weaken the mother, diseducate the children, demoralize the masses, eradicate the churches, promote sexual deviancy, promote abortion and euthanasia, narcatize the population and idolize sloth and abomination.

Pretty much covers it. That accurately describes what NPR broadcasts as news and opinion. We pay for it too. Imagine that.
    Last edited by JenniferG; December 12th, 2017 at 02:04 PM.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Delaware County)

Well said. You covered it well

(Bucks County)

Listen to NPR and you get The Guardian of the UK thrown in.

I posted this response on Dr. Lott's website:

"The usual Lefty arguments:
    – All the cool kids oppose this – (arguing that various groups agree with the interviewer, then immediately attempting to shut down discussion on that point.)
    – The experts agree with me – (police chiefs and prosecutors oppose this….just like they would oppose the 4th and 5th and 7th Amendments, because limiting searches and allowing suspects to remain silent, and speedy trials and juries of their peers and providing a right to a lawyer, all tend to make convictions harder to obtain.)
    – The Bill of Rights is not absolute – (true, but that doesn’t mean that it can be infringed at will, by “reasonable regulations”; the Left understands this point when you try to regulate their current pet causes, like immigration (foreigners have no rights outside this country anyway), or abortion (Pennsylvania’s governor is vetoing a restriction on abortions at 20 weeks, 5 months into the 9 month term) or voting, or even Welfare.)
    – A right to bear arms doesn’t mean that you have any right to carry a gun – (this is obviously wrong, since “bear” and “carry” are effectively synonyms.)
    – This will allow wife-beaters and felons to legally carry guns in every state – (factually wrong, since Federal law already bars a host of people from even touching guns or ammunition, including felons, domestic abusers, the mentally ill, those dishonorably discharged from the military, and anyone ever convicted of any crime punishable by more than 1 year in jail, even if they were never sentenced to a single day. Hard to carry a gun legally if it’s illegal to even touch a gun.)
    – Police are trained and “civilians” are not – (the truth is that non-police gun owners usually practice more than cops do, and it’s not hard to find stories of police completely missing their targets in a firefight, or shooting someone without justification. Further, these are the same Lefties who (mistakenly) believe that police are racists who target innocent young black men, so maybe if they’re right about police racism it’s a bad idea to disarm everyone except police.)
    – You don’t need a gun to protect yourself because the police will protect you, that’s their job – (no, it’s not the job of the police to protect individuals, their job is to maintain order and punish the guy who killed you, afterwards. Most people would prefer to stay alive rather than know that their killer may be arrested.)"
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Quote Originally Posted by Gman106 View Post
    When you don't listen to NPR, you become "tone deaf" or even "tone death." Know thine enemy, my friend...
    Well said... got to know what the gun grabbers are upto.
    Gun Owners of America lifetime member! Same sex marriage is an oxymoron!

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    I posted this response on Dr. Lott's website:

"The usual Lefty arguments:
    – All the cool kids oppose this – (arguing that various groups agree with the interviewer, then immediately attempting to shut down discussion on that point.)
    – The experts agree with me – (police chiefs and prosecutors oppose this….just like they would oppose the 4th and 5th and 7th Amendments, because limiting searches and allowing suspects to remain silent, and speedy trials and juries of their peers and providing a right to a lawyer, all tend to make convictions harder to obtain.)
    – The Bill of Rights is not absolute – (true, but that doesn’t mean that it can be infringed at will, by “reasonable regulations”; the Left understands this point when you try to regulate their current pet causes, like immigration (foreigners have no rights outside this country anyway), or abortion (Pennsylvania’s governor is vetoing a restriction on abortions at 20 weeks, 5 months into the 9 month term) or voting, or even Welfare.)
    – A right to bear arms doesn’t mean that you have any right to carry a gun – (this is obviously wrong, since “bear” and “carry” are effectively synonyms.)
    – This will allow wife-beaters and felons to legally carry guns in every state – (factually wrong, since Federal law already bars a host of people from even touching guns or ammunition, including felons, domestic abusers, the mentally ill, those dishonorably discharged from the military, and anyone ever convicted of any crime punishable by more than 1 year in jail, even if they were never sentenced to a single day. Hard to carry a gun legally if it’s illegal to even touch a gun.)
    – Police are trained and “civilians” are not – (the truth is that non-police gun owners usually practice more than cops do, and it’s not hard to find stories of police completely missing their targets in a firefight, or shooting someone without justification. Further, these are the same Lefties who (mistakenly) believe that police are racists who target innocent young black men, so maybe if they’re right about police racism it’s a bad idea to disarm everyone except police.)
    – You don’t need a gun to protect yourself because the police will protect you, that’s their job – (no, it’s not the job of the police to protect individuals, their job is to maintain order and punish the guy who killed you, afterwards. Most people would prefer to stay alive rather than know that their killer may be arrested.)"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast