Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Anyone shoot on their property on the Doylestown/Quakertown area? Might be moving

Quote Originally Posted by PhillySoldier View Post
    What is legal and what is going on currently is usually pretty entertaining. I know with being connected to a lot of different local social media groups - as your aware many in the area are transplants (such as myself) from larger cities and not used to people being allowed to shoot legally. Every time so much as a firecracker goes off there are posts all over online - did you hear that, where is it, I called the police XX amount of times already. The police say its legal but Im gonna keep calling anyway - you all should too. etc. As to your specific question, I cant answer it. I just know Ive seen many complain about the police telling them there allowed. Its funny I always hear someone targeting shooting in nearby birdsboro but it seems criminalized in douglassville.
    There's definitely rifle shots up on the hill here but they have more land and forest up there too. I have shot my pistols and .22 here but my space is kind of limited and the echo off of my garage drives me nuts as well. When I do I get texts from all my neighbors checking up on me.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Anyone shoot on their property on the Doylestown/Quakertown area? Might be moving

Over here in Quakertown....if you head over to Milford or Richland you can hear people shooting on their own property, but both townships have rural areas..

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    There's definitely rifle shots up on the hill here but they have more land and forest up there too. I have shot my pistols and .22 here but my space is kind of limited and the echo off of my garage drives me nuts as well. When I do I get texts from all my neighbors checking up on me.
    Ive shot on a farm over one douglass drive a few times in the past and I would guess is around the same acreage you describe. Its also about a mile or so from a police station and didnt have any problems. I know in nearby birdsboro I frequently here target shooting w no problems.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pag23 View Post
    Over here in Quakertown....if you head over to Milford or Richland you can hear people shooting on their own property, but both townships have rural areas..
    Don't forget Haycock. They're the Skooks of Bucks County.

(Wayne County)

When I had 4 acres in Fountainville, discharge would lead to someone calling the cops. This was 10+ years ago, so may not be relevant today.

(Bucks County)

There is more to it than local laws and ordinances, size of property and safe direction of fire and adequate backstops.

We know friends who live rurally with fair distances between homes. They have an array of guns (media translation: arsenal) and shoot when they can. They initially shot on their property but found a real range is more practical. But something developed. A nearby home was sold to a guy who shoots very regularly.

The problem is, when he shoots, our friends' dogs go bananas. One is an older dobie that freaks out so badly they are concerned it could throw a seven.

So, they have asked the neighbor to warn them when he plans to shoot so they can give the dobie medication to calm her. (They had asked a vet for the medication and the reason needed). Problem is, he often forgets to carry out his end of the plan. One day she called (State) police and reported shots fired at his address, no further explanation, hoping that would engender more cooperation.

I have no further knowledge of the saga. Just thought I'd offer how shooting can create problems laws do not anticipate.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by virus22x View Post
    One of my life's goals is to be able to shoot on my own land. I want to be able to relax and plink a little without anyone else bothering me. I also do a little amateur gunsmithing so I would be really cool to be able to test some stuff out without having to go to the range. I
    I current work in Newtown and Plumsteadville(depends on the day). So moving far away would be out of the question right now. I was curious if this would be looking for some land around Doyestown/Quakertown or if this is a hopeless pursuit.

Thanks!
    My parents have 11 acres half way between Sellersville and Quakertown and I shoot up there quite regularly.

My cousin lives down on Ferry Rd above Doylestown, about a minute off 611, him and his neighbors all shoot quite regularly.

So the answer to your question is, yes.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    There is more to it than local laws and ordinances, size of property and safe direction of fire and adequate backstops.

We know friends who live rurally with fair distances between homes. They have an array of guns (media translation: arsenal) and shoot when they can. They initially shot on their property but found a real range is more practical. But something developed. A nearby home was sold to a guy who shoots very regularly.

The problem is, when he shoots, our friends' dogs go bananas. One is an older dobie that freaks out so badly they are concerned it could throw a seven.

So, they have asked the neighbor to warn them when he plans to shoot so they can give the dobie medication to calm her. (They had asked a vet for the medication and the reason needed). Problem is, he often forgets to carry out his end of the plan. One day she called (State) police and reported shots fired at his address, no further explanation, hoping that would engender more cooperation.

I have no further knowledge of the saga. Just thought I'd offer how shooting can create problems laws do not anticipate.
    I would increase shooting frequency about 3 fold after that

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Roadking View Post
    When I had 4 acres in Fountainville, discharge would lead to someone calling the cops. This was 10+ years ago, so may not be relevant today.
    In doylestown, i would bet it would get the same reaction.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    Don't forget Haycock. They're the Skooks of Bucks County.
    and the NIMBY neighbors got the state range closed down.....

No matter where I'm hunting at the end of the special regulations I go up there and walk in a ways to shoot the flinter for the last time that year...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast