Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: 521 guns stolen in 2017 from unlocked cars, Jacksonville police say

Sometimes I have to commute to NJ and when I do I carpool with a friend I meet on the way in PA. When it's his turn to drive I leave my Cary gun locked in a small strong box that's cabled to the seat. I hide the wire under the floor mat and make sure the doors are locked twice before I leave.

Yeah I know you shouldn't have to lock your doors but you shouldn't have to do a lot of things in this world. People are opportunists, leaving something valuable laying out in the open and the door unlocked is like a welcome mat for shit heads.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Sometimes I have to commute to NJ and when I do I carpool with a friend I meet on the way in PA. When it's his turn to drive I leave my Cary gun locked in a small strong box that's cabled to the seat. I hide the wire under the floor mat and make sure the doors are locked twice before I leave.
    So...um...where do you park?

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    I had a Honda Accord that was broken into three times. For keeping my doors and glove box locked, I got three seperate windows broken (1 that never worked properly again) and a busted up glovebox/dashboard that couldn’t be repaired short of a whole new dash. Thank goodness for bunjie cords.
    I've seen that car before.

Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    So...um...where do you park?
    I would tell you but then I'm going to have to shoot you.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Ironically, most thieves will think it is a set up and leave that gun alone.
    My brother made an ignition switch knob with a big old giant key from a mobile when his switch wend bad in his hoopdee. The brothers at work told him the same thing.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    For every story I've heard of windows being broken out, I've heard a dozen about unlocked cars being rifled through.

That's why. Because people don't just go randomly breaking out windows the way they check cars for unlocked doors.
    Good point. If been fortunate to never have had a break in. I have however had to replace side window glass on a few trucks for various reasons, and it's not always easy.

I'm not one to leave a firearm in a vehicle, but I'd rather have my $200-250 SW shield stolen from an unlocked jeep, than have a window smashed, even if they get nothing.

Cool Re: 521 guns stolen in 2017 from unlocked cars, Jacksonville police say

Sometimes I have to commute to NJ and when I do I carpool with a friend I meet on the way in PA. When it's his turn to drive I leave my Cary gun locked in a small strong box that's cabled to the seat.
    Hmmmm... What do you do with it when it's your turn to drive?

I know, I know, if you told me you'd have to shoot me too.

there's a multitude of reasons why I always have my cars inside garage or storage every night.

(Bucks County)

I lock my car even if i have to run into my house if I forgot something. Luckily I can keep my car parked behind my house and you must go through two separate motion lights to get to it.
    Gotta stay awake, gotta try and shake off this creeping malaise

(Allegheny County)

I would tell you but then I'm going to have to shoot you.
    Deal!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast