Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Centre County)

Default 450 Bushmaster AR

Anyone have an AR chambered in 450 Bushmaster? Has anyone built one from the ground up? I'm doing some advanced research for a customer who is looking at building one (with my help) for hunting on the family farm in Iowa.

Haven't done the search thing yet, will be doing that soon.

Thanks for any info you can pass on to me.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Berks County)

Default Re: 450 Bushmaster AR

Tromix is a great place for all your big bore AR parts and questions, Tony knows his stuff. I put together my .458 socom with his barrel and bolt combo and have had excellent results.

Yes Tromix is good stuff. The nice thing too is he makes a slotted chamber gauge that matches the chamber to test your ammo/reloads in too.

(Beaver County)

I have a 20" freefloated 450 Bushy. I bought it complete from Bushmaster. I love it. Great gun but its a bit of a thumper on the shoulder. Think stout 12ga 3" Mag. Not quite 3 1/2" but close. Definitely not comfortable to shoot in a t-shirt.

I've shot mine out to 300 yrds on steel and get good 2" groups at 200 with a simple no magnification holographic style red dot. Been buying factory ammo till I get a good supply of brass to reload. Believe it or not new brass and bullets are more exspensive than loaded ammo.

I agree that Tromix is good stuff. But if you assemble/build your own upper just make sure the ejection port is enlarged for Big Bore cartridges. I would bet Tromix offers them but you may have some machining if you buy a standard upper.

If you ever make it out west your more than welcome to shoot mine. Matter of fact it and my 50 Beowulf both were at the last group shoot. Lots of sore shoulders that day.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.