Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Getting an LTC from another state

Do not lie on LTCF applications because after you're denied you may get a knock on the door from state police.

It is not 'the worst they can say is no' as you mentioned. It's a crime to lie on the form.

As everyone else mentioned, you're out of luck unfortunately. Sorry for the rough answer. Start the long and expensive process with a lawyer to get the conviction expunged. Good luck!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Xringshooter View Post
    If your wife currently has a PA LTCF, she can conceal carry in PA and get as many non resident concealed carry permits in as many states that allow a non resident to get that states' permit. If she does not have a current PA LTCF, she can get as many non resident concealed carry permits as she wants as long as the state's she is applying to allows it - HOWEVER - if she does not have a current PA LTCF, she CANNOT conceal carry in PA, even if she has 20 concealed carry permits from other states.
    Yes.

To conceal carry in PA one must have PA LTCF, be it as a resident or non resident
    Allow me to rephrase the first half as "To conceal carry in PA one a PA resident must have PA LTCF", and point out the PA recognizes/reciprocates with a number of other states' licenses.

That said, the 2nd half can be troublesome: a non-resident with a PA LTCF is fine. A non-resident with a home-state license that PA accepts is fine. A non-resident (e.g. New Jersey) with a non-resident permit from AZ, FL, MS, UT, or VA, however, is S.O.L., as PA only accepts resident permits from those states. This is why H.R. 38 is popular...

(and IIRC the non resident LTCF looks just like the resident LTCF other than the carriers address).
    This is also my understanding.

(Bucks County)

So my only option here is the carry illegally? There is no way I can legally carry concealed in Pennsylvania as there is no way I can get a license to carry because I smoked a joint 5 years ago is that correct?

(11) Any person while carrying a firearm in any vehicle which, person possesses a valid and lawfully issued license for that firearm which has been issued under the laws of the United States or any other state.
    There is chance you could fall under the above exemption for transporting in a vehicle with a license from another state, and then OC outside the vehicle provided you stay out of Philly, and understand the other exemptions for being near a school zone, or a declared state of emergency. Both of which are common.

I would run this past an attorney first.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    There is chance you could fall under the above exemption for transporting in a vehicle with a license from another state, and then OC outside the vehicle provided you stay out of Philly, and understand the other exemptions for being near a school zone, or a declared state of emergency. Both of which are common.

I would run this past an attorney first.
    Negative. The Mckown thing screwed that too for PA residents.

Carrying concealed and carrying/transporting in a vehicle are legally the same thing. ..If PA resident are required a LTCF for concealed carry, they would also be required to have the PA LTCF for vehicle carry/transport.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Bucks County)

I don't go to Philadelphia so Philadelphia isn't an issue but the vehicle thing is what is really screwing me

It's really convenient way to make sure you can't carry without a license

I live in the suburbs I'm literally in the car every time I leave the house it's not like I can walk to the supermarket

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Negative. The Mckown thing screwed that too for PA residents.

Carrying concealed and carrying/transporting in a vehicle are legally the same thing. ..If PA resident are required a LTCF for concealed carry, they would also be required to have the PA LTCF for vehicle carry/transport.
    Yeah it was a shot in the dark.

Oh well I tried.

Frankly if it were me I would move to a state that doesn't treat gun ownership and concealed carry in such dramatically different way. It's unacceptable to me that Pa won't issue over what many other states view (correctly so) as a minor drug infraction.

(Bucks County)

60 years old work my whole life and I have to leave my house defenseless because I smoked a joint. What a Sad State of Affairs.

I'm going to apply for license to carry and hope that they approve it but if not I see no other option but to carry concealed. I'm not leaving my family without a father because some Thug wants a quick come up. I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
    Last edited by Oldtimer57; December 10th, 2017 at 07:09 PM.

(Montgomery County)

I don't think I would post that online...

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by DK23 View Post
    I don't think I would post that online...
    I know sure as $#!% I wouldn't...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast