Default Lebanon Valley Gun Show - Jan 20th & 21st, 2018

Lebanon Valley Exposition Center & Fairgrounds
    80 Rocherty Road
    Lebanon, PA 17042

500+ tables

http://www.igunshows.com/Lebanon-Valley-Gun-Show

(Northumberland County)

Default Re: Lebanon Valley Gun Show - Jan 20th & 21st, 2018

Probably won't make this one, but just curious...what's the consensus on the Lebanon shows these days? Used to get there years ago and they were solid, then they went down hill, and then improved a bit when Eagle Arms took over. Last one I was at was 2-3 years ago and wasn't the most exciting I've been to, but definitely not the worst I've ever seen either.

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rural Ruger View Post
    Probably won't make this one, but just curious...what's the consensus on the Lebanon shows these days? Used to get there years ago and they were solid, then they went down hill, and then improved a bit when Eagle Arms took over. Last one I was at was 2-3 years ago and wasn't the most exciting I've been to, but definitely not the worst I've ever seen either.
    I always ended up buying a shitload of stuff there, but I'm the kind of gun guy that has a "needed" list a mile long. These shows are one thing I'm really going to miss about living in that area.

(Lebanon County)

This was a good show several years ago but then it went to shit when someone else took over the promotion. They didn't advertise nearly enough, the attendance went way down and consequently the vendors lost interest. A few promoters tried to revive it but just couldn't pull it off like the original promoters did. Finally, Eagle Arms stepped in and promoted it properly and had a darn good turnout for their first show, but unfortunately the reputation was tarnished enough that they're seeming to have a hard time making it consistently as good as it once was. It's actually a good show, many of the vendors are regulars who were there many years ago and have returned since Eagle Arms picked up the slack.

Once people start to get over the fact that the show sucked for a few years they'll find a good show here again. I haven't missed a show since Eagle Arms took over and there have been a few that weren't so well attended due to weather or unfortunate timing, like scheduling during archery season or such circumstances.

This coming show should be a good one as far as weather and schedule timing are concerned. I don't believe there are any major hunting events happening and the weather is predicted to be nice and warm compared to what we've been seeing lately. It should be good traveling conditions for vendors and warmer weather should get the locals to get out to do some shopping to break that "cabin fever".

Now for a little bit of a possible bonus:
    Shyda's Outdoor Center is barely ½ mile from the Expo Center where the show is, and usually open Saturday and Sunday and having a good sale when the gun show is in town. As of now I don't see anything on their web site about a sale on Jan 20 and 21 to coincide with the show and it's too late to call them today to find out. (They closed about an hour ago).

If anyone knows for sure if Shyda's is going to have a sale this coming weekend please post with details.
    It could be a chance to shop two places on the same day to make your trip more worthwhile.

It's only $5.00 admission and parking is free. The better the crows is this time the better the show will be next time. When word gets out among the vendors that people are showing up and spending money again the vendors will be more willing to start coming back to the show. It's already gotten a lot better, let's give it another boost.

The political climate of the past several years hasn't helped anything either, panic and uncertainty pushed prices up and people weren't spending money the same way they were before the scare that started in about 2008. Things seem to be returning to something closer to normal than they have been more recently. Let's show the vendors that we are ready to get back to business as usual. It was once a really good show, let's do our part to help it get back to what it once was, Eagle Arms took the first step while things were still tough, it should be easy for us to give it the little bit of a boost that will help define the future of this show.

I don't have a short temper, I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

In addition to Shyda's being around the corner, Wolfe's gun shop is off Rt 72 near the Turnpike. Enke's is in Meyerstown and Richland Gun Shop is in, well Richland. All within a 30 minute drive.

MJT

(Northumberland County)

Good to hear it's still going strong. Wish I could make it.

Used to be very acquainted with Shydas, Richland and Encks before I moved out of the county...all good shops. Was especially partial to Richland.

Shyda's is not open on Sundays.

(Lebanon County)

They(Shydas) usually open on Sundays when the gun show is in town

(Delaware County)

How many of the vendors at this show also attend Oaks ?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rural Ruger View Post
    Good to hear it's still going strong. Wish I could make it.

Used to be very acquainted with Shydas, Richland and Encks before I moved out of the county...all good shops. Was especially partial to Richland.
    My faves!
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast