Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NJ Compliant AR

Default Re: NJ Compliant AR

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    I am pretty sure nj dealers can order rifles that are nj compliant. A friend of mine recently purchased one with a pinned stock. He will be stuck with 10 round mags. :-(
    D&H sometimes puts out runs of 15 rounders which used when I lived there.

Hexmag also makes 10 and 15 round fixed mags with a 30 round mag body. Good price and decent quality.

https://www.opticspros.com/products/hexmag-true-hx10-30-ar-10-round-magazine?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googlepla&gclid =CjwKCAiAmb7RBRATEiwA7kS8VD6j5lYcXLVFJAKT2aStVUM4g 5ojwYzUVBcTnsOTEk_zRW3W4YWhrxoC6QEQAvD_BwE&variant =29551420749
    Last edited by Hodgie; December 13th, 2017 at 02:41 AM.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    You sign that you are buying the gun for yourself. Buying it with intent to transfer it to someone else is illegal. Period. I know....it's chickenshit, but that's the position of the ATF. Here's a test. Tell the dealer you are purchasing from your plan. Watch him terminate the sale immediately.
    To be very clear IT WOULD GO THROUGH A NJ FFL. I would do everything to assure that the transfer would be 100% legal for my brother's sake and mine.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pizza Bob View Post
    Don't forget that the mag limit is 15 rounds.
    Sure, I told my brother to make sure that none of his 458 socom mags have more than a 10 round capacity.

(Montgomery County)

Have him buy an M&P Sport himself and be done with it. If you buy a 6920 you're looking at a whole bunch of cost and effort for a marginally better rifle. Don't forget there aren't many $25 transfer FFLs in NJ, you're more looking at $50 minimum.

(Bucks County)

To be very clear IT WOULD GO THROUGH A NJ FFL. I would do everything to assure that the transfer would be 100% legal for my brother's sake and mine.
    I never believed otherwise, nor did I imply it. I found out how it works myself. I was at Oaks gun show, found an AR a PA friend had been looking for. I phoned him and asked if I should buy it and we could transfer it at his local FFL. Hearing my conversation, the dealer behind the table said, "Give me that gun!" He additionally informed me I was engaging in an illegal transaction and please leave his tables. I had a time seeing it his way for a while, because IT WAS GOING TO BE TRANSFERRED BY ANOTHER FFL. But I get it, and thought you may be having the same problem seeing it that I had....that being, if you purchase for someone else IN ANY MANNER you are falsifying the 4473 question 11a:

Are you the actual buyer of the firearm(s) described on these pages? WARNING: You are not the actual buyer if you are acquiring the firearm(s) on behalf of another person.

Like I said, it seems chicken-shit and your plan seems harmless and it is hard to believe the plan violates the spirit and intent of the law, but this is a zero-tolerance situation. Feds make federal cases out of everything and sometimes foreseeable events are much better left unspoken...especially on an open to the public (and feds) format. ;-)
    Last edited by Bang; December 13th, 2017 at 03:38 PM.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    I never believed otherwise, nor did I imply it. I found out how it works myself. I was at Oaks gun show, found an AR a PA friend had been looking for. I phoned him and asked if I should buy it and we could transfer it at his local FFL. Hearing my conversation, the dealer behind the table said, "Give me that gun!" He additionally informed me I was engaging in an illegal transaction and please leave his tables. I had a time seeing it his way for a while, because IT WAS GOING TO BE TRANSFERRED BY ANOTHER FFL. But I get it, and thought you may be having the same problem seeing it that I had....that being, if you purchase for someone else IN ANY MANNER you are falsifying the 4473 question 11a:

Are you the actual buyer of the firearm(s) described on these pages? WARNING: You are not the actual buyer if you are acquiring the firearm(s) on behalf of another person.

Like I said, it seems chicken-shit and your plan seems harmless and it is hard to believe the plan violates the spirit and intent of the law, but this is a zero-tolerance situation. Feds make federal cases out of everything and sometimes foreseeable events are much better left unspoken...especially on an open to the public (and feds) format. ;-)
    OK - I NEVER would have thought about taht interpretation of the 4473 form. You however are correct - OUR Gubmint is that wacky...

(Lancaster County)

I am semi going through this now with my dad, he wants to get a AR in the PRNJ and if you have looked, behind the wall prices for compliant rifles are stupidly expensive.

I paid a little over 700 for my eagle 15 a few years back, and I regret that choice knowing what I do now.

Why not have your brother buy a assembled/stripped/whatever he wants lower of his choice in NJ. (I would recommend stirpped so you don't have to pay an FFL to pin the stock) Then you or him, buy an upper of your choosing, modify it for NJ and bam, you avoid the stupid compliance up charge. I was looking for uppers that come without threaded barrels but haven't gotten far on that.
    Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem

Here is a picture of one compliant in NY, NJ and IL
    https://www.thespruce.com/unclogging...lunger-2719030

(Delaware County)

The Jersey resident should not waste time purchasing a compliant gun. After the new democrat governor with his democrat legislature in place takes over early next year, "Compliant" may be taking on a new meaning.

(Bucks County)

May be advisable to grab the gun under today's PRNJ edicts and hope the new emperor understands the concept of grandfathering.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast