Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (York County)

Default AR 15 trigger change

Am looking to upgrade the trigger on my S&W, M&P sport II. Any suggestions? I'm new to the AR platform, so keep it understandable for a newbie. Thanks.

(Beaver County)

Default Re: AR 15 trigger change

How much do you want to spend ? There are multiple good/great choices at varying price levels. But I'd expect to spend just a bit noth of $150 if you want great.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

https://geissele.com/lower-parts.htm...on_platform=36

Best triggers made , right across the street from me.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    https://geissele.com/lower-parts.htm...on_platform=36

Best triggers made , right across the street from me.
    I have the Geissele triggers and also these...from Triggertech.com They are more money but you can dial in the exact pull weight you want, 2 oz at a time. I have my trigger set at 3 lbs...unbelievable triggers.

(Lackawanna County)

I am putting an ALG Defense Advanced Combat Trigger (ACT) in the AR I am currently building. Here is a link to it: https://algdefense.com/alg-combat-trigger-act.html

BTW, "ALG" is short for Amy Lynn Geissele. She is Bill Geissele's wife. Her company sells pretty much the same triggers as her husband's company without having to pay for the name.

If ya get on their email list , they notify you of special sales. They often sell 'blems' , trigger sets with poor bluing or anodizing , scratches , but still functionally and mechanically perfect , at a big discount.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

I've had a lot of success with Velocity triggers. Initially bought a 4 lb, which made a considerable difference over the stock AR trigger when it comes to shooting groups. Then I upgraded to the 3 lb, and WOW!

Here's the website link, but I think you can get them on eBay for the same price with free shipping.

https://www.highimpactmanufacturing.com/AR-Triggers
    Ragged Hole Manufacturer

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by mosseater View Post
    Am looking to upgrade the trigger on my S&W, M&P sport II. Any suggestions? I'm new to the AR platform, so keep it understandable for a newbie. Thanks.

What kind of "upgrade"? What's the purpose? What are you looking to do?

Fifty different suggestions for fifty different types of triggers with everyone telling you their choice is the best. LOL

I'm a dinosaur because I have a Rock River Arms National Match 2 stage trigger in 2 of my guns.
    They used to be fairly popular although not good enough for those who can afford something that costs $300.
    For under $100 though, they feel fairly nice and good enough for me. Super easy to install too.

I have an ALG ACT trigger in one. I bought it for it's advertised purpose - similar to mil spec, but smoother.
    It's in what is shaping up to be my SHTF carbine. I didn't want any fancy-schmancy, super-duper, electrified, feather trigger in that gun.

In my pistol I chose a POF (Patriot Ordnance Factory) 4.5 lb single stage drop in trigger.
    I tried someone else's gun with one and it felt nice, so I got one. Not too expensive either.
    The only thing I don't care for is the face of the trigger itself - it's too thin for my liking - I'd rather have a wider surface for my finger.
    For this one I didn't want anything with a super-light pull.

There are SO many triggers on the market now it will make your head spin.

If you want a mil spec trigger but slightly upgraded in pull and weight look into the PSA EPT trigger its nickel Teflon coated and smoothed out at only $30.00 and is every bit as good at the $90.00 BCM PNT trigger. I have both and there is 0 difference.

You want a two stage affordable trigger get a RRA two stage match trigger you can find them on eBay new for $75.00 and they are a nice upgrade.

You can spend more on a trigger then you did on your rifle and since your new to the platform try putting rounds through it if you want to get your marksmanship skills up. A $250.00 trigger won't be coming with range time and fundamentals.
    Last edited by Hodgie; December 8th, 2017 at 03:11 AM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    What kind of "upgrade"? What's the purpose? What are you looking to do?

Fifty different suggestions for fifty different types of triggers with everyone telling you their choice is the best. LOL

I'm a dinosaur because I have a Rock River Arms National Match 2 stage trigger in 2 of my guns.
    They used to be fairly popular although not good enough for those who can afford something that costs $300.
    For under $100 though, they feel fairly nice and good enough for me. Super easy to install too.

I have an ALG ACT trigger in one. I bought it for it's advertised purpose - similar to mil spec, but smoother.
    It's in what is shaping up to be my SHTF carbine. I didn't want any fancy-schmancy, super-duper, electrified, feather trigger in that gun.

In my pistol I chose a POF (Patriot Ordnance Factory) 4.5 lb single stage drop in trigger.
    I tried someone else's gun with one and it felt nice, so I got one. Not too expensive either.
    The only thing I don't care for is the face of the trigger itself - it's too thin for my liking - I'd rather have a wider surface for my finger.
    For this one I didn't want anything with a super-light pull.

There are SO many triggers on the market now it will make your head spin.
    +1

OP, the factory trigger has to be broken in. Put a few hundred rounds through your rifle and then revisit the replacement trigger idea.
    Toujours prêt

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast